KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Terminator Movies » So Confused..Someone smart plz help

So Confused..Someone smart plz help
Started by: Homemaker 101

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Homemaker 101

Smile So Confused..Someone smart plz help

OK first off I am new to this forum. I found it after googling a topic about the Terminator movies. I read all the posts and wanted to join. I have a stupid question, and as I am a middle aged house wife, can someone plz answer in laymans language, as you all seem quite smart on here but I need to be told the answer like I am a 6 year old. I love the Terminator movies and could watch them over and over a zillion times. BUT...how in the world is KYLE REESE the father of JON CONNOR? For the life of me I cannot wrap my pitiful brain around it. Sarah asked Reese of he seen this war when she did her first field dressing. He answers NO..he grew up after it. AND how is he her baby's daddy, if ...IF he dies when he gets sent back in time? HOW could he even have been in the future if he died in the past?
HOW??? Gawd... someone plz tell me so an old lady can sleep at night! It has been on my mind for years now. thanks in advance.

Old Post May 27th, 2007 04:53 PM
Homemaker 101 is currently offline Click here to Send Homemaker 101 a Private Message Find more posts by Homemaker 101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
U Neek
Mr

I think it's something like a perpetual loop that takes place. I know there needs to be a beginning to the loop but we don't get to see it because we're looking at the events of Terminator from the angle that the war has taken place.

Nowadays though if a movie was to contain such an aspect as the one you're trying to understand it would probably be considered a plot hole. Best to take the Terminator movies at face value and enjoy them rather than trying to understand the complex timeline...

-U

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2007 12:40 PM
U Neek is currently offline Click here to Send U Neek a Private Message Find more posts by U Neek Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fuzzyballz

Re: So Confused..Someone smart plz help

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Homemaker 101
OK first off I am new to this forum. I found it after googling a topic about the Terminator movies. I read all the posts and wanted to join. I have a stupid question, and as I am a middle aged house wife, can someone plz answer in laymans language, as you all seem quite smart on here but I need to be told the answer like I am a 6 year old. I love the Terminator movies and could watch them over and over a zillion times. BUT...how in the world is KYLE REESE the father of JON CONNOR? For the life of me I cannot wrap my pitiful brain around it. Sarah asked Reese of he seen this war when she did her first field dressing. He answers NO..he grew up after it. AND how is he her baby's daddy, if ...IF he dies when he gets sent back in time? HOW could he even have been in the future if he died in the past?
HOW??? Gawd... someone plz tell me so an old lady can sleep at night! It has been on my mind for years now. thanks in advance.

see whats it is....Connor sent Reese to the past to watch his mom but fell in love with her and in turn had john...but Reese dies sad but that doesint change anything because Reese still wasint born in present day...so in other words there are two Reese on that came back to watch Sarah and one that was not born yet.. so in the future john will then send Reese back and do this again over and over again. a never ending loop.... I am sorry if that made no sense to you but hey i tried
big grin

Old Post Jun 18th, 2007 06:59 AM
fuzzyballz is currently offline Click here to Send fuzzyballz a Private Message Find more posts by fuzzyballz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Anne Reese

I understand you. I think in the original time with no skynet and war Sarah would have married and have kids. Kyle would have done the same. The´re many years of difference that separates them. Sarah Connor is at least 35-40 years old when Kyle Reese is born. And if there is a war but if Skynet doesn´t sent back in time a machine to kill Sarah Connor then no Kyle Reese would be sent back in time to protect her and then no John Connor. If there is a John Connor son of Sarah Connor and another man and not of Kyle this John Connor would never send a human to do the nasty job of beating a machine he would sent a machine. If this John Connor send a human and this human have sex with his mom and no his "real father" this John Connor committed suicide, he could dissappear because is not the same DNA. Sarah needs Kyle to have the John Connor leader of the resistance. John always knows Kyle is his father he will always be...if he was not why send him and not a machine as he does...

Old Post Jul 11th, 2009 06:36 AM
Anne Reese is currently offline Click here to Send Anne Reese a Private Message Find more posts by Anne Reese Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

OK, you're off track.

First Reese was born in the future. Then in 2029 he got sent back in time, where he impregnated Sarah Conner. Sarah gave birth to John and John sent Kyle back.

It's the grandfather paradox. Goes back in time, reproduces, then goes back to the future or dies.

Technivally the future should change, but the paradox is, that that change is what caused him to go back in time in the first place. Folow?

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Jul 12th, 2009 10:59 AM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote