KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Who SHOULD be able to pick up Mjolnir

Who SHOULD be able to pick up Mjolnir
Started by: K Von Doom

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
K Von Doom
Second fiddle

Question Who SHOULD be able to pick up Mjolnir

In my opinion, these should be able to pick up Mjolnir

Hercules: He's got a warrior's spirit which Asgardians (and Odin) hold highly. Although he's a bit of a goof most times, he's still honourable and a son of Zeus

Gladiator: He's the champion of an entire race and Praetor of the Shi Ar Imperial Guard. Similar to Hercules, he's got a warrior's spirit although he's arrogant at times, Thor isn't the model for humility either.

Protectors of the Universe: Quasar and Captain Mar-Vell, just by their designated office as Protectors of the Universe should be able to lift Mjolnir. Both are experienced fighters, honourable, answer to a cosmic being and have sacrificed themselves to save the universe.

Blackbolt: He's supposedly the "perfect" (in)human, moreso than Captain America. He's the monarch of an entire species, powerful, heroic and near flawless (according to Karnak)

Any opinions? eek!

Old Post Aug 13th, 2005 03:44 AM
K Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send K Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by K Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nataku8188
KMC Tyrant

Me. Cause I rule.

Deadpool, cause he rules, hardcore.

This forum sucks.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2005 03:47 AM
Nataku8188 is currently offline Click here to Send Nataku8188 a Private Message Find more posts by Nataku8188 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nataku8188
Me. Cause I rule.

Bastard, I was gonna say that.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2005 04:26 AM
Khellendros is currently offline Click here to Send Khellendros a Private Message Find more posts by Khellendros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

Haha, the Beta Ray Wade issue rocked. While Priest's run has been somewhat maligned, I enjoyed much of it.

Not sure about Gladiator--he just doesn't seem to have the right mojo, y'know?

I think Blackbolt could. He's very honorable, and like you mentioned, Karnak cannot find any weaknesses, physical or psychological within him.

Isaac Hayes.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2005 04:27 AM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Superman obviously...

and yes, isaac hayes... the guy just plain rules... even more than nataku... stick out tongue

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Aug 13th, 2005 04:35 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nataku8188
KMC Tyrant

No he doesn't. I rule the second hardest, only Wade Wilson rules harder.

This forum sucks.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2005 04:37 AM
Nataku8188 is currently offline Click here to Send Nataku8188 a Private Message Find more posts by Nataku8188 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Nataku8188
No he doesn't. I rule the second hardest, only Wade Wilson rules harder.

Isaac hayes disagrees...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 13th, 2005 04:42 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Captain Marvel (DC) could.

NAMOR COULD!

(No, not really)

Old Post Aug 13th, 2005 09:05 AM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

i'd say Superman couldn't.... he doesn't have the whole warrior deal going on

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Aug 13th, 2005 01:23 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

the Punisher??????

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Aug 13th, 2005 01:29 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
olympian

"I think Blackbolt could. He's very honorable, and like you mentioned, Karnak cannot find any weaknesses, physical or psychological within him."

Excelent call.

"the Punisher??????"

Everyone would fear to have such a maniac with that power. But no, not him.

"Captain Marvel (DC) could."

Yup. Like Wonder Woman.

"Hercules: He's got a warrior's spirit which Asgardians (and Odin) hold highly. Although he's a bit of a goof most times, he's still honourable and a son of Zeus"

Probably.....and goof when hes drunk eh. I should know.....

" Namor "

Probably as well. Altho hes too much of a rage person.

" Superman "

Probably. Tho he lacks the warrior code of living the above have, with the exception of Punisher.

Last edited by olympian on Aug 13th, 2005 at 02:06 PM

Old Post Aug 13th, 2005 02:03 PM
olympian is currently offline Click here to Send olympian a Private Message Find more posts by olympian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

Aunt May should lift it. Suck on that Superman!!!!!!!!

Old Post Aug 13th, 2005 05:36 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
armandovalles
Restricted

Account Restricted

These are the people who i think should be able to lift it:

Wonder Man: he sacrificed his life in his very first appearance to save the Avengers, thats gotta be worth something.

Hercules: when it comes to honor and pride, not many people match up with Thor, but Hercules does.

The Thing: he also has given his life to save his friends, specifically in the Authoritave Action story arc which proves he is worthy, plus he is a very honorably fighter, such as when he fought the Champion.

Captain Marvel (DC): very honorable, such as when Superman was possessed by Eclipso and CM couldve killed him but refused to because he said it was wrong. Also, read the end of Kingdom Come.

Captain Mar-Vell: probly the most honorably character ever in comics for many reasons which im not gonna get into for many reasons.

Gladiator: maybe he could, maybe he couldnt, that would be something i would like to see.

People who have: Beta Ray Bill, Thunderstrike, Superman, Wonder Woman, Odin. All these guys do deserve to lift it, but they already have done so in comics so i dont need to list why.

Captain America: like Captain Mar-Vell, Cap is just one of those heroes that you always have a good feeling about.

Hawkeye: sacrificed himself in Avengers Disassembled and has been very honorably throughout his entire history. Was also the founder of the reformed bad guys team, the Thunderbolts.

Atlas: has reformed his ways from being a villain and is now very honorably, willing to sacrifice himself if need be to save innocent lives.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2005 09:36 PM
armandovalles is currently offline Click here to Send armandovalles a Private Message Find more posts by armandovalles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

thats a cool list but you left out Aunt May

Old Post Aug 13th, 2005 10:08 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Armo... Captain America has lifted it ... if you're going by the crossover then Superman cannot

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Aug 13th, 2005 11:04 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Scoobless
i'd say Superman couldn't.... he doesn't have the whole warrior deal going on

But he's one of the most honourable heroes there is...

Originally posted by Scoobless
Armo... Captain America has lifted it ... if you're going by the crossover then Superman cannot

Crossovers are shit...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 14th, 2005 01:31 AM
Creshosk

Originally posted by pr1983
Crossovers are shit...
Really? That's too bad:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...ermanHammer.jpg

Last edited by Creshosk on Aug 14th, 2005 at 01:49 AM

Old Post Aug 14th, 2005 01:44 AM
Creshosk is currently offline Click here to Send Creshosk a Private Message Find more posts by Creshosk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Creshosk
Really? That's too bad:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...ermanHammer.jpg

Oh yes, that really convinces me of the validity of crossovers... just like when venom beat the shit out of superman... stick out tongue

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 14th, 2005 01:51 AM
Creshosk

Originally posted by pr1983
Oh yes, that really convinces me of the validity of crossovers... just like when venom beat the shit out of superman... stick out tongue
Not the validity, just the whole Superman holding the Mjolnir picture thing.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2005 01:58 AM
Creshosk is currently offline Click here to Send Creshosk a Private Message Find more posts by Creshosk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Creshosk
Not the validity, just the whole Superman holding the Mjolnir picture thing.

I'm honestly not that bothered whether he has or hasnt... inter company business is no good, because there's too much in fighting over certain details...

I just think if the opportunity presented itself that he would be able...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 14th, 2005 02:02 AM