KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Creata a Comic Book Video Game

Creata a Comic Book Video Game
Started by: JakeTheBank

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Creata a Comic Book Video Game

You've been charged with overseeing the production, writing, and general overview with the creation of a new video game licensed by any comic book property you wish. What kind of game would you see made?

Old Post Mar 18th, 2012 09:00 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

My initial pick would be a Daredevil game, similar in tone to the Arkham line of Batman games, but with more emphasize on free roaming traveling and hand to hand combat. The storyline would be pretty straightforward and nothing too crazy to wrap your head around: Kingpin's making a vie to remove Daredevil permanently, New York City is the battleground for an all out gang war, and the Hand is watching from the shadows. It would involve most of the characters from the DD mythos including Foggy, Elektra, Bullseye, Kingpin, Mr. Fear, The Owl, Hand Ninjas, etc. Cameos would include Punisher, Luke Cage, possibly Spider-Man (wouldn't want to overshadow the main character, though) and others.

One of the hooks would be that as Daredevil, you'll be faced with morality choices in the vein of several RPGs, allowing you to play as the DD you want. You could be the classic swashbuckling Daredevil, ready with a witty retort and charm, or you could be the brooding and tortured dark interpretation of the character. You'd also periodically revert back and forth from Daredevil to Matt Murdock, going through various cases and trials in an attempt to fight crime within the system as well as outside of it.

Radar sense would naturally be a huge aspect of the game, as would enhanced sense of touch and smell. Combat would be an amalgamation between the Spider-Man games and Batman's, really very real and visceral (down right brutal at times) but with grace and fluidity to match Matt's unique style of fighting. The billy clubs would also be worked in there, too.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2012 09:14 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Did you play the Nightwing DLC of Arkham City?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Mar 18th, 2012 09:19 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

I did, yes.

To me, Daredevil would fight a lot like that, but also with a emphasis on boxing, nerve strikes, and down right ugly beatdowns.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2012 09:20 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
I did, yes.

To me, Daredevil would fight a lot like that, but also with a emphasis on boxing, nerve strikes, and down right ugly beatdowns.

Ah. Sounds good; maybe with Sega out of the picture we'll start getting decent Marvel games again.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Mar 18th, 2012 09:24 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

I hope so.

The non-movie licensed Spider-Man games have been pretty decent, albeit short.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2012 09:25 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I hope so.

The non-movie licensed Spider-Man games have been pretty decent, albeit short.

I haven't had a chance to try them.

Though I hope DC's next offering is better than the Green Lantern game. Kind of sucks when the mmo version of the powerset is more expansive than the one in the actual licensed game.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Mar 18th, 2012 09:33 PM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Yeah, that's a damn shame.

I heard we're supposed to be getting a Suicide Squad game according to Geoff Johns.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2012 09:35 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Yeah, that's a damn shame.

I heard we're supposed to be getting a Suicide Squad game according to Geoff Johns.

Really? Might be interesting.

I just hope we get a good Superman game; a movie coming out next year makes it a prime candidate imo.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Mar 18th, 2012 09:42 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Think the free roam, fully destructible environment of Hulk: Ultimate Destruction, then add an entire universe worth of playable characters. They would be roughly at the correct power levels to their comic counterparts, but adjusted slightly to create 3 basic tiers of combatants to fight with.

Basically it would be Marvel or DC Smash Bros. in giant cities, with dozens of characters and a mix of single or multiplayer options. The campaign would have 2-3 missions as each character, then some where you choose a team. The multiplayer would mostly just be battle royales but would also have hero/villain-style team modes where there are objectives to complete.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2012 01:48 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

^ I like it

Old Post Mar 19th, 2012 05:31 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

That daredevil idea is really badass too. Like arkham city with more physicality.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2012 05:35 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

The Batman games are good, so that DD idea is cool, though not a huge design stretch, since it's essentially a heavy mod to an existing game.

Originally posted by JayDaDon
^ I like it

Thanks. I consider it almost criminal that we don't have that game yet, or something like it. People would devour it. It would be like one of the superhero MMO's, but without all the clunky RPG elements and MMO fighting.

I mean, who among us doesn't nerdgasm at the thought of playing, say, Magneto against the Hulk in New York City with a fully recreated city that is entirely destructible?

Old Post Mar 19th, 2012 05:42 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

My initial pick would be a Daredevil game, similar in tone to the Arkham line of Batman games, but with more emphasize on free roaming traveling and hand to hand combat. The storyline would be pretty straightforward and nothing too crazy to wrap your head around: Kingpin's making a vie to remove Daredevil permanently, New York City is the battleground for an all out gang war, and the Hand is watching from the shadows. It would involve most of the characters from the DD mythos including Foggy, Elektra, Bullseye, Kingpin, Mr. Fear, The Owl, Hand Ninjas, etc. Cameos would include Punisher, Luke Cage, possibly Spider-Man (wouldn't want to overshadow the main character, though) and others.

One of the hooks would be that as Daredevil, you'll be faced with morality choices in the vein of several RPGs, allowing you to play as the DD you want. You could be the classic swashbuckling Daredevil, ready with a witty retort and charm, or you could be the brooding and tortured dark interpretation of the character. You'd also periodically revert back and forth from Daredevil to Matt Murdock, going through various cases and trials in an attempt to fight crime within the system as well as outside of it.

Radar sense would naturally be a huge aspect of the game, as would enhanced sense of touch and smell. Combat would be an amalgamation between the Spider-Man games and Batman's, really very real and visceral (down right brutal at times) but with grace and fluidity to match Matt's unique style of fighting. The billy clubs would also be worked in there, too.
I love this. You wouldn't have the gadgets of the Batman games, but you could put more emphasis on athletic and acrobatic challenges to traverse specific scenarios, as well as radar sense and various super-senses both within and outside combat.

Elektra should have a cameo. Yes.

I'd love to play a game centered on Deathstroke where you're hired to take out a series of high profile villains, as well as carry out your own personal vendettas. You could traverse a number of environments in the DCU in your travels, and run up against other assassins (compete with Deadshot for a bounty, etc.)

Mostly I'd like to make a game based off of a character that floats easily between titles like Deathstroke does, as a gateway to introduce so much of the DC universe.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2012 06:58 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
0mega Spawn
TheWarmestSun

a mix of GTA & Arkham City to create... a Blade video game. cool

My Reality Is Your Imagination.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2012 10:06 PM
0mega Spawn is currently offline Click here to Send 0mega Spawn a Private Message Find more posts by 0mega Spawn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
basilisk

I'd do one based on Thanos in Spidey Super-Stories. It would be an open world game set in NY, along the lines of GTA, Saints Row etc. Thanos has to commit crimes, pimp out his hideout, and avoid his enemies the gangs and the especially the NYPD (who will arrest him and take him to jail if he is caught). If he gets enough cash he gets the Thanos-Copter and can fly around New York.

Somewhere in the city there is a cosmic cube, and if you reach the level where you get it, it grants you all sort of godlike powers to alter reality, blow the crap out of the city, total cheat mode etc.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2012 03:05 PM
basilisk is currently offline Click here to Send basilisk a Private Message Find more posts by basilisk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

You had me at "Thanos-Copter".

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2012 07:27 PM
Stoic
Avenger

"Lobo Bounty and Blood"

The game would generally make use of the engine that Arkham City uses, but I would incorporate a solid wrestling engine as well, that would by embedded within the parent engine for an even more brutal feel while in combat. The map would resemble a number of worlds in several universes that you could travel to. Although in the beginning you will only have access to the Milky Way galaxy until you find a means to invent or buy equipment to create worm holes to get to far reaching universes or sectors. This approach will show off Lobo's ingenuity so that the game will be more than your average hack and slash/DBZ beat em up. Lobo's bike will be his means of transportation, so improving the bikes engine capabilities will be key to the technology that he uses to leap around the multiverse in search of bounties.

Bounties will have bigger pay offs as the difficulty of capturing the mark goes up. Technology will play a huge part in this game, after all the parts that he uses to make guns, strengthen his chains, invent different types of grenades, and improve his bikes performance will cost him. Obviously parts in the milky way will typically be less advanced in terms of technology, and as he visits alien worlds the technology will increase. Lobo will be able to get missions from job boards or the client themselves, and occasionally he will be set up by the client, and anyone who is familiar with the character knows that with Lobo, a deal is a deal which means... You guessed it someone is going to get fragged for welching.

I would go about designing Lobo as he was initially portrayed in comics. he would be roughly 6'1" and weighing about 230 LBS, with enormous physical strength, and a healing factor instead of the 7'4" 390 LBS+ monstrosity that many writers have adopted these days.

Let's talk about Sex, Drugs, and Heavy Metal
There will be sex in this game, and lots of it, of course not to the point that it would be flagged as an AO (Adults Only Game) but more in the fashion of Fable/God of War. However PC users will be able to download mods, that would enable them to see more skin. Heavy Metal would be the music, alchohol, and drug use would also be present in the game.

Last edited by Stoic on Mar 28th, 2012 at 01:08 AM

Old Post Mar 28th, 2012 01:06 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
0mega Spawn
TheWarmestSun

a mixture of assassins creed, GTA,& Prototype.
for a Blade video game.

I want there to be a feeling of being superhuman as you run through the city like prototype minus running up walls.
GTA interaction with civilians,Guns, & vehicles.
assassins creeds fighting controls, weapons, & parkour.
and city encounters such as stopping vampire from attacking someone. ETC
Day & Night changes
waiting until night to raid vampire night clubs
raiding human farm warehouses in the day

:errm: all i can think of now

My Reality Is Your Imagination.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2012 02:17 AM
0mega Spawn is currently offline Click here to Send 0mega Spawn a Private Message Find more posts by 0mega Spawn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

I particularly like the Deathstroke game idea. I heard someone throw out a Wonder Woman story that takes inspiration from God of War. Both would be pretty sweet, IMO. thumb up

I wrote this out a long time ago and then I realized what my story sounded like (or heavily borrowed from). I still think it would be a fun game though, once the obvious copying was tweaked.

Green Lantern

It would be an action-RPG style game. I have this story-idea where all the Green Lanterns and Guardians have been captured and OA has been taken over. The last fighting GL, Hal Jordan, asks his ring to scan the known universe to find people who can overcome great fear and are worthy of being a Green Lantern. Low on energy and realizing he is about to be captured, he has his ring create a duplicate ring and sends the ring to Earth - resting his faith that someone in humanity will rise up to the challenge and save them all.

This is where you, the player, comes in. You are from Earth and can customize your player however you want - although there is a default for both male or female. You can choose your game play role - meaning the powers you develop will follow a power tree focusing on whichever role you choose. The powers would exhibit themselves almost like the Force in Star Wars or Biotics in Mass Effect but with the awesome green special effects unique to GL's.

The ring finds you and immediately initiates you into the Green Lantern Corps. You have no idea what is going on, but a Sinestro corp member has followed the ring on it's course to Earth and finds you. You beat the yellow lantern by sheer luck (and help from Saint-Walker) and learn more about the GL's through the ring's tutorial (which can also provide tons of additional back-story into the DC universe, the aliens from different planets, etc). Saint-Walker is the first individual you meet, as you are the last Green Lantern signal he has been able to detect. Noting your complete inexperience he helps you beat the Yellow Lantern and helps you ease into the role of Green Lantern.

From here you can go on side missions that the ring gives you (basically beating up criminals on Earth and other planets) or going through the main mission which takes you into space - finding other Green Lantern candidates (made especially for the game - all with different backstories) on other planets and deputizing them. .

While the typical squad finding mission would include finding one candidate, going through a mission with them, and convincing them to become a Green Lantern, you may be faced with the decision of having two candidates and only being able to pick one as a Green Lantern. The choices you make in the game and in dialogue can effect the outcome of the game.

After you have gotten Green Lanterns to be part of your squad, they may ask you to do a personal mission for them. If you do these missions their willpower increases and their loyalty to the Green Lantern corp is established. If you do not do these missions, during the final mission they may either die or be tempted to give into one of the other rings/emotions (say there was a sequel where if you didn't increase a team-mates willpower they turn into an angry red lantern always hunting you down).

While you go on these missions you will often encounter petty criminals from their respective planets, some Sinestro Corp members, Manhunters, Red Lantern members, a gang of merchants that answer to Agent Orange, and other mysterious villains (some established minor villains, others created for the game). Imagine going to worlds out in space - negotiating with or fighting Darksied in Apocalypse, seeing other space heroes, etc.

Once you've found all the Green Lantern candidates, run all the side missions, fully leveled up your willpower, and possibly romanced one of your squad mates, you can go to OA to find that Sinestro (and his corps) have taken over the Manhunters and supplied them with yellow rings. This force is here to study the green lantern rings, their entity, and eventually eliminate them so that they can create order in ways that Sinestro believes the Green Lantern corps never could. However, after defeating Sinestro and releasing the other Green Lanterns, you (and Sinestro) come to find that the Manhunters are actually under the authority of the Anti-Monitor who is coming to destroy the universe (setting up a sequel) but needs more power to fully cross from the Anti-Matter dimension into this one.

With the immediate crisis averted, you and your squad would be greeted as heroes and awarded honors/rank.

The sequel would deal with the war of lights (Red, Yellow, Blue, and Orange have already been introduced, but including Star Sapphire and Indigo) because the Man-hunters are stealing all the entities to power the coming of the Anti-Monitor (and everyone is blaming the others). Your actions in the first game would effect the outcome of this game (who lives, who dies, who you romanced and turned into a Star Sapphire, etc). New squad-mates, teaming up with Kilowog/Hal/Kyle/Guy or any other of the more famous GL's.

The third would deal with the coming of the Anti-Monitor, Manhunters, and Weaponers of Qward.

Overall, I see this as a grand space opera. I'd want fully fleshed out characters, game mechanics that make you feel like a real Green Lantern, and the ability to immerse yourself into the game by creating your own character.

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Last edited by Blair Wind on Mar 28th, 2012 at 02:41 AM

Old Post Mar 28th, 2012 02:29 AM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote