KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Tournament: The "Other" Match

Tournament: The "Other" Match
Started by: DigiMark007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Digi
Forum Leader

Tongue Tournament: The "Other" Match

Laminator VS. Khellendros VS. Scoobless

Battle Location: Each of the 3 contestants can pick their battle location from any that have been used during the tournament to try and gain an advantage. People reading the debates should take into account any and all arguments, even if they occur in different environments. The battle locations used so far are: Moscow, Swiss Alps (near a cliff), Forests of Canada, Grand Canyon (opposites side of a river), Anti-Gravity Chamber, Baseball Dome, Playboy Mansion, Sahara Desert, HKH's backyard (a vast wilderness, complete with adamantium/vibranium weapones of every sort), Washington St. Bridge in New York, Meat Locker (-10 degrees Celcius), Giant Trampoline, Abandoned Amusement Park, Hell In a Cell (adamantium cage), and an open field. Have fun.

No prep.

Scoobless –
Name: The Scarlet Cyborg
General Grievous (body) - http://comics.ign.com/objects/739/739481.html
http://www.supershadow.com/pictures...ievous_ep3.html
http://www.answers.com/topic/general-grievous
Scarlet Spider - http://www.samruby.com/Heroes/Scarl...arletspider.htm
Kull Warrior - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kull_Warrior
http://www.gateworld.net/omnipedia/...lwarriors.shtml
http://www.nationmaster.com/encyclopedia/Kull-Warriors
Equipment: Lightsabers (4), Kull armor, wrist cannons (2), web shooters (2), impact webbing, paralysis stingers
Character Notes: The Kull armor only covers 2 of Grievous' arms. The wrist cannons fire mid-level bursts of energy, capable of searing flesh and causing moderate concussive damage. The stingers can pierce normal skin but will not penetrate most types of armor. They cause the body to become significantly paralyzed, but the affect can be countered efficiently by most healing factors.
Kull armor: The armor negates nearly all energy attacks, and severly dulls high-level energy attacks. It can be pierced by anything harder/sharper than hard forms of metal, but resists regular bullets. Repeated concussive force (punches, grenades, etc.) can and will jar the wearer significantly.
Lightsabers: Can cut through flesh fairly easily and light types of armor and/or weaponry. However, nigh-indestructible materials such as adamantium, promethium, vibranium, or similarly tough substances will stop a lightsaber, and most armor and metal will slow the blades but not completely stop them (titanium, most types of armor, etc.)
Spidey’s reaction: Easily dodge attacks from untrained opponents, and can dodge bullets/arrows/well trained opponents a modest amount of the time. Innate ‘warning’ system will also allow him to deflect or partially avoid blows or projectiles a modest amount of the time, thus incurring less-than-total damage from the blow/projectile

Khellendros -
Name: Grailnighter
The Midnighter (body) - http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/m/midnghtr.htm
Blink - http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/chara...sp?fldAuto=1497
Grail - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grail_%28comics%29
Equipment: Collapsible staff, 12 shurikens, 12 mini-javelins
Character Notes: Blink - Blink can teleport herself, but cannot teleport another person (parts or whole). She can, however, teleport objects hurled at her if she has the skill to pick them off in the air before they hit her. Her projectiles can significantly damage a person, with the molecular displacement affect acting as a moderate concussive force. 4-5 such projectiles can impact with the force of a standard grenade (enough to blow up or at least significantly damage, say, a car). Individual projectiles will cause damage to any substance (even the uber-tough stuff) but denser materials (diamond, adamantium, etc.) will be damaged but remain essentially intact unless totally bombarded with projectiles (i.e. highly unlikely).

Laminator -
Name: GODLIKE
Leto Atreides II - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leto_Atreides_II
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandtrout
Vanth DS - http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/d/dredstar.htm
Benedict of Amber (body?) - http://members.fortunecity.com/jwqh/amber.htm
http://paradox.of.arden.tripod.com/amber.html
Equipment: Benedict’s equipment is whatever is state-of-the-art for that period in history. In this case, Laminator has chosen standard equipment of a Navy SEAL Sniper Unit. Vanth DS’s sword, laser pistol, Vanth’s suit (acts as armor), Semi-automatic rifle with scope, Colt .45 sidearm, SOG combat knife, spare knife, night vision goggles, 40mm grenades (2 explosive, 2 flash), spare magazines for guns (with armor piercing rounds), first-aid kit
Character Notes: The Voice is banned (one of Leto's powers). Leto is not fully developed in this stage. He has tough skin, durable enough to take little damage from a regular bullet. His strength is roughly 5 Tons give or take some. The prescience can act as an advanced pre-cog (kinda like spider-sense) but cannot block others' pre-cogs.
Vanth Dreadstar - The sword boosts the character's normal strength levels by about 10x. Still nowhere near many of the picks, and probably somewhere just under 1 Ton. It can absorb most energy attacks, but only those where it receives the blow (i.e. if the energy hits Vanth himself it'll hurt him). It can then redirect the energy with similar force. Vanth can heal slightly faster than normal, but still nowhere near Wolverine levels

GRRrrr.... Good luck. Hopefully we get some good fighting in this match, even though it might be a bit of a let-down.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2005 02:12 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Laminator_X
Once & Future KMC Hawkeye

"cant block others' pre-cogs?"

Not that I'm in a position to argue, but since when? This limit was not in place in either the "Bonus Round" or in Dizzle's first round match. Why would this not be OK when it's acceptable for Venom's symbiote to sidestep Spiderman's SS?

The previous limitation of Leto's Prescience was:
quote:

Leto's pre-cog can be used to aid him in battle (similar to a spider-sense or MN'ers implants that allow him to analyze the battle) but cannot be used to avoid an outcome of death every time.

Sorry if this sounds whiny, but this is kind of out of left field. What's the deal here?

I'm also a little confused about this "pick our ground" business. Are we supposed to decide amonst ourselves? Are we having three separate fights?

...You are Number Six. Respect Popeye

Last edited by Laminator_X on Nov 10th, 2005 at 02:34 AM

Old Post Nov 10th, 2005 02:27 AM
Laminator_X is currently offline Click here to Send Laminator_X a Private Message Find more posts by Laminator_X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

As clarification, Leto's prescience only blocks people's precog on HIM, much the same as Venom to Spiderman. It doesn't negate precog entirely, it just doesn't work on him.

Vote GODLIKE, for a better tomorrow! Mainly because if you do, Rainbow Bright won't eat your children!
(he's also the best fighter, as well as the strongest, fastest, and best energy-projecting (single blast strength) guy here. BRING IT ON!!!)

(hey, worked for Jinzin... hehehe, jk jin)

DarkCrawler is my hero... RESPECT LEONARD NIMOY!!!

Old Post Nov 10th, 2005 02:55 AM
Dizzle is currently offline Click here to Send Dizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Dizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Laminator_X
I'm also a little confused about this "pick our ground" business. Are we supposed to decide amonst ourselves? Are we having three separate fights?

yeah... are we all arguing from seperate battlefields? or are we to decide on one?

i mean... if one of us picks the cage... and another the desert.... how can that work? the guy in the cage saays "you can't run away" where the guy in the desert says "i run around kicking up sand"... then cage guy responds with "there's no sand in my cage"

confused

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Nov 10th, 2005 03:10 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

hold on a sec... i thought Lam had to go back to his original guy for this fight

hmmm... if he gets to stay swapped, can i maybe use some of the discarded characters or weapons?

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Nov 10th, 2005 03:14 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

GODLIKE won the bonus round, so you fight GODLIKE. Plain and simple. Cuz if you really think about it, should someone who lost in the first round really have much of a chance against someone who made it to the semi finals without improvements?

Yeah, I'm not liking the multistage ideas... I vote we all agree on the Playboy Mansion, so that someone WITHOUT a gay guy and a female can enjoy the prize from winning there. (coughKHELLcough)

Course, should GODLIKE win, one guy's 10 and anothers a couple thousand. So it's like pedophilia and cradle robbing at the same time...

Then again, if you think even more, Scoob's got a robot and an alien. And Khell's been there before, and completely squandered the opportunity.

HKH's back yard it is!

Old Post Nov 10th, 2005 03:22 AM
Dizzle is currently offline Click here to Send Dizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Dizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Oh. It seems we have some misunderstanding. Honestly, I figured you'd all just go with it since it's not the finals but here we go...

Leto's pre-cog thing. Dizzle never used the "block other pre-cog" argument, so it never came up until you got him. Operating within different universes, with different sets of rules (the Dune universe and Marvel/DC/etc.) I think it would be unfair to just blanket anyone else with "I can block your pre-cog" without having any sort of precedent for it to prove it true or false. That was my justification for it. The stipulations for it that you quoted should allow you to argue just fine though.

....now....the battlefield thing.

No, you don't all agree on a battlefield. You can choose any you wish (possibly even more than one). Votes are still primarily expected to be about amalgam strength and debating, but they can also factor in how much each combatant uses a particular environment to his advantage.

Example: Say Khell picks Canada and Scoob picks the Playboy Mansion...maybe they each have an advantage in their respective location. But Scoob can also argue against Khell in Canada to defeat his "environment-advantage" arguments, while continuing to support his own arguments in any battlefield. Khell can do the same...and Laminator too. ...The votes, then, should take into account respective strength of everyone's arguments in all of the environments and conditions.

Think of it as getting ported to each battlefield and having to make a case for them all...except it'll only be the 3 or 4 locations that you guys pick instead of all of them. Most of the environments don't make much difference, but if they do you can take advantage of it...

Hope that helps. I realize it's still confusing but part of me wanted it that way. evil face

P.S. I hadn't even thought about Lam going back to his original guy. Not sure we decided what would happen there. If you guys can come to a consensus of switching back I'd be happy to change it, but I thought GODLIKE was here to stay....since technically it was kinda cheating, but we justified the switch because he doesn't have a shot at going for the title of the tourney.

Last edited by Digi on Nov 10th, 2005 at 03:41 AM

Old Post Nov 10th, 2005 03:38 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

Okay then. You f*ckers come get me in HKH's backyard after I pick up a pair of adamantium katanas with monomolecular, regenerating cutting edges (I'm assuming we only have access to melee weapons and not something insane like an adamantium A-bomb). evil face

Last edited by Khellendros on Nov 10th, 2005 at 03:47 AM

Old Post Nov 10th, 2005 03:45 AM
Khellendros is currently offline Click here to Send Khellendros a Private Message Find more posts by Khellendros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

I thought the trading in the bonus round was specifically made so that the winner there would have a chance here (since it really isn't the finals, as you said). Someone asked about Lam going back earlier, and I thought we already agreed that he isn't.

And if he does, is it really fair? I mean, Ben Dreadcrawler didn't win the bonus round, GODLIKE did. Could Dreadcrawler take out Mauler? Would KVD have remained silent if there had been no trade? Would the world have NEVER known the glory of Rainbow Bright? Exactly. GODLIKE just rules all of you.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2005 03:48 AM
K Von Doom
Second fiddle

Khell... pick the anti-grav chamber... your teleportation gives you a massive advantage roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Nov 10th, 2005 03:49 AM
K Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send K Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by K Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

Originally posted by K Von Doom
Khell... pick the anti-grav chamber... your teleportation gives you a massive advantage roll eyes (sarcastic)

laughing out loud

Tempting, but I think I'll take my two weapons experts and stick around in the friggin armory of adamantium weapons.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2005 03:51 AM
Khellendros is currently offline Click here to Send Khellendros a Private Message Find more posts by Khellendros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by DigiMark007
P.S. I hadn't even thought about Lam going back to his original guy. Not sure we decided what would happen there. If you guys can come to a consensus of switching back I'd be happy to change it, but I thought GODLIKE was here to stay....since technically it was kinda cheating, but we justified the switch because he doesn't have a shot at going for the title of the tourney.

meh... looks like he actually gave up teleporting and agility for a little extra fighting skill.... i might have tried to vary my powers more if i got to switch... rather than decrease them

stick out tongue

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Nov 10th, 2005 03:53 AM
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

Originally posted by Khellendros
Okay then. You f*ckers come get me in HKH's backyard after I pick up a pair of adamantium katanas with monomolecular, regenerating cutting edges (I'm assuming we only have access to melee weapons and not something insane like an adamantium A-bomb). evil face

Would an adamantium A-bomb do anything? The explosion happens, the adamantium is strong enough to contain it. Radiation probly wouldn't even leak out. It would just be a big thing to throw at people.

2 Katanas? Blah. GODLIKE picks up another sword similar to Vanth's (to offset your 2 blades) and charges right in. 2 indestructible swords meet 2 indestructible swords. Class 30 strength meets class 100. A normal lifespan of experience meets several millenia of experience. And so on, and so forth. evil face GODLIKE still rules you.

Next? smile

Old Post Nov 10th, 2005 03:53 AM
K Von Doom
Second fiddle

Originally posted by Dizzle
Would KVD have remained silent if there had been no trade?

The trade was cool with me. My silence had nothing to do with the trade.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2005 03:55 AM
K Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send K Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by K Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

Originally posted by Dizzle
Would an adamantium A-bomb do anything? The explosion happens, the adamantium is strong enough to contain it. Radiation probly wouldn't even leak out. It would just be a big thing to throw at people.

2 Katanas? Blah. GODLIKE picks up another sword similar to Vanth's (to offset your 2 blades) and charges right in. 2 indestructible swords meet 2 indestructible swords. Class 30 strength meets class 100. A normal lifespan of experience meets several millenia of experience. And so on, and so forth. evil face GODLIKE still rules you.

Next? smile

Oh, hey, that sounds good. I'll just wipe his flesh off his skeleton with a blast of chi when he comes in for the attack, then.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2005 03:57 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

Yeah, only melee stuff in HKH's yard. But pretty much any melee weapon you could think of.

And I'm allowing myself to vote in this match. Hehe...even with Godlike's upgrade, I'm not completely sold on him. And while Benedict is almost certainly the best fighter in the match, facing other universes weapons experts (like Grievous or MN'er for example) combined with other powers, and his advantage might not be insurmountable...a lot will depend on the debates.

P.S. I thought Laminator was in charge of GODLIKE Dizzle....lol

Old Post Nov 10th, 2005 03:59 AM
Scoobless
sselboocS

Scarlet Fever (sticking with the name change cool ) would flat out OWN in the anti-grav chamber..... magnetic feet, spider sticky powers and Grievous's experience in space means i can run, jump and fight just like normal ... while these other guys spin upside down and throw up all over the place

Adamantium cage match means theres nowhere to run away when i start the insane lightsaber spinning attack

but as my opponents have started in the HKH's yard i'll join in there

As Lam is running at Khell, Khell's whacked on his Chi field giving Lam nowhere to go but backwards.... which is where i cut him off

focusing on khell Lam i approach quickly with four blades spinning at lightning speeds ... if he stands still he's caught between Fever and Nighter, if he advances Nighter's Chi field fries him, if he retreats my sabers will cut him to pieces

evil face

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Nov 10th, 2005 04:12 AM
Laminator_X

Ok I'm back.

First: I encourage Dizzle to debate on my behalf. GODLIKE wouldn't have been possable without him, and frankly I'm really busy these couple weeks and would just as well not have other folks claims unanswered for 8-10 our stretches here an there. GO TEAM LITERATURE!

Second: I'm down with HKH's back yard, I like losts of space and weapons. I'd at home in the 0-gee space thanks to Dreadstar though. Really, there're no bad environments for me.

Third: Barring Digi catagorically barring it, I'm arguing for bypassing Scarlet's SS due to my prescience. If you need a precedent outside of Dune (where three different types of precogs and cairavoyants all failed to forsee or scry him) I say look to the Bonus Round. I stated it quite clearly in my openning post in and noone had any objections or even questionned/challenged it. Espionage and Shadow Warrior 2099 both got bushwacked and noone seemed to think it was unfair or complain.

Fourth: Nice sandwich scenario guys, damn shame it wont work. I'll wheel and go for Scarlet first and he'll find out how humiliating it is to try to block an energy absorbing weapon with a lightsaber. I'll sail right through his parry, slpit him in half from brain to bum, and whirl to block whatever Grailnighter was throwing at me.

Finally: In case anyone's forgotten here's GODLIKE's bio:
quote:

GODLIKE is stonger, faster, and vastly more skilled than everyone else in this round!

In addition to Benedict's millenia of constant combat, he carries Leto II's ancestral memories of hundreds of generations of Fremen (deasert warriors who easily clobbered the galaxy's most elite shock troopers) on his mother's side and Bene Gesserit (martial artists thousands of years beyond our current techniques, immune to pain and capable of geting the drop on the aforementioned Fremen) on his father's side.

Also, his prescience (precog+postcog+clairavoyance) is so powerful that it blinds other precogs! They have no sense of him, from the Navigators who guide spaceships through hyperspace, to Leto's own father whose similar power
enabled him to overcome his eyes being burned out, to all these jokers with spider-sense! He'll know everyone else's abilities and weaknesses, but noone else will have any warning of his attacks. Lots of people with spider-sense are going to be shot in the back ot their heads without warning.

GODLIKE will be constantly moving at high speeds. The sandtrout-symbiote enabled 10-year-old Leto to run at tornament-maxing speeds. Benedict's body is faster than a world-class runner to begin with, and then gets a 10x strength boost from Dreadstar's sword on top of that. He will be a blur! His Amberite + Bene-Gesserit-training reflexes will let him react and maneuver effectively at high speeds. With his prescience to guide him he won't be walking into any ambushes like Flash getting stabbed by Deathstroke either. The other combattants will only see him in brief flashes as he appears to absorb an enegy blast that someone else dodged to powerup his sword, to throw a random weapon clean-through somebody's back, or to blast someone with his sword or Radium Laser.

Anyone whom he does choose to engage man-to-man will be easily dispatched by his unrivalled skills backed by power-meshed 90ton+ strength. Some opponents would find themselves with broken wrists or dislocated shoulders just from trying to parry GODLIKE's mighty blows.

Any attack that does manage to come near him will have to get past Dreadstar's sword, Dreadstar's armor (face-shield closed), and the sandtrout carapace; assuming he doesn't just dodge in the first place.

Everyone's going down!

Old Post Nov 10th, 2005 06:35 AM
Laminator_X is currently offline Click here to Send Laminator_X a Private Message Find more posts by Laminator_X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Godlike is taking names and kickign ass.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2005 06:58 AM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Laminator_X

Since it's been so long since my original bout with jinzin, I'll repost a few scans here for those unfamilliar with my characters. Here's Vanth Dreadstar parrying multiple energy blasts simultaniously while returning fire with his radium laser. Something to thing to keep in mind here is that Vanth is actually the slowest and least skilled of my amalgam's components.

Attachment: vanthparry.jpg
This has been downloaded 127 time(s).

Old Post Nov 10th, 2005 01:31 PM