KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » Tom Welling To Be 'Superman'

Tom Welling To Be 'Superman'
Started by: Mr Zero

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mr Zero
Darth Xero

Tom Welling To Be 'Superman'

Sorry to interupt the pre-school blah VS blah circle jerk with some movie news but ...

Tom Welling ('Smallville') talked to MTV online at Sunday's Teen Choice Awards that he's signed on for a movie but is not allowed to discuss it, fueling rumors that he will star in X-Men director Bryan Singer's new Superman movie.

"I'm sworn to secrecy," Welling said with a smile. "It's too early." A spokesperson for Warner Bros. said the role has not yet been cast. Welling, in the meantime, will continue playing Clark Kent on the small screen. "We have a couple new characters [this season]," he said. "Lois Lane will be visiting Smallville, which keeps things interesting for Clark. ... And Clark isn't necessarily earthbound this season."

Old Post Aug 15th, 2004 01:15 AM
Mr Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mane
Restricted

Account Restricted

sweet.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2004 01:31 AM
Mane is currently offline Click here to Send Mane a Private Message Find more posts by Mane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mpatterson

iam not shall tom welling looks and his the young superman

Old Post Aug 16th, 2004 04:09 AM
mpatterson is currently offline Click here to Send mpatterson a Private Message Find more posts by mpatterson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
badsymbiote
AMERICA EATS ITS YOUNG

quote:
Originally posted by Mane
sweet.

Yeah--what he said

Old Post Aug 16th, 2004 06:51 AM
badsymbiote is currently offline Click here to Send badsymbiote a Private Message Find more posts by badsymbiote Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spawnie

I don't know where is this coming from cuz I read an article where the same guy was saying that he wasn't interested in the part.

Here's that news:
August 5, 2004: Comics2Film points out an article at Superman-V.com that claims director Bryan Singer has offered Smallville star (and fanboy fave) Tom Welling the title role in Superman Returns. The offer is reportedly a two-picture deal but, as Superman-V points out, "Welling has shown a reluctancy towards playing SuperMAN and from what we hear from our source that is still the case and it is unlikely that he will accept. With Singer and the Donners on board and rumours of Christopher Reeve being involved Welling MIGHT change his mind but we haven't heard anything to indicate that is the case." Dark Horizons recently claimed that actors Eddie Cibrian (Third Watch) and Christopher Douglas (Passions) are also in the running to play Superman. Superman Returns begins filming later this year in Australia for a 2006 release. Dan Harris & Mike Dougherty will script.

Although Pat Moran + Associates are accepting open submissions from both actors and non-actors, auditions are by appointment only. Auditions will be held the week of August 16th through August 20th.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2004 10:18 AM
Spawnie is currently offline Click here to Send Spawnie a Private Message Find more posts by Spawnie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Magee

awww crap, Tom Welling? He's so skinny!! He's good for a teen superman but for adult we need muscle, go on put foam or some other shit under his costume, it will look stupid.
quote:
Lois Lane will be visiting Smallville
Woah! Lois Lane, very cool. Cant wait for that, but im not up to date with smallville. Last time i saw it Clark was a bad wittle baby,robbing banks and shit...
quote:
And Clark isn't necessarily earthbound this season
yay!!! Do u think he can fly now?

Old Post Aug 16th, 2004 12:21 PM
Magee is currently offline Click here to Send Magee a Private Message Find more posts by Magee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Zero
Darth Xero

quote:
Originally posted by Spawnie
I don't know where is this coming from cuz I read an article where the same guy was saying that he wasn't interested in the part.

Here's that news:
August 5, 2004: Comics2Film points out an article at Superman-V.com

This news broke yesterday - its by no means official but looking more likely... I for one wouldnt mind: It makes sense and toms a fine Kal El.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2004 12:46 PM
Mr Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Zero
Darth Xero

quote:
Originally posted by mpatterson
iam not shall tom welling looks and his the young superman

Yeah--what he said

Old Post Aug 16th, 2004 12:47 PM
Mane
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Originally posted by Magee
awww crap, Tom Welling? He's so skinny!! He's good for a teen superman but for adult we need muscle, go on put foam or some other shit under his costume, it will look stupid.

he only plays a teenager. hes like 27 in real life. and hes actually pretty ripped. i think hes perfect.
quote:
Originally posted by Magee
im not up to date with smallville. Last time i saw it Clark was a bad wittle baby,robbing banks and shit...

yeah that was when he had the Red Kryptonite ring. as opposed to weakening him, it made him rebellious. but then Kal's father gave John Kent superpowers so that he could physically take Clark down.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2004 02:34 PM
Mane is currently offline Click here to Send Mane a Private Message Find more posts by Mane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Magee

Yea i remember seeing that aswell, half way threw it i had to go out. Is that every episode up to that?

Last edited by Magee on Aug 16th, 2004 at 04:30 PM

Old Post Aug 16th, 2004 04:28 PM
Magee is currently offline Click here to Send Magee a Private Message Find more posts by Magee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

if they're seriously considering taking tom welling into a superman film, they should first put him in a gym for about a year.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2004 07:47 AM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

If he really is going to be superman, then this movie loses all possibility of being good, even with Singers touch. I mean Superman is a MAN not a boy. anyway i heard he was casted on for a small part in the movie.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2004 08:37 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shadow_King
-

i think if tom welling does it wont do great and it wont do good. it wont make more money than X-men 2 i bet.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2004 08:41 AM
Shadow_King is currently offline Click here to Send Shadow_King a Private Message Find more posts by Shadow_King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mane
Restricted

Account Restricted

i think Tom Welling is an awesome choice. he looks like Clark and if he bulked up a bit, he would be perfect.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2004 11:56 AM
Punkyhermy
like memory in motion

Great!He is a good choice!

Old Post Aug 29th, 2004 02:27 PM
Punkyhermy is currently offline Click here to Send Punkyhermy a Private Message Find more posts by Punkyhermy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

he is a boy. I mean i would atleast think the standard casting decesion for a Superman, would call for someone could pass off an apearance that they are in their mid to late 20's. No matter how much make up or bulking this kid goes through, he will still apear to be in his teens or someone who just turned 20. How can you really take Superman serious if he appears to be a boy?

Old Post Aug 30th, 2004 03:19 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mane
Restricted

Account Restricted

dude, Tom Welling is 27 years old.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2004 03:24 AM
jinXed by JaNx

I know,but he looks like an underdeveloped man.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2004 03:26 AM
Spawnie

I know what u mean, but he looks like the best choice for now. I don't know make a suggestion, cuz Tom is really good in Smallville. The guy that plays Lex is a great actor, I hate that biotch from next door she is too perfect. What's a guy have to do to get some tongue action dammit! All the powers in the world can't help him to get laid with that nice girl. Hey don't reveal too much about smallvill cuz we're on the first season here in croatia. Can u guys tell me how many seasons of Smallville r out there? is the show over?

Old Post Aug 30th, 2004 01:14 PM
Spawnie is currently offline Click here to Send Spawnie a Private Message Find more posts by Spawnie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Paola
Ronin

moving to Superman forum...

by Scythe

Old Post Aug 30th, 2004 02:18 PM
Paola is currently offline Click here to Send Paola a Private Message Find more posts by Paola Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote