KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » Avi Arad on Brett Ratner Directing X3

Avi Arad on Brett Ratner Directing X3
Started by: king_arthur

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
king_arthur

Avi Arad on Brett Ratner Directing X3

Marvel CEO Avi Arad talks about X3 director Brett Ratner and how he feels about fans judging him too quickly.

Idiots," he says plainly, before continuing. "Idiots."

"Did you see 'Red Dragon?' Did you see that?" Arad asks, referring to Ratner's reasonably well-reviewed Hannibal Lecter remake. "And you saw 'Family Man,' which is totally different, a very emotional story. Then, you have two giant comedies. What are they thinking? This is a great filmmaker. Do you know how much experience this guy has? Let alone his new Jessica Simpson video? This guy knows what he's doing."

"Brett Ratner came onto this thing and from the get-go, you felt experience," notes Arad. "He's made lots of changes in the script that are very good, because he's thinking picture, not words. He's very cinematic."

"Tell me a director they didn't go after," he challenges. "Maybe the only guy who got away with it was Sam [Raimi]. When Bryan [Singer] came on board the first time? Oh boy."

"So far, so good," he chuckles. "Give us a little break. Not much, just a little bit."

Old Post Jul 13th, 2005 10:48 AM
king_arthur is currently offline Click here to Send king_arthur a Private Message Find more posts by king_arthur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
munkiesarus
swimming upstream

HE directed that new Jessica Simpson video? That carwash thing? laughing out loud Talk about a great resume.

Red Dragon was good, a nice mystery thriller. Not bad for a prequel, too, which usually suck.

Family Man, is that the one where Nicolas Cage wakes up with another family? It looked cute, I never saw it.

"Thinking picture and not words"...guys, Avi Arad just told us this movie is gonna have killer effects. Right there. Maybe not so much Quentin Tarantino dialogue, but at least we know Jean's gonna look cool.

Speaking of Tarantino, that'd be ****ing BRILLIANT for X3. I'm seeing a showdown between Psylocke and Spiral stick out tongue.

Well, I think Avi Arad has it somewhat under control. If he thinks we should shut up because all these rumours are popping up, then well they probably ARE rumors.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2005 04:09 PM
munkiesarus is currently offline Click here to Send munkiesarus a Private Message Find more posts by munkiesarus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
buffymitch
Colossus

I think Avi arad used a very wrong word. ofcourse fans are gonn have their doubts about any new director. Even if Steven Spielberg was doin this there would be some objections.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2005 02:36 AM
buffymitch is currently offline Click here to Send buffymitch a Private Message Find more posts by buffymitch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
king_arthur

I liked Red Dragon and Rush Hour 1&2 but After the Sunset was such a let down.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2005 09:10 AM
king_arthur is currently offline Click here to Send king_arthur a Private Message Find more posts by king_arthur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lordofwar

I think he did great direction in the Family Man and Red Dragon. I think he is passionate about the work he does. Even in Rush Hour you can feel the touch of the director. He will do a great X-men 3.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2005 01:09 AM
lordofwar is currently offline Click here to Send lordofwar a Private Message Find more posts by lordofwar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote