KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » Pitiful?

Pitiful?
Started by: DanieLs_4_Ever

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kelly_Bean
Warum ist die Sonne rund?

Pitiful?

There are well over a thousand students at our school and Wednesday they told us that Friday(today) they would be collecting money for the Katrina victims, etc. I dontated 10.12..all that I had and I donated the most in my class cause the rest are worthless country guys in my class..Later today they came on the intercom and said that they raised around a thousand dollars. I honestly think that's pitiful...we could've done better and I understand that some people dont have much money and im not talking about them, but since we were notified Wednesday to bring it today, those who could spare some money..could've done better. Stingy as hell, is what they are.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2005 08:33 PM
Kelly_Bean is currently offline Click here to Send Kelly_Bean a Private Message Find more posts by Kelly_Bean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

All Charities are Pitiful. Why should You Give you're hard owned Money to people you Dont Know. I would never Do that or Expect anyone to do the same to me.

Rob Owns You, Barbarossa, Tired Hiker, Fearnix, Ronny, Raven Guardia, Wolflet, DEM, spidergrl, Dr. Strangelove, eggmayo, Filth, Korri, JM, Ken Kenobi, ~Sir Mist~, Lana

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2005 08:35 PM
SlipknoT is currently offline Click here to Send SlipknoT a Private Message Find more posts by SlipknoT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Koala MeatPie
Tonk's Husband

What's Pitifull is that the U.S. is all Like "HELP ME! HELP ME! HELP ME!"

So far they Raised 7 mill... well this morning.

But When it comes to others... *Cough Haiti Cough*

U.S. : Around 50 deaths.

December 26th Tsunami: Around 2000 Deaths.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2005 08:39 PM
Koala MeatPie is currently offline Click here to Send Koala MeatPie a Private Message Find more posts by Koala MeatPie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SlipknoT
All Charities are Pitiful. Why should You Give you're hard owned Money to people you Dont Know. I would never Do that or Expect anyone to do the same to me.

um...maybe because there are STARVING and DYING people down where the disaster happened. It seems to me like you dont really care that they're dying and sick and need help.
Originally posted by Acherontia

?

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2005 09:23 PM
Kelly_Bean is currently offline Click here to Send Kelly_Bean a Private Message Find more posts by Kelly_Bean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Well, high school students don't have much money to give, I'm impressed they actually got a total of over a thousand dollars.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2005 09:24 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean

Originally posted by BackFire
Well, high school students don't have much money to give, I'm impressed they actually got a total of over a thousand dollars.

That's what my Dad said but...some of the kids aroung here do (believe me on that), they're just stingy as hell..I mean even if they pitched in a penny or two..or even a dollar we'd get more than a thousand. We've done PLENTY other fundraisers like for prom and we raise tons of money but it seems the people around here dont give a rats ass about anyone else except themselves...but maybe that's just my opinion.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2005 09:27 PM
BackFire

Well they're high school kids, you can't expect miracles.

High school kids are the epitome of greed and self centeredness, not to mention idiocy.

Last edited by BackFire on Sep 2nd, 2005 at 09:31 PM

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2005 09:28 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean

Well they're high school kids, you can't expect miracles.

High school kids are the epitome of greed and self centeredness.

True...most are..Thankfully im not...I LOVE helping people.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2005 09:31 PM
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by DanieLs_4_Ever
um...maybe because there are STARVING and DYING people down where the disaster happened. It seems to me like you dont really care that they're dying and sick and need help.

You're right I dont.

Rob Owns You, Barbarossa, Tired Hiker, Fearnix, Ronny, Raven Guardia, Wolflet, DEM, spidergrl, Dr. Strangelove, eggmayo, Filth, Korri, JM, Ken Kenobi, ~Sir Mist~, Lana

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2005 09:32 PM
SlipknoT is currently offline Click here to Send SlipknoT a Private Message Find more posts by SlipknoT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Originally posted by DanieLs_4_Ever
True...most are..Thankfully im not...I LOVE helping people.

Well then you shouldn't worry about what other people give, it's their decision whether or not to give money to charity, just be satisfied that you yourself gave what money you could.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2005 09:32 PM
JesuseyGoodness
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Acherontia

There's a lot more than fifty.

The Trio of Fire lives!!!!! However the flame may filcker, it's light will guide the world!

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2005 09:33 PM
JesuseyGoodness is currently offline Click here to Send JesuseyGoodness a Private Message Find more posts by JesuseyGoodness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean

You're right I dont.

Why does that not surprise me.
Well then you shouldn't worry about what other people give, it's their decision whether or not to give money to charity, just be satisfied that you yourself gave what money you could.

erm Well...yeah but..idk

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2005 09:34 PM
Soren the Mage
Restricted

Account Restricted

You're right I dont.

You're still in school.

An Ancient Prophecy . . . The deity shall walk forth . . .

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2005 09:36 PM
Soren the Mage is currently offline Click here to Send Soren the Mage a Private Message Find more posts by Soren the Mage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Sorgo
You're still in school.
Your point?

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2005 09:38 PM
Soren the Mage
Restricted

Account Restricted

Your point?

You're selfish. You don't give damn what has happened to anyone else, but if it ever happened to you and your precious family, you'd be crying like a schoolgirl with a scrapped knee.

An Ancient Prophecy . . . The deity shall walk forth . . .

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2005 09:39 PM
Soren the Mage is currently offline Click here to Send Soren the Mage a Private Message Find more posts by Soren the Mage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

You're selfish. You don't give damn what has happened to anyone else, but if it ever happened to you and your precious family, you'd be crying like a schoolgirl with a scrapped knee.

Thus proving my point about selfish high school kids.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2005 09:40 PM
Kelly_Bean

Thus proving my point about selfish high school kids.

*Bites Knuckle* smile

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2005 09:41 PM
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

You're right. Though I doubt I'd be crying like a school girl.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2005 09:56 PM
EsteemedLeader
Restricted

Account Restricted

What do they need money for? Everyone that's left can live with their relatives until they get a new house. Everyone that stayed is either dead, and thus doesn't need money, or survived and should die for staying in a giant bowl, between two rivers, in the rain. And, I'm assuming these people should have their own money. If you say a high school student has enough money to give, shouldn't a person with a job? They should have at least SOME money, right? And if not, they can get it from said relatives. "What if they have no money or relatives?", you're thinking. Well who's fault is that? And people die everyday. Instead of blowing all the money to recreate an overpopulated city in the middle of a freaking deathtrap, why don't you donate your money to prevent or eliminate future catastrophies? There are far better causes, like little starving orphans that have never had a home to lose. Stingy? Hardly...

Bow before your new ruler...

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2005 11:06 PM
EsteemedLeader is currently offline Click here to Send EsteemedLeader a Private Message Find more posts by EsteemedLeader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean

You're right. Though I doubt I'd be crying like a school girl.

Harsh man, harsh.
Originally posted by EsteemedLeader
What do they need money for? Everyone that's left can live with their relatives until they get a new house. Everyone that stayed is either dead, and thus doesn't need money, or survived and should die for staying in a giant bowl, between two rivers, in the rain. And, I'm assuming these people should have their own money. If you say a high school student has enough money to give, shouldn't a person with a job? They should have at least SOME money, right? And if not, they can get it from said relatives. "What if they have no money or relatives?", you're thinking. Well who's fault is that? And people die everyday. Instead of blowing all the money to recreate an overpopulated city in the middle of a freaking deathtrap, why don't you donate your money to prevent or eliminate future catastrophies? There are far better causes, like little starving orphans that have never had a home to lose. Stingy? Hardly...

Okay um....why cant they stay with relatives? Maybe because THEIR RELATIVES ARE PROBABLY DEAD OR HOMELESS AS WELL, if they're anywhere in the area. They may have some relatives that have a home away from the area but how the hell are they going to get there? Walk? Hey man I dont know what your problem is but my money is goin to a good cause. It's saving people that need help more than anything. That money I donated and the box of stuff im giving to them on Wednesday to ship to Mississippi isnt going to the dump...this small amount of stuff may be saving a LIFE.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2005 05:15 AM