KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Is Thanos ACTUALLY a "copy" of Darkseid?

Is Thanos ACTUALLY a "copy" of Darkseid?
Started by: AlbertoJohnAvil

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
AlbertoJohnAvil
Restricted

Account Restricted

Is Thanos ACTUALLY a "copy" of Darkseid?

Like, Thanos was never a Darksied copy. He was a cosmetic nod to Darksied at best, who in turn was a cosmetic nod to Controller, who, like Thanos, is intimately connected to the Iron Man title.

Also, The New God's were NOT created for DC. They were created for Marvel. Kirby was writing Thor and wanted to have Ragnarok occur. The plan was to destroy Asgard and then introduce a pantheon to replace them: the New Gods. That's WHY they are called the "New" Gods. Unfortunately, things between Marvel and Kirby went left so he brought the characters to DC:

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 25th, 2020 02:16 PM
AlbertoJohnAvil is currently offline Click here to Send AlbertoJohnAvil a Private Message Find more posts by AlbertoJohnAvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

...Okay?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Aug 25th, 2020 02:17 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Wonder Man
Yogurt fondu

Old Post Aug 25th, 2020 02:21 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Are these types of threads allowed in here now? Because this doesn't seem like a versus thread at all.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Aug 25th, 2020 02:23 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Newjak
Are these types of threads allowed in here now? Because this doesn't seem like a versus thread at all.

Oh, it's not usually, I'm just morbidly curious to see where it's going.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 25th, 2020 02:25 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeadpoolXXX

is alberto autistic?

not that i have anything against those types, but threads like this really make me wonder if we're actually dealing with a serious mental illness here.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2020 02:27 PM
DeadpoolXXX is currently offline Click here to Send DeadpoolXXX a Private Message Find more posts by DeadpoolXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by -Pr-
Oh, it's not usually, I'm just morbidly curious to see where it's going.
Lol fair enough PR.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Aug 25th, 2020 02:29 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlbertoJohnAvil
Restricted

Account Restricted

It was a genuine question basically. I was making my case as to why people would still think Thanos was a rip off Darkseid. You can lock it if you want

Old Post Aug 25th, 2020 02:32 PM
AlbertoJohnAvil is currently offline Click here to Send AlbertoJohnAvil a Private Message Find more posts by AlbertoJohnAvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by AlbertoJohnAvil
It was a genuine question basically. I was making my case as to why people would still think Thanos was a rip off Darkseid. You can lock it if you want
I mean what's there to say.

They are similar looking characters that have held similar motivations. In an industry that has always ripped off each other it wouldn't be a stretch if Thanos was a ripoff of Darkseid.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Aug 25th, 2020 02:40 PM
AlbertoJohnAvil
Restricted

Account Restricted

They are similar looking characters that have held similar motivations. In an industry that has always ripped off each other it wouldn't be a stretch if Thanos was a ripoff of Darkseid.

Well Thanos was actually created to be an homage to Metron, not Darksied. Seen here is the original drawing of Thanos. Look familiar? Even to this day, the chair is an iconic part of Thanos character, seen often in comics AND in his first appearance in the MCU (Iron Man)

So, what happened? The redesign was actually suggested to Starlin by someone else. Here in Starlins own words.

He was Referenced. Homaged. Whatever. By Metron Because realistically, Thanos as a character (origins, motivations, place in the cosmic cosmology) is really not like the New Gods at all. "Inspired by" and "copied from" are not at all the same.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2020 02:49 PM
cdtm

Isn't Thanos's motivation to get into Deaths..... robes?

Darkseid simply wants to dominate the entire universe by robbing us of free will.

I guess there's a similarity in terms of bad outcomes for residents of a universe, but still pretty diverse motives.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2020 02:54 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by cdtm

Darkseid simply wants to dominate the entire universe by robbing us of free will.

I guess there's a similarity in terms of bad outcomes for residents of a universe, but still pretty diverse motives.
Yes but they both could be argued to have an obsession with obtaining some high level aspect to the point where they've molded their lives around it.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Aug 25th, 2020 02:58 PM
Diesldude

Originally posted by DeadpoolXXX
is alberto autistic?

not that i have anything against those types, but threads like this really make me wonder if we're actually dealing with a serious mental illness here.

Seems like it, he admitted that he takes unknown variables over on panel statements because he doesn’t like the outcome or because he’s autistic.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2020 03:34 PM
Diesldude is currently offline Click here to Send Diesldude a Private Message Find more posts by Diesldude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlbertoJohnAvil
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by cdtm

getting in Deaths bony buns hasn't been his goal since ol pickle skin (Deadpool) stole her. He's more of an existentialist at this point, wandering the universe, pondering, thinking and rubbing his wrinkly chin 😂

Old Post Aug 25th, 2020 03:56 PM
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

This isn’t a vs thread, are you 12 years old?

Old Post Aug 25th, 2020 04:14 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

getting in Deaths bony buns hasn't been his goal since ol pickle skin (Deadpool) stole her. He's more of an existentialist at this point, wandering the universe, pondering, thinking and rubbing his wrinkly chin 😂
Yes but your question was is Thanos a copy of Darkeid. Which at the time creation and for a good portion of his existence getting Death has been one of his driving forces. So I would think it would still be relevant to his origin and if he is a copy of Darkseid or not.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Aug 25th, 2020 04:46 PM
Delta1938
True King of House of El

Then it should be in a different forum. You can ask the mods to move it for you. Two are right here reading it!!

Old Post Aug 25th, 2020 04:50 PM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Moved to appropriate forum.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 25th, 2020 04:54 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Seid is a copy of Psycho-Man cool

Thanos is a Seid/Metron mix.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2020 05:50 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yogurt Fondu

Old Post Aug 25th, 2020 05:55 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote