KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » Your favorite Superman incarnation

Your favorite Superman incarnation
Started by: DirectorFitz

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DirectorFitz

Your favorite Superman incarnation

I'll start...

The best Incarnation I've seen is Alex Ross' Superman. He captures the right image of Superman. Superman isn't ripped to the max...he just has a hefty build, and he appears to be over human, when dressed as Superman, and he blends in perfectly with humans dressed as Clark Kent.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2004 09:32 PM
DirectorFitz is currently offline Click here to Send DirectorFitz a Private Message Find more posts by DirectorFitz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Whittdawg92
Intellectual Terrorist

duh superman prime.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2005 07:02 AM
Whittdawg92 is currently offline Click here to Send Whittdawg92 a Private Message Find more posts by Whittdawg92 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Indy_Knight

Chris Reeve is the perfect Superman. Any other actor taking on the role are always compared to Reeve.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2005 05:17 PM
Indy_Knight is currently offline Click here to Send Indy_Knight a Private Message Find more posts by Indy_Knight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
goku-vs-superma
The Comic Book King

i love superman 1,000,000!!! he rocks! he has powers from th 5th dimension and other stuff!!!! the fact that he looks cool doesn't hurt either!

Old Post Feb 1st, 2005 03:45 PM
goku-vs-superma is currently offline Click here to Send goku-vs-superma a Private Message Find more posts by goku-vs-superma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

ross or reeve... both quality...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2005 10:53 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
harnelo
hubba hubba

ross or jurgens

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2005 07:42 PM
harnelo is currently offline Click here to Send harnelo a Private Message Find more posts by harnelo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hegemon875
Archvillain

precrisis superman prime, the original hero.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2005 03:16 AM
Hegemon875 is currently offline Click here to Send Hegemon875 a Private Message Find more posts by Hegemon875 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

Prime. He's the BEST

Old Post Mar 9th, 2005 10:31 AM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

i love the way jim lee draws superman... he does a really good job of making superman look powewrful without having massive muscles...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Mar 9th, 2005 07:17 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

Old Post Mar 10th, 2005 10:03 AM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ironman
Restricted

Account Restricted

would eradicator count if not i am sorry then id have to say kc supes

Old Post Mar 11th, 2005 04:02 AM
Ironman is currently offline Click here to Send Ironman a Private Message Find more posts by Ironman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Byrne era Superman.
Brought Superman back after Crisis with new life and boundless energy.
Byrne's strength as a writer is taking previously established ideas, and tweaking/spinning/modernizing them.
He had almost 50 years of materisl to work with in Superman.
Things like Clark having been a HS football star, not being a nerd, his parents being alive, Lex as a conniving businessman, Kryptonians as truely alien in their outlook...the list goes on.
Thats not even getting into the more "realistic" power set and the fresh takes on rogues other than Lex and giving personalities to his supporting cast that stood out against each other and helped drive stories.
Pure genius.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2015 12:04 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

I agree with riv that the Byrne era Superman was the best. At least, he was to me. He wasn't massively overpowered but he was still the top dog in DC and the stories of that era were much better than the ones nowadays or even ones a decade ago. I also love the animated series (including Justice League and JLU) and Smallville.

Most people believe Evolution not because they themselves are dumb, but cause they trust the "experts" who are feeding them evolutionary fast food, and so they don't bother questioning whether or not it's true.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2015 12:32 PM
Star428 is currently offline Click here to Send Star428 a Private Message Find more posts by Star428 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Costume: MOS / Dcnu Superman. Oh Lordy I luv that armor-looking, no-undies design.

Writing: Byrne / Animated series Superman.

Artist: Michael Turner (RIP).

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2015 12:34 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Honestly, i really like the movie and comics body stocking look. It's really streamlined.

Speaking of Byrne, he had a habit of trashing Supes' cape. The red undoes design looked good without a cape, and the low neckline.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2015 11:07 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by riv6672
Honestly, i really like the movie and comics body stocking look. It's really streamlined.

Speaking of Byrne, he had a habit of trashing Supes' cape. The red undoes design looked good without a cape, and the low neckline.
That's when his costume most resembles the ol' circus performer look, likely what it was modeled after.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2015 12:32 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

YES! Exactly! thumb up smile

Old Post Jan 27th, 2015 01:07 PM
SSJGGogeta

Does Superboy Prime count? Or Superman Prime, later on? He's my favorite. A psychotic, sadistic, hero-killing maniac version of Superman? Duh, he's the best.

"Why is everybody so ****ing stupid?"- Kim Jong Il, Team America.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2015 05:33 AM
SSJGGogeta is currently offline Click here to Send SSJGGogeta a Private Message Find more posts by SSJGGogeta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Awfully telling choices. thumb up

Old Post Jan 29th, 2015 11:34 AM