KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » dark phoenix vs galactus

dark phoenix vs galactus
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
galactus 17 35.42%
dark phoenix 29 60.42%
draw 1 2.08%
double KO 1 2.08%
Total: 48 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

dark phoenix vs galactus
Started by: steverules

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (19): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
steverules
The doctor

dark phoenix vs galactus

The two powerful one's go at it.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2005 10:40 AM
steverules is currently offline Click here to Send steverules a Private Message Find more posts by steverules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix_Avatar9
Spark of Creation

Dp

Old Post Nov 1st, 2005 12:34 PM
Phoenix_Avatar9 is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix_Avatar9 a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix_Avatar9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ZephroCarnelian

Neither would die. But Big G would probably be defeated. smile

The REAL Men on KMC - Whirly, Juntai, Darkcrawler, Avalon...

Old Post Nov 1st, 2005 12:37 PM
ZephroCarnelian is currently offline Click here to Send ZephroCarnelian a Private Message Find more posts by ZephroCarnelian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ZephroCarnelian
Neither would die. But Big G would probably be defeated. smile

Creator Vs Creation. Or are you unaware of current continuity my friend? He would die horribly. laughing out loud

Old Post Nov 1st, 2005 01:08 PM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ZephroCarnelian

So what about the whole, him being a integral part of the Universe thing that everyone keeps throwing around...?

Old Post Nov 1st, 2005 01:13 PM
ZephroCarnelian is currently offline Click here to Send ZephroCarnelian a Private Message Find more posts by ZephroCarnelian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

So what about the whole, him being a integral part of the Universe thing that everyone keeps throwing around...?

If he dies then Abraxas is released thats all. Abraxas will then destroy (or at least attempt to) the universe. Galactus' death doesnt automatically bring about the end of the universe as if he was its lifeline. I think you misinterpreted the comments of others which is why you should always go by on panel evidence as opposed to hearsay.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2005 01:23 PM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ZephroCarnelian

The problem is, when it comes to Phoenix/BigG and other cosmic beings, no-one brings any scans to the fray.

Which is why I don't like it that so many cosmic threads abound.

Likewise with Supes Prime etc - no-one posts any evidence to support anything. They just say stuff, which may or may not be construed as fact.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2005 01:31 PM
Ultimate Rage
I AM MADE OF RAGE

Originally posted by GalacticStorm
If he dies then Abraxas is released thats all. Abraxas will then destroy (or at least attempt to) the universe. Galactus' death doesnt automatically bring about the end of the universe as if he was its lifeline. I think you misinterpreted the comments of others which is why you should always go by on panel evidence as opposed to hearsay.

Phoenix is silver surfer level......no more then that...galactus punked her...you made up x-men forever....its not even continuity.... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Nov 1st, 2005 01:31 PM
Ultimate Rage is currently offline Click here to Send Ultimate Rage a Private Message Find more posts by Ultimate Rage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Originally posted by RAGE17
Phoenix is silver surfer level......no more then that...galactus punked her...you made up x-men forever....its not even continuity.... roll eyes (sarcastic)

You dont have the skills to bait me son. wink

Old Post Nov 1st, 2005 01:48 PM
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

The problem is, when it comes to Phoenix/BigG and other cosmic beings, no-one brings any scans to the fray.

Which is why I don't like it that so many cosmic threads abound.

Likewise with Supes Prime etc - no-one posts any evidence to support anything. They just say stuff, which may or may not be construed as fact.

I post many scans and quote from comics, youre just never around enough to benefit from them. To be fair though the stuff i claim is current continuity and has been for over 3 years now. As a comic fan one would think you'd be more aware of this subject.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2005 01:51 PM
Ultimate Rage
I AM MADE OF RAGE

You dont have the skills to bait me son. wink

dammit we are both 21!!!!!!!!!!

Old Post Nov 1st, 2005 01:54 PM
Ultimate Rage is currently offline Click here to Send Ultimate Rage a Private Message Find more posts by Ultimate Rage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

dammit we are both 21!!!!!!!!!!

You sure about that mate? Your posts dont exactly help your case. wink

Old Post Nov 1st, 2005 01:55 PM
Ultimate Rage
I AM MADE OF RAGE

You sure about that mate? Your posts dont exactly help your case. wink

the fact that i will have master's next year does.... wink and yet again i offer you my help come to philli and i will cure you of your weird obsession with a female fictional character.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2005 01:59 PM
kgkg
Vigilante

Big G wins

Fact is Phoenix attacked a weak Galactus and even then she knew she couldn't take him.

Why do you think she attack G when he was weak?

cuz she can't take him

Here is Phoenix saying she can't take Big G that

Phoenix max is surpassed by Galactus who was weak by the way big grin

tho there is no more Dark Phoenix current should take him.

As I have been saying creating this and that doesn't mean shit in battle.

As Darkpho was draying powers of life unborn still saying her powers can’t handle weak galactus

cool

Attachment: 1.jpg
This has been downloaded 222 time(s).

Stay Thirsty, My Friends.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2005 02:03 PM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ultimate Rage
I AM MADE OF RAGE

Originally posted by kgkg
Big G wins

Fact is Phoenix attacked a weak Galactus and even then she knew she couldn't take him.

Why do you think she attack G when he was weak?

cuz she can't take him

Here is Phoenix saying she can't take Big G that

Phoenix max is surpassed by Galactus who was weak by the way big grin

tho there is no more Dark Phoenix current should take him.

As I have been saying creating this and that doesn't mean shit in battle.

As Darkpho was draying powers of life unborn still saying her powers can’t handle weak galactus

cool

yes finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thank you sir......

Old Post Nov 1st, 2005 02:05 PM
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

the fact that i will have master's next year does.... wink and yet again i offer you my help come to philli and i will cure you of your weird obsession with a female fictional character.

Well rather an appreciation for an interesting character as opposed to suffering delsusions of being said character and having homo erotic images of them for my sig. Whatever floats you boat mate. smile You'll get no hating from me. smile

Old Post Nov 1st, 2005 02:08 PM
ZephroCarnelian

Awesome scan Kg! thumb up

And GS - you've got quite a talent at sounding condescending.

I'm sorry if I'm not up on current X-Men continuity. I'm married and have more important things to spend my money on than a comic series I have only vague interest in. smile

Old Post Nov 1st, 2005 02:10 PM
steverules
The doctor

I finally make a good vs thread.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2005 02:12 PM
steverules is currently offline Click here to Send steverules a Private Message Find more posts by steverules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Awesome scan Kg! thumb up

And GS - you've got quite a talent at sounding condescending.

I'm sorry if I'm not up on current X-Men continuity. I'm married and have more important things to spend my money on than a comic series I have only vague interest in. smile

Well until youre sufficiently clued up on said comics it would be a good idea to refrain from spouting opinions on them. Wouldnt you agree?

Old Post Nov 1st, 2005 02:13 PM
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Phoenix has fought Galactus on 2 occassions and came out the better in both encounters.

The first occassion was in a what if called What If Phoenix rose again. In it instead of killing herself Jean Grey allowed the Shi'ar to perform a psychic lobotomy on herself removing all parts of her brain which were responsible for her psionic powers. Jean Grey fought against Galactus after the Shi'ar asked for the Xmens aid in defeating the planet eater. Jean Grey had up to that point been powerless after the surgery but as Cyclops was about to be killed by Terrax, her phoenix power emerged again. She quickly dispatched Terrax and then went on to fight Galactus and she stated that because of the lobotomy her powers were at that point relatively limited to the point where she wasnt sure if she could beat Galactus, however she said that her powers increased along a geometric curve every time she used them. Galactus and Phoenix fought and Phoenix got the better of him. While his efforts were shrugged off Phoenix caused him pain. He then tried to forge an alliance with Phoenix claiming them to be equals. Bear in mind that this was a limited Phoenix yet in this state her power equalled Galactus at that point. She went on to destroy his machinery and Galactus left the planet for an easier meal claiming that he couldnt be bothered with the effort and that had he stayed he could eventually dispatch Phoenix. A limited Phoenix versus a hungry Galactus and Phoenix clearly got the better of him and caused him to abandon his meal. Phoenix went on to continue using her power in missions and as she said it increased to its previous levels. She went on to revert to Dark Phoenix and after killing the Xmen went on to destroy the universe "destroying everything in her path". At that point Galactus obviously became a non factor.

In their second encounter which occurred in Excalibur #61 Phoenix fought Galactus again because he was about to consume a planet. The two fought and while Galactus' blasts had no effect Phoenixes blasts hit home and Galactus was leaking energy from his armour Phoenix was fine and Galactus talked his way out of the fight by telling Phoenix that she's just as bad as him if not worse because he may eat planets but she draws energy from future generations "life yet born":

"""Here i lie exhausted from our struggle while you are neither weary nor hungry because you tap into a source of near limitless potential. The sea of life yet born""

Galactus may not have been at full power during this encounter but even so his efforts had no effect on phoenix and what you must remember is that even if he was Galactus' energy source is finite while he burns up his energies and would eventually tire and run out of power, Phoenix could keep on going and be just fine at the end of it as shown by Galactus' comments here. If the battle continued it is fair to assume that Galactus would have been destroyed.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2005 02:13 PM