KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » James Bond Series » The Return of Martin Campbell

The Return of Martin Campbell
Started by: lau_timmy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
lau_timmy

The Return of Martin Campbell

Hmmm, looks like the producers are taking the same direction as in 1977 when they rehired Lewis Gilbert to do TSWLM 10 years after he did YOLT.

I loved Goldeneye when it first came out. Campbell was excellent in bringing in a new era of Bond and presenting a new Bond. And I see no reason he couldn't do it again. I think Campbell would be a decent choice to direct bond 21 despite his two disappointments of Vertical Limits and Beyond Borders. The most important along with the script is who is playing James Bond, that will make anything in the script look better, and anything the director does better.

I heard that Campbell's top choice for bond is Clive Owens: "Clive would make a great James Bond. He goes back to the Connery version of Bond. There's a duality in both Connery and Clive. These are guys who onscreen love you one minute and then can kill you in the next. Plus, with Clive, like with Connery, when he hits you, you stay down."

Last edited by lau_timmy on May 7th, 2005 at 12:42 PM

Old Post May 7th, 2005 12:27 PM
lau_timmy is currently offline Click here to Send lau_timmy a Private Message Find more posts by lau_timmy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

I absolutely love the idea of Campbell returning. As you said, he introduced the new bond and can do it again now.

Only problem I see is that the scriptwriters said that they wrote the first draft with Pierce in mind, so there might be some problems with the script. Though I'm sure they can get around that and hopefully deliver a good movie this time

Old Post May 7th, 2005 07:49 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silver_tears

Well we might not have a problem if Pierce is back big grin

Old Post May 13th, 2005 11:19 PM
silver_tears is currently offline Click here to Send silver_tears a Private Message Find more posts by silver_tears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

do you know more? eek!

Old Post May 14th, 2005 07:49 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silver_tears

nope sad

Old Post May 14th, 2005 11:42 PM
silver_tears is currently offline Click here to Send silver_tears a Private Message Find more posts by silver_tears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

you've destroyed my hopes... you... you ... destroyer!

Old Post May 15th, 2005 09:46 PM
silver_tears

Shiva eek!

Umm sorry, yea, I did no worse for you then you for me stick out tongue

Old Post May 20th, 2005 07:52 PM
yerssot

but I always let people down

Old Post May 20th, 2005 07:57 PM
silver_tears

thats not true stick out tongue

Old Post May 20th, 2005 08:00 PM
yerssot

you just say that cause you don't wink

Old Post May 20th, 2005 08:03 PM
silver_tears

i let myself down stick out tongue

Old Post May 20th, 2005 08:07 PM
yerssot

we could get down together wink

Old Post May 20th, 2005 08:12 PM
silver_tears

and move it all around? eek!

sorry backstreet boys song embarrasment

Old Post May 20th, 2005 08:15 PM
yerssot

I sure hope we'll be moving yes wink

Old Post May 20th, 2005 08:16 PM
silver_tears

as much as I love you darling laughing out loud i must run, kisses

Old Post May 20th, 2005 08:17 PM
yerssot

I hate to see you go, but I love to see you leave *checks out your bum* wink

Old Post May 20th, 2005 08:18 PM
silver_tears

I think the same about you ninja

Old Post Jul 9th, 2005 03:35 PM
yerssot

oh, I see... Hmphf, I'll leave already stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 9th, 2005 09:29 PM
silver_tears

I meant the buns

Old Post Jul 10th, 2005 02:54 AM
yerssot

the buns? I'm fat?

Old Post Jul 10th, 2005 11:25 AM