KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Role Playing Forum » Spike's Dragon Ball 2000 Sign-up thread

Spike's Dragon Ball 2000 Sign-up thread
Started by: SpikeSpiegel

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

Spike's Dragon Ball 2000 Sign-up thread

Hey, this is the Sign-up thread to my Dragon Ball 2000 story – set over a millennium after the events of the original series. There is a new threat rising, and all the heroes of old, the heroes of legend…are gone. But thanks to a courageous young boy new heroes dormant powers are awakening – your powers.

Character Creation

Name
Pretty self explanatory really, it’s your characters name. Please don’t use any of the names from the original DB/Z/GT series, make your own name for your own character – you’ll find out why sometime in the story.

How old you are, again pretty self explanatory.

Appearance
What you look like. Go into as much detail as you like, hair style/colour, height, clothes etc.

Job
What your character does before their powers are awakened.

Blood-type
What ancient power is in your body:-
None/Fully human - A normal human being, the average fighter.
Health – 100
Ki – 25
Attack – 10
Defence – 10
Speed – 15

Part-Sayain – A descendant from the sayain race, over a thousand years ago. Nobody knows if there are any left, or if it’s just legend. You won’t even know yourself that you’re a sayain warrior, until your powers awaken. Strong attack, but weak defence.
Health – 100
Ki – 25
Attack – 15
Defence – 8
Speed – 15

Part-Namekian – You’re just a normal human, who has volunteered for a scientific research project. Apparently, they’ve discovered a new type of drug that will allow people to re-grow limbs, you jumped at the chance to be a test subject…unfortunately it doesn’t seem to have worked…and you’ve noticed your completion has turned a kind of green colour…
Health – 125
Ki – 25
Attack – 10
Defence – 15
Speed – 15

Part-Majin – After the ‘Namek’ project failed, the scientists tried something else – the ‘Majin’ project. Strong, but slow
Health – 100
Ki – 25
Attack – 15
Defence – 10
Speed – 13

Stat modifiers
You each have 10 points to spend on improving your stats. What they each do is pretty self explanatory, the actual combat system will come in the next post.

Moves

To start with you have only 2 points to spend on moves, as you grow stronger throughout the story you will gain XP, which will allow you access to more stats and more moves, and stronger moves, and transformations. At the minute you only have access to the Lv. 1 moveset. You all can do the basic stuff – guard, dodge, fly, punch, kick, throw, duck, through a Ki blast, these all take 1 speed to perform. Here are the special moves.

Lv. 1 moves

Teleportation kick – 1 speed and 3 Ki to perform, teleport behind the target and launch a kick, Unblockable.

Solar flare – 1 speed and 5 Ki to perform, reduces target speed by 5, delaying any attacks and disorientating the enemy.

Charge – X speed and 0 Ki to perform, does damage + X to target.

Beam Cannon – 2 speed and 5 Ki to perform, fires a straight beam at your target, that does damage + D6 roll to target.

Kamehameha – 5 speed and 10 Ki to perform, fires a beam of energy at your target, does 2x damage to target.

Galick Gun – same as kamehameha

Buster Cannon – same as kamehameha

D-Bomb – 5 speed and 10 Ki to perform, fires a ball of energy at a target that explodes on contact doing damage + D6 to target and damage to all other people in a 3x3x1 area.

I'm not going there to die. I'm going there to see if I really am alive.
Check my Bio for my stories [Last Updated - 27th July 2008]

Old Post Sep 20th, 2005 06:49 PM
SpikeSpiegel is currently offline Click here to Send SpikeSpiegel a Private Message Find more posts by SpikeSpiegel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

The Combat System

OK, here’s the bit that may seem complicated, but really it’s not……….well, maybe a little bit.

The combat arena

The arena in any combat situation is a 3d shape, like a cube. You can move about freely anywhere inside it, by saying “X flies to 3Dg” for example, which would be three across from the north facing wall (X-axis), 4 spaces inwards, and 7 spaces up in the air. The size of the arena, and any objects which lie inside, such as walls, buildings etc. will be noted before the fight begins.

It’s worth pointing out that you can only move 5 spaces in any direction in any one turn.

The sequences of battle

Each battle is split into rounds. Each round starts at the highest speed and counts downwards from there, with different actions taking different amounts of speed. For example, Goku uses a kamehameha on Vegeta, this move takes 5 speed, so if Goku’s speed is 20, he would be venerable to attack until the speed reached 15. If Vegeta can’t act until after then or can’t attack Goku in time then he will be hit by the blast.

If two people attack at the same time then something else will happen, eg. A beam struggle, which will happen if two people fire a beam at the same time. Or a showdown, if two people use a attack at the same time. These will be resolved by the person who has the strongest attack having the advantage, followed my several dice rolls to see who wins. The attack will do 2x strength for the winner.

Ki and health will be put into percentages for battle purposes. Ki will slowly recover over time – 20% each round, but health won’t.

There is also something else, called Fatigue. Take enough damage, use too much Ki at one go, take too hard of a hit, and you’ll get fatigue points, these make you receive more damage from attacks, and make your attacks cost more. Certain items can reduce fatigue in a battle. Hit 10 Fatigue points and you’re KO’d and unable to act for 3 rounds.

Example battle

Goku
Health – 25
Ki – 25
Attack – 15
Defence – 8
Speed – 20

Vegeta
Health – 20
Ki – 25
Attack – 18
Defence – 15
Speed – 15

Round 1, Speed 20

Goku: H = 100%, K = 100%, F = 0
Vegeta: H = 100%, K = 100%, F = 0

Goku uses a solar flare on Vegeta. It works and Vegeta’s speed is reduced to 10. Goku’s speed is now 19, his Ki is down to 20.

Round 1, Speed 19

Goku: H = 100%, K = 80%, F = 0

Goku launches a Kamehameha attack, this will not be fired until speed 14.

Round 1, Speed 14

Goku: H = 100%, K = 40%, F = 0

Goku pulls back his hands forming a cup shape, “Ka…..me….ha….me……………HA!” He throws his hands forwards and a bright blue beam of energy flies towards Vegeta. Vegeta is blinded and can’t avoid or guard against the blow. It hits for 22 damage* and is KO’d.

*- This was a very quick basic match. I set their health low to show you guys what the system was like.

I think that’s everything. Any questions?

Old Post Sep 20th, 2005 06:50 PM
SpikeSpiegel is currently offline Click here to Send SpikeSpiegel a Private Message Find more posts by SpikeSpiegel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spelljammer
Restricted

Account Restricted

This actually sounds very cool, I like how you've developed the races though personaly for flavour I'd call namekians, saiyans, and majins aliens.. but that's just me.. Perhaps later through exprience and lucky die rolls (I have every dice immaginable and be more then happy to help as assistant game master) we can gain items? Cause I know power sense would have to be a skill require points (I bet you're going to make this where we have to choose skill points or stat points.. which i'm well aware and fond of..) so I'd probably want to save up my money and buy a scouter. If you want, I can also send you some PMs for ideas of alternate races that appear commonly in Dragonball. "Demons" such as Garlic Jr, Dabura, and Pilaf, and "Furries" which were mostly in DB. Kais and androids (all 3 varaints) could also be races but only as npcs.. But here's my character..

(please log in to view the image)
Splenda.
Sex: Male
Age: 20 years old. Saiyans are always difficult to tell thier age and he's not exactly comfertable with sharing ANY information about himself.
Race: Saiyan.
Attacks: Teleporation kick, Charge.
Splenda has knowledge of the saiyan race but somehow can't find others like him. Because they look just like humans (besides the obvious tail at birth which can be removed) he has to do a blood-test because obviously for social normalities the tail will be removed.. Splenda knows something happens to saiyans during a full moon but doesn't know what because he can never remember. Though he believes it has something to do with these monster attacks there have been sightings of.. Splenda wants to learn as much as he can about his monster transformation so he can manipulate when and if it happens and have a heads up against his corrupt goverment. Splenda hates his job and all the losers who asskiss their way to getting bigger paychecks in it..

Old Post Sep 20th, 2005 07:43 PM
Spelljammer is currently offline Click here to Send Spelljammer a Private Message Find more posts by Spelljammer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkDethbringer
Kakow how you like me now

Name: Narrik Malnar
Appearance: Tall Black hair with Red streaks wears White robe with hood coverring face, and his chest which is muscular is shown
Job : Ancient Warrior/ Guardian of Light
Blood-type
Part-Sayain – A descendant from the sayain race, over a thousand years ago. Nobody knows if there are any left, or if it’s just legend. You won’t even know yourself that you’re a sayain warrior, until your powers awaken. Strong attack, but weak defence.
Health – 100
Ki – 25
Attack – 16
Defence – 11
Speed – 16
MOVES:Beam Cannon – 2 speed and 5 Ki to perform, fires a straight beam at your target, that does damage + D6 roll to target.

Kamehameha – 5 speed and 10 Ki to perform, fires a beam of energy at your target, does 2x damage to target.

well for now at least,

I'm unsure if i will stay for too long

Old Post Sep 21st, 2005 12:47 AM
DarkDethbringer is currently offline Click here to Send DarkDethbringer a Private Message Find more posts by DarkDethbringer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spelljammer
Restricted

Account Restricted

Heh, sounds like"mal-nourished" XD

Old Post Sep 21st, 2005 01:03 AM
Spelljammer is currently offline Click here to Send Spelljammer a Private Message Find more posts by Spelljammer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~Forever*Alone~
Empress

name: Andrea
gander: female
appearence: shoulder lenght blond hair with a streak of pink on the left side, is 5'7'', usually only ever wears a martial arts uniform or a coffe shop uniform but sometimes just a mini-t and jeans. has blue green eyes.
job: works in a coffee shop full time while trying to figure out what to do with her life and is a begginer in martial arts.
Health – 100
Ki – 25
Attack – 15
Defence – 8
Speed – 15 (+10 right?)

attacks: teleportation kick, and charge.

does this work?

Old Post Sep 21st, 2005 03:49 AM
~Forever*Alone~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~Forever*Alone~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~Forever*Alone~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkDethbringer

~see! to many Saiyna salready! and no Nameks/humans/majins!!!

well for now at least,

Old Post Sep 21st, 2005 04:16 AM
DarkDethbringer is currently offline Click here to Send DarkDethbringer a Private Message Find more posts by DarkDethbringer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spelljammer
Restricted

Account Restricted

marie should probably be some other race, for one, andrea isn't a very "saiyan" name. most saiyans are named after some type of vegetable, secondly, girl saiyans cannot go super, though i'm more concerned about the oozaru form then super, as I trust the dbz logic of post-Frieza saga that a super saiyan only emerges every 1000 years..

Hence why i named myself Splenda after the artifical sweetner. Splenda is the molecule of a sugar that has the least impact on blood glucose levels, ever notice how the more evil the character, the higher in carbs thier food-name was?

Frieza and his henchmen were named after fruits and snackfoods.
The Ginyu Force dairy products.
Garlic Jr and his mionions.
Pilaf (rice, noticed he stayed evil.)

So in retrospect, i'm a pretty nice guy in comparison. stick out tongue

Old Post Sep 21st, 2005 04:38 AM
DarkDethbringer

Females can go Supe Saiyna Pan did and also I agree with that thing on Villains! The King Piccolo saga had instruments! like Tamberine and Flute or osmething... and such it is lame yet funny how they do that!

well for now at least,

Old Post Sep 21st, 2005 04:43 AM
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

Yeah, and that theme of bad guys named after different types of things is going to continue here. I was afraid that I'ld end up with too many sayains, which is why I tried to make them a bit weaker than other races, and give other races more bonus's, but I don't want to over strengthen the other races.

To start off, no-one will be able to become Super sayain, that'll come later, at least towards the end of the first saga, but as it's been over 1000 years since the last regestered super sayain appeared it's not going to be easy.

Maybe I'll give each race a special bonus like:
Human - can start with 3 different moves
Namekian - can regenerate (heal) fully at the cost of 75% Ki energy and 10 speed.
Majin - Can use 'absorb' which costs 10% Ki and 3 Speed, and gives them any one of the targets moves as a bonus.
Sayain - can turn super sayain, but only after extreme trails, tests of character, and getting very powerful. Increases all stats by 5, reverts to normal after recieving 5 fatigue.

And as of over a milenia of inbreeding sayains just look like normal people...as in no tails.....yet shifty ...................................I've got 'big' plans for that wink

Spelljammer, just need your stats. You get 10 points to spend on what you like.

In regard to items, there will be some. You'll get them through the course of the game. Like senzu beans, scouters etc. And as you gain XP you'll level up, allowing you to gain better stats, more move-slots, more same level moves, higher level moves, transformations, more basic attacks etc.

If anyone has any suggestions I'ld be more than happy to hear them, after all a game can't go on without players.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2005 03:10 PM
Mannequin Sin
Ninjas, yo.

Name:Zax Ryukuo
Appearance: Waist length red spikey hair, green eyes, and seen usually in normal civillian clothes. Height would be 5'9.
Job: Street racing/Mechanic
Blood Type: Part-Majin
Statistics:
Health – 100
Ki – 25
Attack – 15
Defence – 10 +4
Speed – 13 +2
Moves: Charge, Buster Cannon

Old Post Sep 21st, 2005 04:47 PM
Mannequin Sin is currently offline Click here to Send Mannequin Sin a Private Message Find more posts by Mannequin Sin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spelljammer
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well, sense you're going more after the prior-GT theory where saiyans start losing thier tail but just tend to be stronger overall and can possibly go super, I'll be a majin. I liked the whole mark of the beast type feel to them anyway..

(please log in to view the image)
Splenda.
Sex: Male
Race: Majin.
Age: 20 years old. Saiyans are always difficult to tell thier age and he's not exactly comfertable with sharing ANY information about himself.
Race: Saiyan.
Attacks: Teleporation kick, Charge.
Special: Absorb Energy.
Stats:
Health: 100.
Ki-25.
Attack-16.
Defence-18.
Speed-16.
Splenda is a psychopathic shaman who use to do body therapy at a new-age herb shop. He would absorb people's ki which would cause them to grow tired and relaxed. What they thought was a theroputic massage was actually Splenda trying to make himself stronger. His absorbtion of energies caused him to begin to hear voices from the devil. Voices that gave him commands on who to fight and hunt down, and how to release the beast. Splenda now has made it his mission to see to the beast's release. And kill anyone who gets in his way..

Old Post Sep 21st, 2005 07:27 PM
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

Good, I like your back story. I was going to have peoples powers waking up, but I like what you've got your character doing.

Remember peps, whatever your character does will be fit in to the story. Well, maybe not this first saga. It's just sorta a warm up one, return of the need for heroes and the quest for dragonballs, a crazy immortal, super powered cult loon threatening the world. Ya'know, the usual

Old Post Sep 21st, 2005 08:10 PM
Mannequin Sin
Ninjas, yo.

~All that and my character has to do illegal street races. Lol. Just messing around with you Spike. This rp sounds like it's going to be good.~

Old Post Sep 21st, 2005 08:15 PM
Mannequin Sin is currently offline Click here to Send Mannequin Sin a Private Message Find more posts by Mannequin Sin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

Cheers, Just gonna wait a couple of days. See if there's any more interest before starting. First saga's going to be called the Leydon Saga. The bad guy and all his top minions are names after cheeses stick out tongue

Old Post Sep 21st, 2005 08:19 PM
sayiamon
I'm back! Did ya miss me?

I'LL JOIN!

Here is the character:
Name: John Greenwood
Nickname:Majin
Appearance: blonde spiky hair, green T-shirt, Blue jeans
Job : Scientist
Blood-type – Part-Majin – After the ‘Namek’ project failed, the scientists tried something else – the ‘Majin’ project. Strong, but slow
Health – 100
Ki – 25
Attack – 15
Defence – 10
Speed – 13
MOVES: Majin anger{uncontrolable}, kai fist, Protozohameha
Bio: His parents were test subjects for the majin project. He was born during it and now has uncontrolable anger were an "M" appears on his head. In this form, it doesn't matter who he kills. to him, the planet must be destroyed. He became a scientist to create a cure for the "majin disease" as he calls it.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2005 10:39 PM
sayiamon is currently offline Click here to Send sayiamon a Private Message Find more posts by sayiamon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spelljammer
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SpikeSpiegel
Cheers, Just gonna wait a couple of days. See if there's any more interest before starting. First saga's going to be called the Leydon Saga. The bad guy and all his top minions are names after cheeses stick out tongue

Glad i'm in this then. My diet consists 80% eggs and cheese.

Not kidding, I can eat like half a dozen eggs or a 1lb of cheese as a energy fuel after workouts. XD

Old Post Sep 21st, 2005 10:57 PM
~Forever*Alone~
Empress

ok so you want people too many to not be saiyin? well too bad. already other people changed from saiyin to somthin else already so i stayin saiyin. if thats all right with you? you can do what you want with me i dont mind.

name: Andrea
appearence: shoulder lenght blond hair with a streak of pink on the left side, is 5'7'', usually only ever wears a martial arts uniform or a coffe shop uniform but sometimes just a pink mini-t and jeans. has blue green eyes.
job: works in a coffee shop full time while trying to figure out what to do with her life and is a begginer in martial arts.
Health – 100
Ki – 25
Attack – 15
Defence – 8
Speed – 15 (+10 right?)

attacks: teleportation kick, and charge.

bio: she grew up in the same city shes making coffee in and practicing martial arts in. she doesn't know about her saiyin heritage and niether did her parents so thats why she isnt a vegetable!(sillly spelljammer) she seems to be surprisingly good at martial arts even though she is just a beginner...shifty

hows that? anything you wanna change mister spiegel?

does this work?

Old Post Sep 21st, 2005 11:28 PM
~Forever*Alone~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~Forever*Alone~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~Forever*Alone~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spelljammer
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm on marie's team! She's a feisty one. wink stick out tongue

Old Post Sep 21st, 2005 11:45 PM
sayiamon
I'm back! Did ya miss me?

Could someone be half {Insert half race here} And half {Insert other half race here}? I mean could you be half of 2 things?

Old Post Sep 21st, 2005 11:56 PM
sayiamon is currently offline Click here to Send sayiamon a Private Message Find more posts by sayiamon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote