KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Terminator Movies » the terminator storyline.. A RIP OFF? I DONT THINK SO

the terminator storyline.. A RIP OFF? I DONT THINK SO
Started by: alic88

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
alic88
Barzakh

the terminator storyline.. A RIP OFF? I DONT THINK SO

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f42/t342111.html

i was just browsing the matrix forums and saw this. i cant believe that this woman has recieved so much money for a plain lie. just look into this 1 will ya

first of all she says she gave her EPIC to networks or something in mid 1983. well HELLO? terminator was all made by 1984 so i can guess that the work started in 1983. i find it REALLY REALLY REALLY HARD TO BELIEVE THAT JAMES CAMERON WOULD RIP OFF FROM SOME1 BECAUSE I WANT THESE REPORTS TO BE DENIED FLAT OUT.

i couldnt care less about those wachenski siblings, i donno maybe they did rip it off from THE THIRD EYE but i wanna clear james cameron out of all of this. i certainly believe that james cameron didnt have anything to do with this.
in the special edition of the first terminator movie james explained how he though of the idea of a terminator movie. he had visions of this endo skeleton constantly haunting him, and then he made a storyline on his own which is fair to say was not the most difficult storyline to come up with..

what are your suggestions on this?

Old Post Jul 11th, 2005 09:40 AM
alic88 is currently offline Click here to Send alic88 a Private Message Find more posts by alic88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alic88
Barzakh

Old Post Jul 11th, 2005 09:43 AM
alic88 is currently offline Click here to Send alic88 a Private Message Find more posts by alic88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alic88
Barzakh

http://www.playahata.com/pages/inte...astewartpt1.htm

here is her interview.. i must say i find the I'LL BE BACK part interesting. but why has this not be noticed before if it were such a big thing... i still dont believe this crap

Old Post Jul 11th, 2005 09:55 AM
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

Yep i'm with ya Alic, those reports are absolute bullocks. Cameron's ideas had to be original, if anything, I'd the the matrix ripped their ideas off the Terminator series !!

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...&forumid=55

Old Post Jul 12th, 2005 01:59 AM
vvvrulz is currently offline Click here to Send vvvrulz a Private Message Find more posts by vvvrulz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
b-dan
Son of Sparda

they didnt rip it off

Old Post Jul 12th, 2005 05:19 PM
b-dan is currently offline Click here to Send b-dan a Private Message Find more posts by b-dan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chriscaffee

Yeah Cameron's idea came from a dream he had of the endoskeleton rising from the ashes and then he had an image of this mangled robot chasing a girl with a knife. He made paintings of both images and then came up with the plot. Even if the plot was "inspired" by this woman, the Terminator does not belong to her, unless she appeared in his dream and told him about it. Some people...

Old Post Jul 12th, 2005 08:30 PM
chriscaffee is currently offline Click here to Send chriscaffee a Private Message Find more posts by chriscaffee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evanescence
Bring Me To Life

the woman needs to get a life

Join my Terminator site if you want!

Old Post Jul 13th, 2005 02:42 AM
Evanescence is currently offline Click here to Send Evanescence a Private Message Find more posts by Evanescence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alic88
Barzakh

well apparently rumours have been spread that she got 2 billion out of all this. which is bogus i guess.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2005 09:14 PM
Konjammenson

Gay

Old Post Jul 15th, 2005 07:49 AM
Konjammenson is currently offline Click here to Send Konjammenson a Private Message Find more posts by Konjammenson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ones
Death Eater

its because shes a unemployed black woman that needs some quick rich schemes. so she made the story from both and dated it "1980" though i do find it kind of suspicious that the wachowskis are "camera shy" and "dont do interviews"

Harry Potter and the Triwizard Cup Spider-man 3

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 09:17 PM
The Ones is currently offline Click here to Send The Ones a Private Message Find more posts by The Ones Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
barand1

Well this woman is totally a hard core matirx fan! Anyway did any body also hear that some person(s) are also sueing people behind the Terminator films (producers or someone(s)) for using their idea of a liquid robot. i read this somewhere and it said that Cameron stole the idea from these people to use in T2. Now surely Cameron didn't steal these people's ideas? Looks to me that T3 is the only real 'original' idea. But I'm not saying these claims are real, but those matrix fans can be a right group of...........

Anyway I'm back, and it's been a long time since I posted anything, so for those who missed me, I said I would be back!

(Sorry for the Terminator tie ins in the paragraph above)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/trailermaker/view/7frbbc

Old Post Aug 26th, 2005 11:19 PM
barand1 is currently offline Click here to Send barand1 a Private Message Find more posts by barand1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xforce

Of course some parts of the background story were ripped by Cameron (from Asimov e.g.), but that's ok, 'cause you can't make a robot movie without using Asimov's ideas.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2005 10:40 AM
xforce is currently offline Click here to Send xforce a Private Message Find more posts by xforce Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote