KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Reading books in order

Reading books in order
Started by: CellDweller

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
CellDweller

Reading books in order

I am thoroughly enjoying reading these books in order. I started with Cloak of Deception, and I'm up to The Han Solo Adventures now. Which means I've still got about a bizillion books to go. The only thing that will throw me off is when new books come out, and are in the story line before my current book. Such as the coming books Outbound Flight, and Triple Zero, but I guess I can deal with it. wink By the way my favorite storyline so far was Cestus Deception. Happy Dance

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2006 02:28 AM
Click here to Send CellDweller a Private Message Find more posts by CellDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ermac_Master
Ninja

Cool.....

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2006 02:33 AM
Click here to Send Ermac_Master a Private Message Find more posts by Ermac_Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

Man, it will be a while until you get to the Dark Nest books. By then the Legacy of the Force books will probably be out.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2006 06:23 AM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CellDweller

One thing that I am very impressed with, is how few contradictions there are so far. This continuity shows how much Lucas (or the approving editors) pays attention to every little detail of each book.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2006 07:11 AM
Click here to Send CellDweller a Private Message Find more posts by CellDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Yeah, Lucas (for the most part) just reads 'em and steps in where he sees fit. For example, Emperor Palpatine tells Luke that he's died several times before Endor in Dark Empire, meant to be taken literally. Lucas stepped and had it changed to be a bluff.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2006 07:16 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dirk Jade
Derk Jade the Dark Jedi

wait Lucas reads these books and aproves them... then its not Expanded universe... its like... all an aproved storyline by Lucas. Holy crap dude.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2006 06:52 PM
Click here to Send Dirk Jade a Private Message Find more posts by Dirk Jade Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

EU is approved by Lucas, but it still is lesser then the movies. Anything not approved by Lucas or Lucasfilm/books is an infinity, which isn't even part of the timeline even if it doesn't contradict anything.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2006 09:13 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kingkman
Restricted

Account Restricted

Can you give some examples of an infinity.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2006 11:59 PM
Click here to Send kingkman a Private Message Find more posts by kingkman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lucius
Unknown

Any book/comic/game dealing with anything after ROTJ automaticly sucks as far as I am concerned.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2006 02:37 AM
Click here to Send Lucius a Private Message Find more posts by Lucius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

quote: (post)
Originally posted by kingkman
Can you give some examples of an infinity.

The comic where Anakin Solo and Ben Skywalker go to find Luke old lightsaber.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2006 03:01 AM