KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » USH'S STAR WARS GAME- CAMPAIGN II EPISODE IV (JEDI)- Purity

USH'S STAR WARS GAME- CAMPAIGN II EPISODE IV (JEDI)- Purity
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (121): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

USH'S STAR WARS GAME- CAMPAIGN II EPISODE IV (JEDI)- Purity

It’s finally here, the fourth Episodes of the Second Campaign of my Prequel Trilogy Star Wars game! Almost three years after the previous cliffhanger endings makes this a simulation closer to the films than I had originally planned but, hey, that’s drama for you! Three years is a long time of course, a gap necessitated by the need to create new story as off-line play became less and less. In that time, the player group has changed both in composition and attitude, and my idea of some plot points has altered as well. Hence there might be some slight discontinuities, which I ask you to suspend your disbeliefs for.

We are also using a new system! Veterans of my Matrix game have already tested out the base mechanic so they will be fine and in general it is not bad to get used to so we can get to the bottom of that pretty quickly once we need to.

More importantly, try and have fun whilst playing, and if new, follow the lead of the veteran players, they know what it is all about. Welcome back to everyone, and I hope it goes well!

This storyline is a very significant conclusion to a mini-plotline about the activities of the mysterious Dark Sider Sienar, who has been causing havoc in many players’ backstories. Much is still unknown so you come into thisd game in great ignorance. It directly follows on from Andro and Gallagher’s story on Spiridos where they were investigating drug trafficking undercover, and came into contact with the Abbot Sienar, a heroic figure in the Synod of Ferradyne, a religious organisation that worships the Light Side. Andro and Gallagher connected members of Sienar’s staff to very dodgy occurrences on Spiridos- including the mass murder of convalescent patients in cryogenesis- but were extremely surprised to find the ultimate mastermind behind it all was Sienar himself, who they had previously had good reason to believe was a target of the bad guys, not their leader. They were even more surprised when it turned out that Sienar is an extremely powerful Dark Sider, and well connected to Gallagher’s past. At the end, Andro is unable to stop Sienar escaping to his home planet of Mandragos- taking Gallagher with him. Gallagher, fearful for the future of billions or more of lives in a possible future of mass famine, knows he must engage with this destiny to save those lives, and so goes with Sienar. A furious Andro wants to bring down the vengeance of the Jedi upon Sienar… but on return to Coruscant finds that such a thing is nearly impossible…

Roan and Jelena- you’ve been up to big things to! But you are being urgently re-assigned to this issue, so your problems will have to wait.

This story is very much more passive, thinky, dark and even complex than other stories, and is not for beginner players. You are all veterans in a very dangerous game with much at stake! Good luck.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2008 03:30 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

CORUSCANT

A side-chamber of the Republican Senate

The debate had been going on for some hours as everyone present around the table tried to get to grips with the situation. Each person attending this special meeting was an important personage in his own right, trying to get their views heard. Observing was a senior Civil Servant by the name of Rontane, one of those quiet types that keeps the bureaucracy running whilst the Senators keep up a front for the people, and his assistant, Bercol.

The small wooden sign in front of the current speaker identified him as Senator Imas of Mandragos, a priest on the Synod of Ferradyne.

“There is no question of the Jedi launching such an investigation on my world! Even less so during the Commission meeting!”

(“Does Mandragos really carry enough weight to lecture the Jedi?” whispered Bercol.

“As a major religion they have a lot of followers, including some in the Senate,” says Rontane. “And their friction with the Jedi is well known. But right now their position is particularly strong., The Abbot Sienar is a politically powerful figure due to some of his recent humanitarian interventions, and several hundred Senators are at this moment arriving on Mandragos. This sudden action by the Jedi makes them nervous, and they will support Imas.”)

“A crime has been committed, we can all agree on that,” said another man- Senator Cromwell of Lias.

(“Whose side is he on?” asked Bercol.

“No-ones,” said Rontane. “Lias is famously neutral. The people there take impartiality to a new level; they have almost no emotional connections at all. A wise choice for an impartial voice in a meeting such as this.”)

“Many crimes!” yelled out the youngest person there- a Jedi named as Andro Fenris. “Drug trafficking, assault, murder… MASS murder!” A restraining arm from Ki-Adi Mundi stopped Andro from rising and protesting further.

“And you have no evidence linking these crimes with the Abbot!” said Imas. “And everyone knows how you want to take down this man, who people listen to where they have no longer listen to the Jedi!”

No evidence?” says Andro. “Go and look at the tombs he has created on Spiridos! Talk to his men that tried to kill me! He himself attacked me with amazing power!”

“So you say,” said Imas. “Opinion seems to be divided on this matter.”

“I was THERE! I SAW it! It happened to ME! How DARE you…” began Andro before Mundi waved him down again.

“You forget who you are speaking to and speaking about!” says Imas. “You dare accuse the hero of a billion causes of such things!”

“We have very good reason to have certain suspicions about activities connected with Sienar,” said Mundi. “The Jedi Fenris is understandably shaken at the scale of the crimes we know have been committed on Spiridos and we only wish to get the answers to these crimes.”

“He accuses the Abbot of many murders and of trafficking with the Dark Side! Of attacking him, a fit Jedi, whilst the Abbot is a crippled old man! This is such obvious nonsense!”

(“It does seem an unusual accusation,” whispered Bercol. “The Synod is an organisation dedicated to worshipping the Balance of the Light Side of the Force, and none of them have the powers of the Force themselves.”

“No-one will believe it,” says Rontane. “You will see that Mundi is not pressing that angle. But their trump card which means something must be done somewhere is the scandal on Spiridos. Tens of thousands that were meant to be in suspended animation awaiting cures to their diseases are dead, deliberately killed. As much as Imas will plead public support for his case, so also do the Jedi know that there will be an outcry if this is not followed up. Likewise the drug trafficking.”

“And they can show that Sienar had something to do with that?”

“If they could show that there would be no question of this meeting. Only Andro makes the accusation, and as much as Jedi’s word is worth, the accusation is ridiculous and Sienar’s word is worth more.”)

“A Jedi has been kidnapped!” said another Senator present- a Senator Galahad, of Thespia.

“A Jedi has gone with the Abbot, that is different,” says Imas. “You hold no authority over a Jedi that had completed his mission if he decides to go somewhere. And might I add that the Jedi being your own SON makes your presence here hardly impartial!”

“That does not change the substance of my charge, Gallagher’s presence with the Abbot is extremely suspicious!”

“Your biased suspicions are not evidence of wrongdoing!” insisted Imas.

(“He has a point about the bias, surely,” said Bercol. “Why is Galahad at this meeting?”

“Political pressure,” said Rontane. They are rich on Thespia.”

“I thought Jedi were not supposed to have family connections?”

“That is a good point, and one I am considering. Even the Jedi have to bend to pressure sometimes themselves… but it is extremely irregular. Something is wrong there; perhaps that is why the Jedi are worried.”)

“I feel we should leave out unsubstantiated rumour of this discussion,” said Cromwell. “Let us confine ourselves to the facts. Great crimes have been committed on Spiridos.”

“Then that is where your investigation should be!” said Imas.

“The Jedi ithrorn is still there,” said Mundi. “Much may yet be uncovered, but the computer files in question are heavily encrypted. We hope to have more information soon.”

“But as yet you have nothing!” said Imas. “You make it all up! And at such a ridiculous time, during this great and important meeting about the future of a full quarter of the Galaxy! Countless billions of lives are at stake! And an election to the leader of our planet is coming. Sienar is due to become leader of our word, the head of the Synod! You seek to bring down a head of state. Such things are not permitted! They have immunity to… malicious investigation by the Jedi!”

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Sep 2nd, 2008 at 03:36 PM

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2008 03:31 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

“He does not yet have such immunity,” said Cromwell.

“He has diplomatic immunity as the Synod’s representative already!”

“This is true,” said Cromwell. “Furthermore, I agree it would be improper for the Jedi to interfere with the election process of a sovereign world.”

“I will not stand by whilst you put this man above the law!” yelled Andro. “Listen to me all of you! Sienar has fooled everyone! He’s not interested in charity, he is an extremely powerful Dark Sider. If you give him control of an entire planet he will become unstoppable!”

“This is the evidence the Jedi have?” asks Imas. “This is the man they think is appropriate to look into a matter such as this? What is this, Jedi, is this jealously of how this man has achieved whilst you feel you have failed?”

Andro almost made a move towards Imas at this point, but a sharp glare from Muni- who anticipated Andro’s action before it happened- kept him quiet.

“A certain Father Varm and his men made an assault on the Jedi Andro and Ithrorn,” said Mundi. “A member of the Synod and on Sienar’s personal staff, I believe. Many security cameras captured this action. An unfortunate incident.”

“This is true, though Varm has already paid for his crimes,” said Cromwell. “I agree this casts some suspicion but it is not evidence as such.”

“Varm was often seen accompanying the Abbot’s doctor, Mirani,” said Mundi, “as many witnesses can attest to. The evidence about the murders in the chambers of Tranquil Repose seem to have a connection to this doctor.”

“That he is the Abbot’s Doctor is no suspicion on the Abbot!” said Imas.

“Of course not, Senator,” says Mundi. “We would merely like to speak to Mirani, to hear his side of the story. But alas! For whatever reason, he returned to Mandragos aboard the Abbot’s ship! You understand that made investigating this link difficult. We would very much like to speak to him.”

“That is just an excuse to investigate the Abbot!”

“Which all due respect, Senator, that is a mere supposition, whilst it remains a clear fact that we need to speak to the Doctor, and associates of Father Varm, in association with a major criminal investigation. Mirani and Varm’s associates are on Mandragos. All other circumstances aside, simple logic dictates that it is highly appropriate that we go to Mandragos to speak to them.”

(“Soft words with an iron meaning,” said Rontane to Bercol. “The Jedi Council is very serious about this matter.”)

“That appears reasonable to me,” said Cromwell.

“And me,” said Galahad. “Nor is that the end of things! There is another witness who is alive. Your master did a bad job! He failed to kill my son’s protector, and on a medical world! He will recover from his injuries and when he does, then we will know the truth about what happened to Gallagher, and we shall have another witness for the Abbot!”

“Who is making the suppositions now?!” said Imas

“Of course,” said Mundi, “when more evidence- from the files, or when poor Zaland is able to talk- becomes available, we shall present this evidence accordingly. In the meantime, however, I do propose we send a mission to Mandragos to investigate Varm and Mirani.

“You cannot possibly send this man on such an investigation! That is a gross insult!”

“Perhaps another Jedi would be appropriate,” said Cromwell. Once more, Andro rose to his feet, and once more Mundi waved him down.

“Ah, I am afraid with Gallagher’s… ‘unavailability’ Andro is the only Jedi with the necessary knowledge of the narcotics investigation, and hence we really must send him on the mission. But of course we are sensitive to such matters. Andro will be accompanied by other Jedi, serious, experienced Jedi who are knowledgeable in delicate matters. Indeed, two such Jedi have just returned from an extremely sensitive mission on the planet Cassilis, where they prevented an extremely serious situation.”

(“Didn’t a small war just happen on Cassilis?” asks Bercol.

“Semantics. Mundi means they prevented a large one, but the way he puts it implies they prevented anything from happening at all. It’s all a ploy to get as many Jedi as possible onto Mandragos so that the Jedi can act once they have their evidence.”

“You believe the Jedi?”

“I’ll tell you this. The Jedi Order is the most powerful organisation in the Republic. They work for us because they choose to, not because they have to. Senators and other powerful people may hate them but we cannot do without them. They are extremely careful not to put a foot wrong, and if they did not think something was in this, they would not be trying.”

“They cannot seriously accuse a man like the Abbot of being a criminal, though? The Order would be seen as trying to declare war on a sovereign world!”

“I think we will find the coming events very interesting indeed…” said Rontane.)

“Can you provide any particular reason why the Jedi should not investigate Mirani?” said Cromwell. “Well then, so long as your investigation is confined to that, I do not see any legal objection.”

“Of course,” says Mundi. “And we have no intention of changing the focus of our investigation, and certainly none of taking any action against such an august personage as the Abbot without any direct evidence. Isn’t that right, Andro?”

There was a long pause before Andro agreed. What he thought in his head, though, even Mundi could not see clearly.

-

The Jedi Temple, landing platform

Not much R&R for Roan and Jelena, it seems. Andro and Trorn are waiting for you as you come into land.

“Now remember,” Trorn is saying, Andro, “Roan will be heading the investigation. It is extremely important that you do not attempt to pursue your own vendetta here. Justice can only be done if we do this the right way. Ah, Roan!” he says, as Roan climbs down. “We received your report. Very troubling!”

-

Mandragos

“Well, Gallagher,” says Sienar, shuffling over, a virtual zombie. “We have arrived.”

You have thought much on your Jedi, concluded little. Where is destiny taking you? You have no answers.

“My staff are departing now. But lacking Father Varm I no longer have an emissary. Why don’t you go forth and announce my return?”

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Sep 2nd, 2008 at 03:36 PM

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2008 03:34 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Now, at this point, in the time where the game is still gearing up, you need to tell me if you are going to use any of your predictive powers. There are two such powers you may have- ‘Dreams’ if you have Master Intuition, and ‘Foresight’ if you have Master Insight. Dreams is free to use, though you can make it more likely to work if you spend a Force point on it. Foresight always works, but always costs a Force point! Remember, these Force points have to last you for the entire story…

‘Dreams’ means you receive an unconscious set of images about events that are to come- obscure meanings and metaphors that you must decipher to find clues in.

‘Foresight’ is more direct and represents you actively navigating the future to find answers. Whilst the way you see the future may still be obscure, Foresight will definitely contain directly useful information somewhere, sometimes about very important things.

You can only use one!

In a slight difference to previous games, whilst you must declare- and pay for- a use of such a power now, your vision may not come at the start of the game, but at some appropriate point…

Let me know, and play on!

BtVS

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2008 03:35 PM
Alkaselzer
Thespian

Gallagher will use Dreams.

-

Gallagher makes mental note of the discussions he shared with Sienar on his way to Mandragos. It is senseless to keep repeating that the Light Side will prevail over the Dark, that Andro Fenris will rescue Gallagher, that the Republic will not stand for the mass murder committed on Spiridos.

Gallagher simply gets to his feet. He gives Sienar a look of obvious disdain, but... says nothing as he steps out of the spacecraft and examines his surroundings.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2008 07:10 PM
Alkaselzer is currently offline Click here to Send Alkaselzer a Private Message Find more posts by Alkaselzer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Out of the ship... and under the orange sky of Mandragos!

You are in the starport of a great city. But large as the city is, it itself aurround a more magnificent structure, some kind of giant citdael in the middle of it all, looming massively, almost reaching the clouds. It can be seen in every open part of the ity.

A priest of Ferradyne (they don't man everything around here, but this is the Abbot's ship and they have come to great him) approaches you, and notes your lightsabre. He looks at you oddly.

"May I help you?" he asks.

BtVS

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2008 07:17 PM
Alkaselzer
Thespian

"I come bearing word of the Abbott Sienar's return," Gallagher says, grudgingly. "I am his emissary, Gallagher. We are come from Spiridos."

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2008 07:28 PM
Alkaselzer is currently offline Click here to Send Alkaselzer a Private Message Find more posts by Alkaselzer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Brit
Duchess

"I am glad to be away from Cassilis," Jelena says. "We averted total warfare, but... that world will be suffering for some good time to come as the wounds opened by the Dark Side heal over."

Jelena studies Andro, seeing that he appears somewhat perturbed.

"What has happened?" Jelena asks.

Foresight, please! Jelena will spend an extra point on it to ensure that she gets something.

Punch your lights out, hit the pavement
That's what I call entertainment
Causing problems makes you famous
All the silence makes a statement

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2008 07:48 PM
Brit is currently offline Click here to Send Brit a Private Message Find more posts by Brit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

"Emissary? But... you are a Jedi!" says the priest.

-

You were told on Cassilis that 'something' had happened with Gallagher, Jelena.

"Have you met?" asks Trorn of you and Andro, Jelena. "I know Andro and Roan worked together on Droben. Likewrise Roan met poor Gallagher there."

BtVS

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2008 09:55 PM
Alkaselzer
Thespian

"My occupation does not matter to the Abbott, it appears," Gallagher says.

That is because he wishes to steer me away from my calling, Gallagher thinks bitterly.

"Why, is it a problem?"

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2008 11:57 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

"Well, I..."

"Of course it is not," says Sienar, appearing at the doorway of the ship. "It is, of course, to give into prejudice and anger to judge a man simply by what he is, rather than who he is and what he thinks."

"My apologies, your reverence," says the Priest. "Yours words justly chastise me. We were just unaware of this... change."

"Well, Gallagher here will explain, yes?"

BtVS

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2008 11:59 PM
Alkaselzer
Thespian

"You are one to speak of anger, Abbott," Gallagher says, harshly. He does not elaborate for the Priest present. "Father Varm has been... relieved of his services. By the Jedi Order. Until the Abbott is able to find a proper emissary, he has seen fit to take me as his replacement."

Gallagher stares at the Abbott as he says this.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2008 12:06 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

"I have been informed by the Jedi of a plot to kill me," says Sienar. "It seems some oppose my growing power with the Synod. Gallagher is here to protect me!"

He's not even lying, is the real pain about all that, Gallagher. He's a cunning bastard, is Sienar. The best Force User couldn't sense deception in that statement.

BtVS

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2008 12:08 AM
Alkaselzer
Thespian

Gallagher thinks bitterly about how Sienar had deceived him as a being of good will and intentions, just as this Priest of the Synod believes the same.

"This is so," Gallagher says, simply.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2008 12:13 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

"But who would do such a thing?" asks the extremely alarmed priest- and his distress is extremely genuine, Gallagher. "This is... monstrous!"

"These are sad times. Yet I have much work to do. I do bear good news- I am confirming my nomination as Archimandrite of the Synod. I accept the offer that has been made to me."

"The Force be praised!"

BtVS

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2008 12:15 AM
Brit
Duchess

"I was not involved at Droben," Jelena says. "But I do believe that I have met Gallagher. He was present at Arminium, as was I. Bizarre situation, that. All part of those damnable conspiracies that Xeth and his renegades run around after. A fruitless effort, I am sure."

She pauses to study the young and talented swordsman before her.

"I am Jelena Bendu," she introduces herself.

Punch your lights out, hit the pavement
That's what I call entertainment
Causing problems makes you famous
All the silence makes a statement

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2008 02:49 AM
Brit is currently offline Click here to Send Brit a Private Message Find more posts by Brit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alkaselzer
Thespian

"Archimandrite?" Gallagher asks, unsure of what the term means.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2008 02:52 AM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

"Indeed, It is good to see you again, Andro my friend. You look severely troubled. Be calm, what can we do for you?"

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2008 07:35 AM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

(I am sure jazzman will be back soon folks- he said he was busy for a bit)

Trorn will ask you to come inside as you talk over the situation. You are not leaving immediately btw; you deserve a day's rest after your trials on Cassilis, much as Andro wants to go ASAP.

Oh, there is no trace of that ship you say the enemy raider escaped in on Cassilis, Roan. Nor does anyone in the Council have any idea about who she may have been.

-

"Our esteemed leader of the Synod is stepping down after many years," says Sienar, drawing his hood across his skull-exposed face. "There have been many requests for me to stand for election to the position."

Sienar suddenly pitches forwards, Gallagher- he leands heavily against you for support, and you hear him breathing heavily for some moments. He then stands back to his full height.

"We were hooing for this news on your return, your eminence," says the priest. "The people are ready for your announcement! We have prepared transport for your return to the Basilica."

BtVS

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2008 11:54 AM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Well then, I will follow Trorn, making sure Sunda is at my side as well

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2008 03:34 PM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote