KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Philosophical messages

Philosophical messages
Started by: SithHappens

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SithHappens

Philosophical messages

I could use some help, and I could think of no better place to ask but here smile . I'm currently taking Film Analysis and every quarter we have to wholly analyze a particular film or, in this case, series. I've done the SW: OT already this year and now I've chosen to do The Matrix series.

I've already written many major points of my paper, but I am missing a few things that I could use help with.

I've discussed, in depth, the debate of choice versus causality presented in Reloaded.

I've also analyzed the message of purpose with lines like
"We're all here to do what we're all here to do." and
quote:
No denying purpose; because, as we both know, without purpose we would not exist. It is purpose that created us; Purpose that connects us; Purpose that pulls us; that guides us, drives us, it is purpose that defines, purpose that binds us. We are here because of you, we are here to take from you what you tried to take from us: purpose.

But I am missing one (perhaps more) of the major messages: love. Reloaded and Revolutions both seem to carry a message about love, but I can't really word it right.

It is shown in Reloaded through, mainly, Merv's wife. And Neo's choice. But I feel it is also present in Revolutions. I want to try and use this line in my paper:
quote:
Why Mr. Anderson? Why? Why? Why do you do it? Why? Why get up? Why keep fighting? Do you believe you are fighting for something? For more than your survival? Can you tell me what it is? Do you even know? Is it freedom? Or truth? Perhaps peace? Could it be for love? Illusions Mr. Anderson, vagaries of perception. Temporary constructs of a feeble human intellect trying desperately to justify an existence that is without meaning or purpose. And all of them artificial as the Matrix itself. Although, only a human mind could invent something as insipid as love. You must be able to see it Mr. Anderson, you must know it by now. You can't win, it's pointless to keep fighting. Why Mr. Anderson? Why? Why do you persist?

If you could help me with the love thing, and any other topics you feel my paper couldn't be without, I would be much obliged.

There is no death; there is the Force.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2006 03:10 AM
SithHappens is currently offline Click here to Send SithHappens a Private Message Find more posts by SithHappens Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morpheus
The Gospel R3L0AD3D

cool
thumb up thumb up thumb up

She doesn't quite chop your head off. She makes a Pez dispenser out of you.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2006 04:00 AM
Morpheus is currently offline Click here to Send Morpheus a Private Message Find more posts by Morpheus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RoviJ

Just off the top of my head:

" . . "Love" is not a feeling, its a word used to express you attachment to an item . . )

so not right but along those lines . .

Old Post Feb 26th, 2006 03:49 PM
RoviJ is currently offline Click here to Send RoviJ a Private Message Find more posts by RoviJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote