KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » New THANOS ongoing this fall

New THANOS ongoing this fall
Started by: GalacticStorm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

New THANOS ongoing this fall

Looks like Thanos is going to be after the Phoenix Force in his latest quest for power:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/a...-lemire-deodato

Is it going to be to use it for destruction or is he going to try and kill it to end life? eek!

Old Post Jul 24th, 2016 12:39 AM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Well, he's held true power a few times now, so I guess he's shooting for the bottom of the barrel this time around.

Nice change of pace for him.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jul 24th, 2016 01:23 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

heh

Old Post Jul 24th, 2016 05:07 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Bleh. Hopefully they find a decent twist. Having him chase random MacGuffins seems a little played out at this point, no?

Old Post Jul 24th, 2016 05:16 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Ka-Zar will stop him from obtaining the PF.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2016 05:19 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

will read this

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 24th, 2016 06:29 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlmightyKfish
This Is No Longer A City.

Lemire's a decent writer so I'm cautiously optimistic about this

Taskmaster The Molecule Man

Old Post Jul 24th, 2016 09:15 PM
AlmightyKfish is currently offline Click here to Send AlmightyKfish a Private Message Find more posts by AlmightyKfish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
Well, he's held true power a few times now, so I guess he's shooting for the bottom of the barrel this time around.

Nice change of pace for him.

Love you to love

Old Post Jul 24th, 2016 09:54 PM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

Looking forward to this. Hopefully Lemire can dispel the pathetic writing of Bendis.

Also just a random bit to include but if he's going after the Phoenix then perhaps he might bump into Exitar and the Void if he finds the White Hot Room and more importantly the Sentry.

But all that beside I look forward to seeing a lot more of Thanos. Look forward to seeing Deodato doing the art. I know he seemingly traces Transformers for Beyonders but he is quite a good artist.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2016 09:15 AM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Yeah Deodato is a good artist compared to when he first started out.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2016 09:22 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Hope Lemire realizes whatever he accomplishes, Starlin will retcon next time he writes the character.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2016 11:28 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

I hope the book sheds more light on the nature and purpose of the Force and how it complements the Abstracts. Similar fashion to how Thanos Quest revealed the true nature of the "soul gems."

Old Post Jul 25th, 2016 03:53 PM
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Since Thanos has gotten his hands on pretty much every cosmic force and item I'm not sure whether this is for completions sake or if the author wants to play with the agent of death with the primordial power of life dynamic.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2016 04:58 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Originally posted by Astner
Since Thanos has gotten his hands on pretty much every cosmic force and item I'm not sure whether this is for completions sake or if the author wants to play with the agent of death with the primordial power of life dynamic.

Cosmic Entities: Gotta catch 'em all

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Jul 26th, 2016 07:43 AM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Time to make up a new object of power, Infinity Gems been done to death same with the Phoenix.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2016 08:11 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

I'd prefer not see any new cosmic forces or artifacts but rather have them expand on the ones that are around and tie together loose ends.

My main fear with this story is that this will be another retelling of the Infinity Gauntlet but with the Phoenix instead.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2016 12:22 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Originally posted by Astner
I'd prefer not see any new cosmic forces or artifacts but rather have them expand on the ones that are around and tie together loose ends.

My main fear with this story is that this will be another retelling of the Infinity Gauntlet but with the Phoenix instead.

Agreed. An exploration and expansion of existing characters would be much preferred.

I doubt we'll get a Thanos Quest retread with this being an ongoing.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2016 11:26 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Why can't it ever just be a 'normal' series that focuses on building Thanos' character, and giving him more depth? Why does he always have to be after some 'all powerful' trinket or w/e? It's just an overplayed and boring plot at this point, imo... But I suppose that is par for the course with Marvel nowadays. sad

Even though it didn't seem to be well-received, I actually enjoyed the Thanos Rising miniseries because it expanded on his character quite a bit. Gave us a decent backstory, and showed us how he evolved into the death-worshiping planet-conqueror we've come to know over the years... I'm probably in the minority with that one, though. Seems like a lot of people are all about "teh FEATS!!!!!1111!1!!!" these days, and don't give a rip about quality storytelling.

Meh.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Jul 29th, 2016 at 11:16 PM

Old Post Jul 29th, 2016 11:04 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Originally posted by Endless Mike
Cosmic Entities: Gotta catch 'em all

Phoenix force, I choose you!

Use cosmic annihilation attack!

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Jul 31st, 2016 06:48 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Americarp
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Galan007
Why can't it ever just be a 'normal' series that focuses on building Thanos' character, and giving him more depth? Why does he always have to be after some 'all powerful' trinket or w/e? It's just an overplayed and boring plot at this point, imo... But I suppose that is par for the course with Marvel nowadays. sad

Even though it didn't seem to be well-received, I actually enjoyed the Thanos Rising miniseries because it expanded on his character quite a bit. Gave us a decent backstory, and showed us how he evolved into the death-worshiping planet-conqueror we've come to know over the years... I'm probably in the minority with that one, though. Seems like a lot of people are all about "teh FEATS!!!!!1111!1!!!" these days, and don't give a rip about quality storytelling.

Meh.

I enjoyed Thanos Rising, we found out Thanos was an emo and pussy whipped, it was excellent. I could just see young Thanos, performing a high school massacre, hang on, he sort of did!

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2016 11:41 PM
Americarp is currently offline Click here to Send Americarp a Private Message Find more posts by Americarp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote