KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » DVD Talk » Why do people buy several copies?

Why do people buy several copies?
Started by: Darth Martin

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Martin

Why do people buy several copies?

What's the point in buying more than one copy of one movie on dvd?

Old Post Oct 15th, 2008 03:06 PM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

Well it depends i have two copies of Rotk becouse the other one is extended. SW fans have a few becouse the movies change alot.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2008 12:51 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

The only time I have bought a dvd that I all ready own was with Reservoir Dogs and that was only because of the 15th anniversary edition with the gas can case.

I tend to wait for a bit now to make sure I get the dvd with the best features and best case.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2008 02:12 PM
T.M is currently offline Click here to Send T.M a Private Message Find more posts by T.M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Markus Corvinus
Restricted

Account Restricted

Some are psychotic, some buy extras as copies for others.

"Major, a great writer once said; "There are clefts in the rock where we see the back part of God and tremble." There's no training for what you saw out there because it's not an enemy that confronts us. It's a new power, let loose through a crack in the cliff of nature's mystery."

Old Post Oct 17th, 2008 06:04 AM
Markus Corvinus is currently offline Click here to Send Markus Corvinus a Private Message Find more posts by Markus Corvinus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

No I'm talking about like with Iron Man someone will buy 2-4 copies of the same movie in one day.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2008 05:38 PM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

thats up to them if they wanna wast money let them

Old Post Oct 19th, 2008 07:32 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

The only DVD I have more than one copy of is Reservoir Dogs. I have the 2 disk special edition and I have the 15th anniversary edition with the gas can case. The only time I will buy more than one copy is if a seriously cool edition is released.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2008 04:35 PM
T.M is currently offline Click here to Send T.M a Private Message Find more posts by T.M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

That's what I did with Reservoir Dogs, but usually if a nicer edition of a film I like comes out, I'll sell the one I have and use that towards the new edition. Hardly ever happens though because I usually find out all the editions before I buy or wait until a new one is released that will probably happen with some films.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2008 04:52 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Re: Why do people buy several copies?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Martin

Because I like extra stuff....like when you order a regular hamburger...why order extra bacon, cheese, grill onions, etc....? you know...it tastes even better.

...I always like more.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2008 04:57 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

He is more, why buy FOUR copies of the same film, instead of just one special edition with all the extras on(that you like WD)...

Old Post Oct 21st, 2008 04:59 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

Originally posted by MildPossession
That's what I did with Reservoir Dogs, but usually if a nicer edition of a film I like comes out, I'll sell the one I have and use that towards the new edition. Hardly ever happens though because I usually find out all the editions before I buy or wait until a new one is released that will probably happen with some films.

I couldn't sell my 2 disk Reservoir Dogs though because it is part of a set with Pulp Fiction and Jackie Brown.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2008 07:38 PM
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ooo I wouldn't sell mine, it's one of the collection where you can get Mr. Brown, Mr. Orange and so on as single characters on the front cover.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2008 08:19 PM
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

I have wanted the Mr. Pink one of those for ages. Haven't been able to find it anywhere.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2008 09:01 PM
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think that is the hardest one to get out of the lot. I got Mr. Orange.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2008 10:18 PM
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

Must be, I have seen most of the other ones but never a Mr. Pink

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2008 09:33 AM
NESJohnny
Restricted

Account Restricted

Topic reminds me of a garage sale I went to once. This fellow had 15-20 copies of several Disney movies (Fantasia, Lion King, etc.) and I asked him why he had so many. He said "Oh, you know how it is, you're out shopping and you can't remember which movies you have."

Um, if I had purchased a movie 12 unique times already, I think it would sink in. He seemed like a perfectly normal guy otherwise.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2008 10:46 PM
NESJohnny is currently offline Click here to Send NESJohnny a Private Message Find more posts by NESJohnny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

Having more then one copy is a waste of space

Old Post Oct 31st, 2008 12:10 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Darth Martin

I buy several copies because (1) for my family, as they want a copy as well, (2) to sell on eBay (3) different editions have different stuff than standard dvd

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Oct 31st, 2008 10:04 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

I've never been one to buy multiple copies of the same movie for selling purposes.

However, I have bought the same movie multiple times because newer editions came out. I would sell the old one later.

I feel bad for T.M, who's looking for the Mr. Pink edition of Reservoir Dogs. I sold mine when I got the gas can DVD. I didn't see a need to collecting all of those 'cause it's the same DVD with different slip covers.

I have two copies of Donnie Darko and Daredevil because I want the original and the director's cuts of them. I have two copies of A Nightmare on Elm Street, one is in the box set and the other is the SE with loads of features.
Originally posted by NESJohnny
Topic reminds me of a garage sale I went to once. This fellow had 15-20 copies of several Disney movies (Fantasia, Lion King, etc.) and I asked him why he had so many. He said "Oh, you know how it is, you're out shopping and you can't remember which movies you have."

Um, if I had purchased a movie 12 unique times already, I think it would sink in. He seemed like a perfectly normal guy otherwise.

I think he was lying to you. People know those Disney movies are going back to the Disney Vault and will become valuable when they do. So buy extra copies to sell later when people really want them.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2008 04:40 PM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

I'm talking about for let's say "The Dark Knight", people say they'll be getting 2-3 copies of the same film, ediution, on the same day. Why?

Old Post Nov 25th, 2008 08:07 PM