KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » OMACS vs Sentinals

OMACS vs Sentinals
Started by: dman2008

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
dman2008
Free Agent

OMACS vs Sentinals

Both of thse machines have been sent to destroy eacother which of them wins.

300 OMACs

vs

250 Sentinals

I would have to say that the Sentinals would win

Old Post Oct 29th, 2005 10:07 PM
dman2008 is currently offline Click here to Send dman2008 a Private Message Find more posts by dman2008 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Re: OMACS vs Sentinals

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dman2008
Both of thse machines have been sent to destroy eacother which of them wins.

300 OMACs

vs

250 Sentinals

I would have to say that the Sentinals would win

Well theres many different types of Sentinel. Theres standard (which itself came in many different versions) Omegas (which DC seems to have ripped off of to give you the OMACS) and theres Nimrod.

With that in mind the Sentinels.

Even if it was the standard Sentinels theyd still win against the OMACS I.M.O

Last edited by GalacticStorm on Oct 29th, 2005 at 10:22 PM

Old Post Oct 29th, 2005 10:14 PM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dman2008
Free Agent

The setinals are standard

Old Post Oct 29th, 2005 10:18 PM
dman2008 is currently offline Click here to Send dman2008 a Private Message Find more posts by dman2008 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

OMACs

I may be wrong but I don't think a Sentinel could put the Eradicator in a coma in one hit.

Last edited by HaSon on Oct 29th, 2005 at 10:28 PM

Old Post Oct 29th, 2005 10:25 PM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Originally posted by The Ion
OMACs

I may be wrong but I don't think a Sentinel could put the Eradicator in a coma in one hit.

Youre very wrong. OMACS couldnt even scratch Wonder woman who despite her immense strength isnt the most invulnerable of both companies powerhouses. Theres no way the likes of Colossus, Namor and other Marvel powerhouses could stand around and take the full firepower from a Sentinel.

I read both DC and Marvel. From what ive seen of the OMACS theres no way they win against the Sentinels.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2005 10:33 PM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jgiant
Subject is Lethal

Yeah OMACS are pretty hardcore...

Old Post Oct 29th, 2005 10:35 PM
jgiant is currently offline Click here to Send jgiant a Private Message Find more posts by jgiant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Youre very wrong. OMACS couldnt even scratch Wonder woman who despite her immense strength isnt the most invulnerable of both companies powerhouses. Theres no way the likes of Colossus, Namor and other Marvel powerhouses could stand around and take the full firepower from a Sentinel.

I read both DC and Marvel. From what ive seen of the OMACS theres no way they win against the Sentinels.

Diana has similar durability to Thor. Only thing that really hurts her are sharp objects...and punches from Superman. WW 219 should have silenced any doubts about the damage Diana can take. Eradicator has Superman stats in all areas and he's sitting in a hospital right now. There's no way a Sentinel is doing that to Eradicator.

Last edited by HaSon on Oct 29th, 2005 at 10:45 PM

Old Post Oct 29th, 2005 10:41 PM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Diana has similar durability to Thor. Only thing that really hurts her are sharp objects...and punches from Superman. WW 219 should have silenced any doubts about the damage Diana can take. Eradicator has Superman stats in all areas and he's sitting in a hospital right now. There's no way a Sentinel is doing that to Eradicator.

Sentinels can kill invulnerable powerhouses. Nothing ive seen of the OMACS tells me that they could take out the Sentinels. One on one a Sentinel would obliterate an OMAC. These numbers are nearly even so id give it to the Sentinels.

Being able to take a few punches from Superman diesnt place you on Thors level of durability. WW is also more susceptible to energy based weapons which Sentinels have in abundance.

In WW 221 WW shrugged off the OMACS energy blasters and other attacks like they were nothing and she stated that nothing in their arsenal could fase her. As aforementioned Thor could not stand there and be left completely unfased by a Sentinel unleashing its full arsenal on him.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2005 10:55 PM
HaSon

Being able to take a few punches from Superman diesnt place you on Thors level of durability.

You're right considering Thor got leveled by Superman in a canon crossover. laughing

Old Post Oct 29th, 2005 10:57 PM
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

You're right considering Thor got leveled by Superman in a canon crossover. laughing

Hardly the case. As it stands lets say Thor and Di are of similar durability. The OMACS cant phase DI in the slightest as stated on panel in WW 221. Thor couldnt stand around and let a Sentinel unleash their full power on him.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2005 11:01 PM
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sentinels can kill invulnerable powerhouses. Nothing ive seen of the OMACS tells me that they could take out the Sentinels. One on one a Sentinel would obliterate an OMAC. These numbers are nearly even so id give it to the Sentinels.

Being able to take a few punches from Superman diesnt place you on Thors level of durability. WW is also more susceptible to energy based weapons which Sentinels have in abundance.

In WW 221 WW shrugged off the OMACS energy blasters and other attacks like they were nothing and she stated that nothing in their arsenal could fase her. As aforementioned Thor could not stand there and be left completely unfased by a Sentinel unleashing its full arsenal on him.

No taking a few hits from Supes doesn't place you at Thors level of durability but.......... I think you are selling Wonderwoman very short.

Nimrod class sentinels have the edge - I don't think standard ones do.

smile

herd behavior is a comical thing - Thanks Silver Spider

Old Post Oct 29th, 2005 11:02 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

That's the convience of their weaponry. Just because an OMAC can't phase a top tier DC hero (even though they put another in a coma) doesn't mean they can't take a Sentinel. That's like saying Stargirl is more powerful and effective than Superman because she can manipulate solar energy.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2005 11:04 PM
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Originally posted by Whurlysplat
No taking a few hits from Supes doesn't place you at Thors level of durability but.......... I think you are selling Wonderwoman very short.

Nimrod class sentinels have the edge - I don't think standard ones do.

smile

Nimrod class Sentinels are beyond OMACS no contest. Standard Sentinels by all appearances have more firepower and strangth than the OMACS. They cant fase Di in the slightest whereas Sentinels can lay a hurting on class 100 characters in Marvel.

How does Diana compare to the Eradicator?

Old Post Oct 29th, 2005 11:05 PM
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nimrod class Sentinels are beyond OMACS no contest. Standard Sentinels by all appearances have more firepower and strangth than the OMACS. They cant fase Di in the slightest whereas Sentinels can lay a hurting on class 100 characters in Marvel.

How does Diana compare to the Eradicator?

very equal the Eradicator is really in many ways more powerful smile

I have seen a Sentinel taken down by the likes of Beast and Wolverine alone, thats really not a good argument your giving.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2005 11:09 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

Not well. Superman has never proven able to beat Eradicator in a head to head fight. He always used trickery. In the same issue Eradicator got put in a coma by the OMAC he was throwing million ton icebergs at Superman and Superboy.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2005 11:11 PM
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Originally posted by Whurlysplat
very equal the Eradicator is really in many ways more powerful smile

I have seen a Sentinel taken down by the likes of Beast and Wolverine alone, thats really not a good argument your giving.

The OMACS have had some very bad showings as well against the likes of Beast Boy. So it goes both ways.

I'll post some scans tomorrow. Right now this is going nowhere without some visual aid. big grin

Old Post Oct 29th, 2005 11:13 PM
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Not well. Superman has never proven able to beat Eradicator in a head to head fight. He always used trickery. In the same issue Eradicator got put in a coma by the OMAC he was throwing million ton icebergs at Superman and Superboy.

agreed eradicator is probably more powerful than Diana in most ways her magic though makes her difficult to beat though.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2005 11:13 PM
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

Eradicator is more powerful than Diana, and physically, he is quite a bit above her level. The omac hit him from behind, and eradicator was still weak and confused. Still, it says something about an Omacs level of strength. I don't think they are as durable though. Output>Input in their case.

Sentinels aren't any different, but I can't see any regular Sentinel knocking out Eradicator.
Omacs win for now.

Humans are afraid of the dark.
And yet… At the same time, we’re fascinated and bewitched by it.
Maybe that’s why humans drink the darkness that is coffee.

Last edited by Avlon on Oct 30th, 2005 at 09:22 PM

Old Post Oct 30th, 2005 09:18 PM
Avlon is currently offline Click here to Send Avlon a Private Message Find more posts by Avlon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wynndar
ThunderCat

Omacs are kinda inconsistent. I have the issue with Eradicator and he was showing an edge against Superman and Superboy simultaneously...After he temporarily takes them out of the fight the Omac takes him out with a single punch. I dont have the issue with Diana but if she fought it off with ease likse some people are illustrating, it doesnt make sense at all.

Furthermore, Sentinels have been uber inconsistent as well. However, during phase one and two of Onslaught, those sentinels were kicking ass. Magneto(Joseph) and Classic Rogue were nearly killed by a single Sentinel but saved by Dr Doom. In the Phase one issue of F4, there is a panel of Doom watching a Sentinel taking on the Human Torch, Mr Fantastic, Thor, Spiderman, the Wasp, maybe some other people too...Thats a pretty powerful team in itself.

Both the Omacs and Sentinels are pretty formidable at their highest showings. I honestly cant say which one's superior though.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2005 09:33 PM
Wynndar is currently offline Click here to Send Wynndar a Private Message Find more posts by Wynndar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Wynndar
Omacs are kinda inconsistent. I have the issue with Eradicator and he was showing an edge against Superman and Superboy simultaneously...After he temporarily takes them out of the fight the Omac takes him out with a single punch. I dont have the issue with Diana but if she fought it off with ease likse some people are illustrating, it doesnt make sense at all.

Furthermore, Sentinels have been uber inconsistent as well. However, during phase one and two of Onslaught, those sentinels were kicking ass. Magneto(Joseph) and Classic Rogue were nearly killed by a single Sentinel but saved by Dr Doom. In the Phase one issue of F4, there is a panel of Doom watching a Sentinel taking on the Human Torch, Mr Fantastic, Thor, Spiderman, the Wasp, maybe some other people too...Thats a pretty powerful team in itself.

Both the Omacs and Sentinels are pretty formidable at their highest showings. I honestly cant say which one's superior though.

agreed

the old blank \omac from the 80's would lose though - anyone remember that

Old Post Oct 30th, 2005 09:39 PM