KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » Old school Punk

Old school Punk
Started by: badAssSoadFan13

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
badAssSoadFan13
I'm free as a bird now

Barf Old school Punk

Anybody like old school punk?
Like the Sex Pistols, the Ramones or the Clash?
AND HERE'S THE BOMBSHELL!!:
WHY do you like them?

Old Post Mar 20th, 2006 01:55 AM
badAssSoadFan13 is currently offline Click here to Send badAssSoadFan13 a Private Message Find more posts by badAssSoadFan13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

There's about a billion threads like this already...please use the search function next time.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Mar 20th, 2006 01:58 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkness~Calls

OH DIS BAD13 DIS!! JKJK but really you need to serch for this stuff first *hand gesture/bites hand GRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!)

Old Post Mar 20th, 2006 02:45 AM
Darkness~Calls is currently offline Click here to Send Darkness~Calls a Private Message Find more posts by Darkness~Calls Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PINBALL

badass quit being stupid...

Old Post Mar 20th, 2006 04:23 AM
PINBALL is currently offline Click here to Send PINBALL a Private Message Find more posts by PINBALL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
badAssSoadFan13
I'm free as a bird now

sorry i'm not being stupid! GOSH DO I EVEN KNOW YOU?!
and you know what darkness? hahahahahahah stupid handgestures how was i being stupid though?

Old Post Mar 20th, 2006 05:38 PM
badAssSoadFan13 is currently offline Click here to Send badAssSoadFan13 a Private Message Find more posts by badAssSoadFan13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkness~Calls

You know what i am happy i dfont know you!! But you were being unintelegent by not researching first DEE DEE DEE!!

Old Post Mar 20th, 2006 09:06 PM
Darkness~Calls is currently offline Click here to Send Darkness~Calls a Private Message Find more posts by Darkness~Calls Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Otus
A come-back maker!

Well, The Clash sucks, I think, but I really like The Ramones. smile Their music is kinda simple, easy to listen. Thatīs why I like them...

Old Post Mar 20th, 2006 10:37 PM
Otus is currently offline Click here to Send Otus a Private Message Find more posts by Otus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

the music was a new form of expression, the music is raw, the bands are singing about their lives, not just whats popular. they showed actual rebellion not just packaged angst. the Sex Pistols and The Clash changed the face of music, they did something crazy and brash, unlike all the new bands like Good Charlotte and Simple Plan that change nothing and dont bring anything new to the table

I am aware that "your" should be "you're," and while I know I should change it as not to offend the grammar fans around the boards, school always said not to bow to peer pressure so it stays as it is

Old Post Mar 21st, 2006 01:12 AM
tabby999 is currently offline Click here to Send tabby999 a Private Message Find more posts by tabby999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
el_barto
I'm So Bored With the USA

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Otus
Well, The Clash sucks, I think, but I really like The Ramones. smile Their music is kinda simple, easy to listen. Thatīs why I like them...

What sucks so much about The Clash?

You Call This a New Way of Thinking? I Call This Regression to Ignorance.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2006 01:48 AM
el_barto is currently offline Click here to Send el_barto a Private Message Find more posts by el_barto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkness~Calls

Thats a really good point Tabby999 i get what your saying

Old Post Mar 21st, 2006 03:24 AM
Otus
A come-back maker!

Originally posted by el_barto
What sucks so much about The Clash?

Well, itīs not any single thing, the overall, I guess. In my opinion, itīs not even punk... If you think that music can be called punk because of the words in that music, then itīs punk. But to me it just doesnīt sound like punk... erm Itīs too slow for me and somehow boring...

But I think itīs useless to argue with you, cause you like the clash much, I guess (Your signature?)

Old Post Mar 21st, 2006 01:11 PM
Otus is currently offline Click here to Send Otus a Private Message Find more posts by Otus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
el_barto

Well, itīs not any single thing, the overall, I guess. In my opinion, itīs not even punk... If you think that music can be called punk because of the words in that music, then itīs punk. But to me it just doesnīt sound like punk... erm Itīs too slow for me and somehow boring...

But I think itīs useless to argue with you, cause you like the clash much, I guess (Your signature?)

Their first album was 'punk' persay, but the rest really werent. And no, I hate The Clash.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2006 01:33 PM
el_barto is currently offline Click here to Send el_barto a Private Message Find more posts by el_barto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Their first album was 'punk' persay, but the rest really werent. And no, I hate The Clash.

Yeah, and I hate The Smiths.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2006 01:43 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Otus
A come-back maker!

OK, then we have something in common... stick out tongue

Old Post Mar 21st, 2006 02:01 PM
dani_california

Wait, the Clash suck cause they're 'hard' to listen to? WTF?

So anything with more than three cords sucks now?

Old Post Apr 6th, 2006 08:29 PM
dani_california is currently offline Click here to Send dani_california a Private Message Find more posts by dani_california Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dani_california

And why do i like punk?

1 Its different while not trying too hard like so many metal bands who dress up in shiny costumes, pretend to be vampires, ect.

2 It has purpose, confronts political issues.

3 It pisses off old people

Too bad it died Sid, though. sad

Old Post Apr 6th, 2006 08:33 PM
dani_california is currently offline Click here to Send dani_california a Private Message Find more posts by dani_california Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
el_barto

His own fault for going out with Nancy and getting addicted to herion.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2006 12:14 PM
Slay
Skyhighatrist

OK, then we have something in common... stick out tongue

Learn to read sarcasm. no expression

Old Post Apr 9th, 2006 07:47 PM
Slay is currently offline Click here to Send Slay a Private Message Find more posts by Slay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote