KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Khellendros vs. Newjak

Khellendros vs. Newjak
Started by: DigiMark007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Digi
Forum Leader

Khellendros vs. Newjak

Battle Location: The Playboy Mansion. Newjak starts on the front porch. Khell starts in the backyard in the infamous "grove." The entire grounds, including inside the mansion, are fair game. Hot comic book babes watch in suspense from the edges of the battlefield. As a stipulation for the match, the winner gets to "celebrate" with a comic book girl of their choice (their amalgam, not khell and newjak). Before the fights closes (next week) both participants must choose which girl they will celebrate with and if possible post a pic.

...this is fun... stick out tongue

Khellendros -
Name: Grailnighter
The Midnighter (body) - http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/m/midnghtr.htm
Blink - http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/chara...sp?fldAuto=1497
Grail - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grail_%28comics%29
Equipment: Collapsible staff, 12 shurikens, 12 mini-javelins
Character Notes: Blink - Blink can teleport herself, but cannot teleport another person (parts or whole). She can, however, teleport objects hurled at her if she has the skill to pick them off in the air before they hit her. Her projectiles can significantly damage a person, with the molecular displacement affect acting as a moderate concussive force. 4-5 such projectiles can impact with the force of a standard grenade (enough to blow up or at least significantly damage, say, a car). Individual projectiles will cause damage to any substance (even the uber-tough stuff) but denser materials (diamond, adamantium, etc.) will be damaged but remain essentially intact unless totally bombarded with projectiles (i.e. highly unlikely). MN'er staff, while not indestructible, has crushed a regular form of steel with relative ease. It will be considered tobe an extremely dense form of metal...close but slightly lower than adamantium.

Newjak -
Name: Mauler
Deathstroke (body) - http://www.angelfire.com/ar/hellUSA...terminator.html
Scorpion - http://www.spiderfan.org/characters/scorpion.html
Elder Predator - http://members.iinet.net.au/~jahern...unted/index.php
Equipment: DS's sword and staff, Scorpion's suit, Medium predator armor, Wristblades, Glaive (Double bladed staff), Shoulder cannon, Burner pistol (Pretty much the shoulder cannon in your hand, on medium charge), Grenades (2 explosive, 1 flash, 1 smoke), net launcher
Character Notes: N/A

Last edited by Digi on Oct 2nd, 2005 at 08:05 PM

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2005 08:02 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

Re: Khellendros vs. Newjak

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DigiMark007
As a stipulation for the match, the winner gets to "celebrate" with a comic book girl of their choice (their amalgam, not khell and newjak).

Dude. sad Just had to pick a gay guy.

EDIT: Also, I have no clue about the layout for the Playboy mansion... time to go think about a strategy.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2005 08:03 PM
Khellendros is currently offline Click here to Send Khellendros a Private Message Find more posts by Khellendros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Re: Khellendros vs. Newjak

As a stipulation for the match, the winner gets to "celebrate" with a comic book girl of their choice (their amalgam, not khell and newjak). Before the fights closes (next week) both participants must choose which girl they will celebrate with and if possible post a pic.

Hmmm...since Mn'er in the fight, Khell can pick a guy if he really wants.

{Edit} Haha...I see Khell was thinking the same thing. laughing out loud

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2005 08:07 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

Re: Re: Khellendros vs. Newjak

Hmmm...since Mn'er in the fight, Khell can pick a guy if he really wants.

laughing laughing laughing laughing
Gee, thanks.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2005 08:09 PM
Khellendros is currently offline Click here to Send Khellendros a Private Message Find more posts by Khellendros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

Okay, well, during the last few seconds of prep I put up a shield around myself, then teleport to the roof of the mansion. Since Midnighter's scanners can act as a sniper scope, I just wait until Mauler moves into view and blast him with a tightly focused blast of Chi. If he manages to dodge, I simply teleport to a different location where I can still see Mauler and blast him again. Since my blasts can shatter solid stone and armor plating, and burn flesh on contact, it will only take one good hit to end this match.

If, by some miracle, you manage to take a shot at me, I have the combined reaction times of Midnighter and Blink, who the evil Hyperion admitted matched him in combat speed. Its a simple matter to open one of those little portals and redirect anything you fire at me back at you.

Last edited by Khellendros on Oct 2nd, 2005 at 08:34 PM

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2005 08:31 PM
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

Stupid editing time limit. Anyways, here's the character write-up I posted in the other thread.

quote:
Midnighter:
Mind, abilities, skills, body (with all its enhancements), weapons.

Blink:
Powers/abilities (including agility), skills/memories of effective use of her powers, javelins.

Grail:
Symbiote, powers(chi), skills/memories.

Codename: Grailnighter

--Abilities:
Grailnighter has been called the embodiment of melee/close quarters combat. He is a highly trained martial arts expert who has had the opportunity to put his years of training into real life practice fighting alongside Sabretooth and in Wetworks. Along with martial arts and extensive weapons training training, Joel is experienced in infiltration and sabotage as a former member of a black ops team of super beings. To maintain his deadly edge, he dedicates himself to his training in the hopes of elevating his physical performance beyond its current limits. The methodologies Joel has put to use range from the most basic tenets of the Zen monk to radical procedures- including electrical muscle stimulation.

--Powers:
Joel is a mutant artificial enhancile. He's tough and very fast, with carbons reinforcing his muscles and bones. He has also had memory induction and neural implantation along with sophisticated scanning technology; in his head, a fight can be run from a million different angles before one punch is thrown. He has demonstrated that he can move in short bursts of speed, faster then the eyes can see. It's also known that he can go at least four months without eating and still survive as well as exist in an anaerobic environment.

Like all members of Wetworks, Grailnighter is bonded to a symbiote which normally hides inside him, but can flow out to coat his skin with a golden (or, in his case, pale blue) armour. As well as increasing his durability considerably, this enhances his strength and reflexes. He also has a telepathic link with the other symbiote wearers, the rest of Wetworks.

Grailnighter was a martial arts expert, whose "chi" was enhanced by his symbiote - after a while his Gold began to glow with a blue-white light, called a Chi-State, which enhanced his durability even further, allowed him to charge hand-to-hand weapons with chi, fire destructive chi blasts, burn organic matter on contact with his energy, create forcefields that protect him from all directions, create containment fields around others, and create various energy containment and jamming fields. In addition to enhancing strength and invulnerability, the symbiotes will take active steps to prevent injury to their wearer, including darkening or closing off the eyes and ears, forming hard airtight carapace for space survival, and even thickening itself in places where more protection is needed.

Joel is a mutant able to create teleportation warps. He can use these warps on himself or other objects. He will sometimes imbue small javelins with his teleportation powers and throw them at his targets, disrupting them on a molecular level.

Strength-wise, without the symbiote, Joel's strength is rated at the 3 ton level. The other humans in Wetworks, when bonding with symbiotes, experienced a strength increase of approximately 20 times. Meaning that a human with a lifting strength of 500 pounds (the original Grail) would be able to lift up to five tons. Joel, experiencing this same proportionate increase, is rated at the 60 ton level.

Though his running speed is impressive, what really makes Grailnighter deadly is his reaction speed. Before the neural induction, Joel was fast enough that Hyperion admitted he matched him in that one area, though he (Joel) was outclassed in all others. With the enhancements, Grailnighter is able to dodge laser blasts at point blank range from expert marksman, dodge attacks from multiple directions, and even outmaneuver legitimate speedsters.

--Weapons:
In adition to a collapsible staff and a pair of Escrima sticks, Grailnighter also carries a supply of his serrated razorwheels and a quiver of javelins.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2005 08:48 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Khellendros
Its a simple matter to open one of those little portals and redirect anything you fire at me back at you.

I was under the impression that Blink needed to hit things with her teleport-y javelins and whatnot for the teleportation to happen. I didn't think she could just open portals at will wherever she wanted. Now, with MN'ers skill, it's certainly within the realm of possibility for you to do just that, but it wouldn't be as easy as blinking (pun intended).

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2005 03:57 PM
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

I was under the impression that Blink needed to hit things with her teleport-y javelins and whatnot for the teleportation to happen. I didn't think she could just open portals at will wherever she wanted. Now, with MN'ers skill, it's certainly within the realm of possibility for you to do just that, but it wouldn't be as easy as blinking (pun intended).

Actually, it is that easy. She did it to Hyperion's version of heat vision with no struggle.

EDIT: Blink does still need to focus the power through a javelin to redirect something, but she can just hold it in her hand. I can do the same, just fight with a javelin near my hand at all times.

Last edited by Khellendros on Oct 3rd, 2005 at 04:07 PM

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2005 04:02 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

So as long as you touch it? Ok, that seems acceptable, since it will still require skill to touch objects or energy being hurled at you. It's a nice tactic, but as long as it isn't assured that it will always happen, and there's at least some chance for failure.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2005 04:10 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Okay, well, during the last few seconds of prep I put up a shield around myself, then teleport to the roof of the mansion. Since Midnighter's scanners can act as a sniper scope, I just wait until Mauler moves into view and blast him with a tightly focused blast of Chi. If he manages to dodge, I simply teleport to a different location where I can still see Mauler and blast him again. Since my blasts can shatter solid stone and armor plating, and burn flesh on contact, it will only take one good hit to end this match.

If, by some miracle, you manage to take a shot at me, I have the combined reaction times of Midnighter and Blink, who the evil Hyperion admitted matched him in combat speed. Its a simple matter to open one of those little portals and redirect anything you fire at me back at you.
Thats what you think my friend I have an Elder Pred in my guy that means let me tell You have roughly a thousand years of exprience in combat and hunting along with Deathstroke's combat abilities and stealth. Plus I have the Pred Helmet which allows me to hear whispers at 500 feet away and see you anywhere no way your getting the drop on me that easily plus it isn't like I will be wandering the house without a clue as to where you are I will probably find you about the same time you find me.
Now I am probably at leat twice what Spiderman is since I am roughly twice what Scorpion is as stated by Digi I think I am alot tougher than Spidey right now but Digi makes the rules.
Anyway that means I have double Spidey agility and DS reaction time the same reaction time that allowed him to stab Flash so I could easily dodge any spear you throw at me. Plus I I don't even have to throw a weapon I just look and shoot from my shoulder cannon or staff or hand gun or all three at the same time. Once you teleport I can detect the sound of teleportation so I would know where you come and attack there.
So long range isn't where you want to be because I can dodge and shoot three times the fire power you can muster. I could also sit there and dodge any of your weapons at will pretty much if I wanted to and you have limited numbers so I can keep it ranged your gonna have to go melle eventually. While I can keep it long range so I already have an advantage. Also just to let you know I can dodge as many as I want because no matter what even if you throw them all at once I can blast them out of the sky with my shoulder cannon while dodging and even if you get lucky that I miss one I can't dodge one highly unlikely I can simply roll into with my armor which is Uber Metal type which can take the hit and only cause minor pain to me which is nothing.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2005 04:13 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

So as long as you touch it? Ok, that seems acceptable, since it will still require skill to touch objects or energy being hurled at you. It's a nice tactic, but as long as it isn't assured that it will always happen, and there's at least some chance for failure.

Err, no, I meant she has to hold a javelin through which to focus the energy to open the portal. If I'm not holding a javelin, I can't open the portal.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2005 04:14 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Oh by the way for Prep I will make sure that everyone knows my guy has Scorpion's armor underneath the Pred armor. And I have also attached one of my Wristblades to my tail so I can have three indestructable striking weapons at once.
Deathstroke's sword, Wristblade on left wrist and tail wrist blade.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2005 04:17 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

Originally posted by newjak86
Thats what you think my friend I have an Elder Pred in my guy that means let me tell You have roughly a thousand years of exprience in combat and hunting along with Deathstroke's combat abilities and stealth. Plus I have the Pred Helmet which allows me to hear whispers at 500 feet away and see you anywhere no way your getting the drop on me that easily plus it isn't like I will be wandering the house without a clue as to where you are I will probably find you about the same time you find me.

Midnighter can go undetected in the same room as another man with enhanced senses, walking across a metal catwalk while the guy walks out of the room. If I don't want you to hear me, it will not happen.

Now I am probably at leat twice what Spiderman is since I am roughly twice what Scorpion is as stated by Digi I think I am alot tougher than Spidey right now but Digi makes the rules.

Tougher and stronger? Sure. Yo are nowhere enar as agile though, and that is what my amalgam is all about. Even if I didn't have a shield up, you can't touch me.

Anyway that means I have double Spidey agility and DS reaction time the same reaction time that allowed him to stab Flash so I could easily dodge any spear you throw at me.

Spear? What spear? you mean my javelins? For one thing, they're only eight inches long, so it's not like I'm carrying a pack of full size spears on my back. Second, I don't have to throw them at you, I can simply Chi blast you from a safe distance.

Plus I I don't even have to throw a weapon I just look and shoot from my shoulder cannon or staff or hand gun or all three at the same time.

Hey, please do at shoot me. Just gives me something to throw right back at you.

Once you teleport I can detect the sound of teleportation so I would know where you come and attack there.

I've read just about all of Blink's appearances, and never once has someone discovered her by the sound her teleporting makes. She's used it to spy on Apocalypse's forces in the AOA, so its quiet enough to be stealthy. You won't know I'm there until a blast of Chi is tearing into your costume and eating away your flesh.

EDIT: Just checked out your link. It says nothign about the helmet giving you enhanced hearing.

Last edited by Khellendros on Oct 3rd, 2005 at 04:28 PM

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2005 04:24 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

Now I am probably at leat twice what Spiderman is since I am roughly twice what Scorpion is......

..... Anyway that means I have double Spidey agility and DS reaction time

How? Scorpions armour doesn't really enhance your strength.... and as Scorpion is the strongest character in your amalgam how can he possibly be twice his own strength?

Strength-wise, without the symbiote, Joel's strength is rated at the 3 ton level. The other humans in Wetworks, when bonding with symbiotes, experienced a strength increase of approximately 20 times. Meaning that a human with a lifting strength of 500 pounds (the original Grail) would be able to lift up to five tons. Joel, experiencing this same proportionate increase, is rated at the 60 ton level.

I also disagree with this.... even Symbiotes have limits, you can't just slap one on anyone and get the same level of increase, when Carnage bonded with the Silver Surfer he didn't become Surfer x 200

You're both way overrating the strength of your amalgams

Do you even KMC???

Last edited by Scoobless on Oct 3rd, 2005 at 04:31 PM

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2005 04:28 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

Originally posted by Scoobless
I also disagree with this.... even Symbiote's have limits, you can't just slap one on anyone and get the same level of increase, when Carnage bonded with teh Silver Surfer he didn't become Surfer x 200

You're thinking in terms of Marvel's alien symbiotes. Grail's symbiote is biomechanical, and has only a very rudimentary consciousness. And, unlike the alien symbiotes inMarvel, the Wetworks symbiotes gives a proportionate increase in strength, no matter what the startign strength was. This is alien technology we're talking about, not alien goop-creatures.

They've been shown to be able to increase their mass, to grow, so that they can accomadate a man one symbiote gave the ability to grow 20-30 feet tall. They can amplify chi or psychic abilities and even give someone abilities like invisibility, teleportation and time travel. The Wetworks symbiotes share nothing in common with the Venom and Carnage symbiote, except the name used to describe them.

Last edited by Khellendros on Oct 3rd, 2005 at 04:36 PM

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2005 04:34 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Sorry don't know how to multi quote yet so until then just gotta bear with me right now.
Midnighter won't be hiding from me since my infrared vision will see you. Also the fact I can see you here whispers at 500 feet and be perfectly quiet myself doesn't help you finding me first.
How Man times has Scorpion fought Spidey and how Man times has he managed to hit Spidey so I am defiantly very agile right now.
Your javalins are small so that means about as much to me as anything since I can still see them still dodge even easier if their smaller just to let you know.
And I can blast you from afar so three blasts compared to one Chi Blast.
You also said so yourself you must holding the Javlin and focusing to teleport my stuff back at me. Which you won't have time to focus because I will be shooting at your javlins as well. So you will have to be very very quick and very focused to do it. Especially with three blast coming your way. Also in the house I have a very big advantage because Scorpion can climb walls and stick to them so I can dodge from the floor to the ceiling to the wall no problem while avoiding your attacks. And attacking back so you have to dodge focus and chi attack back. Well I can do all that without using my hands since My shoulder cannon works without me having to shoot them. Also I can stand on the wall so I can still keep both hands free.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2005 04:35 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

EDIT: Just checked out your link. It says nothign about the helmet giving you enhanced hearing.
Did you just check out the helmet because oyu also have to read the bio helmet below it as that is what I have.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2005 04:37 PM
Solidus Snake
The General

that is true. but there is still a strength limit on the tourney. and it doesnt quite affect everyone teh same way either. dozer was much stronger than any of the other wetworks guys

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2005 04:37 PM
Solidus Snake is currently offline Click here to Send Solidus Snake a Private Message Find more posts by Solidus Snake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by Scoobless
How? Scorpions armour doesn't really enhance your strength.... and as Scorpion is the strongest character in your amalgam how can he possibly be twice his own strength?

I also disagree with this.... even Symbiotes have limits, you can't just slap one on anyone and get the same level of increase, when Carnage bonded with the Silver Surfer he didn't become Surfer x 200

You're both way overrating the strength of your amalgams
I am taking DS body and enhanching it with Scorpions power since the base is at least twice as strong as the orginal with Gargan I will be twice as strong as what Scorpion was with Gargan.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2005 04:38 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

I am taking DS body and enhanching it with Scorpions power since the base is at least twice as strong as the orginal with Gargan I will be twice as strong as what Scorpion was with Gargan.

neither of those guys can multiply the others strength.... and even if they could go back to just before the process that turned Gargan into the Scorpion and go through it again (which you can't) the whole idea was to give a person the proportionate strength of a scorpion.... so it would all work out the same

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2005 04:53 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote