KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » USH'S ORIGINAL TRILOGY GAME EPISODE I 'LANZAR'- Imperial Thread

USH'S ORIGINAL TRILOGY GAME EPISODE I 'LANZAR'- Imperial Thread
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (372): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

USH'S ORIGINAL TRILOGY GAME EPISODE I 'LANZAR'- Imperial Thread

It is a time of peace in the Empire. Under the paternal leadership of the Emperor, the galaxy is going through a new age of prosperity. Even so, there are malcontents and renegades in the outer regions that spread sedition and foment rebellion.

The influence of this "rebel alliance" has reached the world of Lanzar. Goaded by their lies, the Osokans have risen up against their democratically elected leader Matadan. Now a political renegade called Drakkon controls Lanzar and Matadan has been executed for treason following a show trial.

Shocked and sickened by such an act of barbarism, the Imperial Senate has condemned the revolt on Lanzar and has sent a diplomatic mission under distinguished senator Coran Andran to demand the resignation of Drakkon and to over-see fair and impartial elections for a new leader.

Drakkon has no intention of handing over power. Instead he is cynically manipulating the senatorial mission to delay the decision, while he and his rebel friends arm for war. The Emperor is not fooled however, and has reluctantly decided that direct action is needed. With a heavy heart he has sent an Imperial taskforce to Lanzar with orders to remove Drakkon from office and restore democracy to the world.

Welcome to the brand new Original Trilogy game! There's really not much more to say here that has not been said in other threads. It's a simple plot which has been made to fit whatever characters play, so there are no personal plotlines (except one surprise one, which is there for a different reason).

You have chosen to play an Imperial. Yay! Playing the Imperials can be nothing but fun. You have vast forces behind you, get smart suits and cool gear, and get to go around being theatrically evil as you fill those around you with sheer terror! Try not to take it all too seriosuly- Star Wars is just a bit of fun, after all, and we know the Empire loses eventually. But before then, crush all opposition!

That said, please do remember that this game has both a political and active side, and try to respect both! If you are new to one of my games, this is a great place to start, but please do also respect the experience of the veterans; following their lead is never a bad thing.

BTW, this is an opposed game, the first for a while. No rule is in place trying to stop people looking at the Rebel thread, but you may wish to have the experience of not doing so; I leave it up to you if you think that will be better.

Let's go...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Nov 28th, 2005 11:41 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Imperial Palace, Coruscant

A lone figure in grey walks through the mighty corridors, his boots sounding loudly on the solid floor below.

Two enormous doors are atop the steps he now climbs. As he draws close, the pokes of two red-garbed guards cross in front of him to block his way. With an almost contemptuous glance, he produces an id card, and the pikes part.

The mighty doors swing open, and he walks inside.

The room inside is dark; on the far side, an enormous round window overlooks the teaming Coruscant skyscape. A black throne is currently facing the window. The man walks forwards halfway across the room, before stopping and kneeling down. Slowly the throne turns around.

“Es-ga-bath…” speaks the Emperor Palpatine, breaking down trhe syllables for slow speech.

“My Majesty,” says Esgabath in reply.

“You know of the orders concerning the Lanzar system?”

“I do, your Majesty.”

“Good…” For a moment, the Emperor says no more; the silence lingers. “I tire of the situation on Lanzar. I will need the situation resolved inside five days.”

Esgabath’s heart raced, though he showed no sign of it.

“Five days?”

“Ye-es…” said the Emperor, slowly, with a smile. “There will be... difficulties, Esgabath. Both military and political. They will be overcome.” This was less an order, more a statement of fact. Who could dare contradict a fact spoken by the Emperor?

“It will be done, your Majesty.”

“Additional personnel have been added to the task force at my request. People we have found… useful over time. A Bounty Hunter and an Assassin. They will be under your command for this mission. Use them wisely.”

“I shall.”

“Five days, Commissar Esgabath, Do not disappoint me…”

-

Ok, you guys are the elite Imperial task force of doom. I’m not going to waste time with much exposition for you guys. If you do not understand what Lanzar is or what Osokans are, ask someone who does. At least half of the players in this thread have good cause to hate both words entirely and need no more motivation than that.

The situation given above is all you have, and I mean that literally. The Emperor has blamed Rebel lies for the rebellion on Lanzar, and also has stated that Matadan is dead, killed by the brutal insurgents. However, there is no mention of a rebel terrorist cell on Lanzar, or anything like that.

A Senatorial mission is on Lanzar, apparently with the Emperor’s support. However, the Emperor has no become of the opinion that the Senators are being manipulated by the evil and cunning Drakkon; this is why you guys have been sent in.

“Resolve the situation” is the extent of how clear your orders are. All of you know that vague orders like that effectively mean that there is to be no holding back- annihilate Lanzar if need be.

But the Emperor has made no mention to anyone about how to deal with the delicate areas of the mission- like the fact that the Senators are still there. The military types were rather hoping that the Commissar the Emperor is sending will fill in the blanks, little knowing that the Commissar himself has been given a five day deadline and no additional information, just a couple of irregular personnel.

(Esgabath, you think five days is insane, personally. The Emperor seems to be implying that you should invade regardless of the Senatorial situation… but that would be a hideous disaster, politically speaking. Yet how can you undo that problem so quickly?)

So, we have a task force of three Star Destroyers all ready to go, and you will be leaving soon, to arrive at Lanzar and, apparently, make up what to do next as you go along!

First, some admin. Yay!

The task force- other than support vessels- consists of three Star Destroyers. The player’s one is the Deviator. The others are the Victorious and the Revenge. This class of ISD- the ones seen in the OT films- are considered to be very new in this time frame, so this is impressive stuff.

Captain Nidar of the Victorious is a young, fresh-faced Captain- from a very influential family inside the Empire, part of the Imperial Coruscant establishment. His General, Atar, is a product of the Coruscant elite officer’s academy, and is well thought-of.

Captain Jarek of the Revenge is an older officer- a veteran, in fact, of the Clone Wars, and the earliest generation of Star Destroyers. His General is Lomax, a man from a family noted for their political loyalty to the Emperor, but with no actual field experience; his work before has been in no-conflict garrison duty.

Melkor, your first task is to appoint one of these Captains as Commodore. The Commodore will command the entire operation, though Commissar and Commodore will exercise a shared control in most areas. You can, of course, appoint Barb’s character if you want, but I recommend against it, as Barb is new to SW and will have enough to worry about.

The rest of you- you need to decide your position in the task force. We have a PC Captain, General and Squadron Leader for the Deviator (note that there are no other Squadron Leaders of note), but you don’t have to be based on that ship. Agents and Commanders can be working from any of them. Agents are not technically military but they pretty much follow the direction given by the Generals. Commanders have to be fanatically loyal and know nothing other than the military life. There is a senior Commander who works for whoever is appointed Commodore, but there can be any number of Commanders per ship.

Meanwhile, you can all discuss amongst yourselves if you have worked together before and so on- and what your ambitions might be.

Once that is all done, you can proceed to Lanzar. Note that you know this, but as players you should know, so you know the game parameters, that the Rebel thread gets there first.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Nov 29th, 2005 at 12:38 AM

Old Post Nov 28th, 2005 11:42 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

A brawny, middle-aged man with chiseled facial features and sandy brown hair, combed neatly to the side underneath his military cap, strides onto the bridge of the Deviator, eyeing everyone in a seemingly suspicious manner with his dark brown eyes. A scar that laced down the side of his face made him seem ever more sinister.

These new Star Destroyers are quite an improvement over those aging Victory-class ships... he thinks to himself.

He pauses to straighten his dark green uniform, then moves to a window.

General Vantos Coll turns to peer down into the crew pit of the bridge.

"Where can I get into touch with General Atar?" Vantos asks, folding his hands behind his back neatly.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2005 12:05 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

"All staff on the Revenge and the Victorious are currently preparing for the arrival of the Commissar and cannot be contacted, sir," says a communications Lieutenant.

BtVS

Old Post Nov 29th, 2005 12:11 AM
REXXXX
Networking

"Most unfortunate," Vantos sighs, annoyed. "Perhaps I should be with them. Do you know where they are meeting?"

Old Post Nov 29th, 2005 12:15 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkDethbringer
Kakow how you like me now

A young figure walks slowly into the Deviator He smiles as he sees the updated material, He always loved to fly He was rathe rgood at it as well. He walked in his short Black hair covered by a rey hat he waleked in wearing pilot clthe sready for business. He looked to someone . "Excuse me...I am looking to find teh IMperial Task Force...." he said looking at them.

well for now at least,

I'm unsure if i will stay for too long

Old Post Nov 29th, 2005 12:18 AM
DarkDethbringer is currently offline Click here to Send DarkDethbringer a Private Message Find more posts by DarkDethbringer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Hey, I am not seeing much admin work going on here...

BtVS

Old Post Nov 29th, 2005 12:19 AM
REXXXX
Networking

"You won't find them here," Vantos says, sneering at the newly arrived man. "You must be the Squadron Leader. Narrik, I presume?"

I was planning to wait for our little own political terror to jump in, assuming that General Coll knows nothing.

If he could, he would like to start planning how to initiate a full-scale invasion of Lanzar...

Old Post Nov 29th, 2005 12:29 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I also meant about positions on ship, who was worked with whom, and so on.

A planning meeting will indeed follow soon.

BtVS

Old Post Nov 29th, 2005 12:30 AM
DarkDethbringer

"Narrik Elias at your Service!" he said with a slight bow as he walked in in his slightly retained goofy manner. His blaster wacking his kneee every so once in a while, he smiled his boots clacking on teh floor.

well for now at least,

Old Post Nov 29th, 2005 12:35 AM
DarkDethbringer is currently offline Click here to Send DarkDethbringer a Private Message Find more posts by DarkDethbringer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Just changed the timescale to five days, btw, to account for some factors.

I assume then, Elias, that you are brand new to this ship?

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Nov 29th, 2005 at 08:41 AM

Old Post Nov 29th, 2005 12:39 AM
DarkDethbringer

that was my plan yes Itought everyone was and we were meeting each oteh rfor teh first time unless I was supposed to be a veteran

well for now at least,

Old Post Nov 29th, 2005 12:42 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Like I was saying above, I wanted people to be working this stuff out between them.

BtVS

Old Post Nov 29th, 2005 12:43 AM
REXXXX
Networking

General Coll is 34, and enlisted in the military immediately after the end of the Clone Wars. I intend that he is a familiar to most of the personnel, with the exception of whoever decides that they are newer to things, like Narrik or that Lomax fellow.

He expects Lt. Bast (his ally) to be close at hand when he is able, and wishes to be stationed aboard the Deviator, in order to be of service to Cpt. Trebeis.

Last edited by REXXXX on Nov 29th, 2005 at 12:55 AM

Old Post Nov 29th, 2005 12:51 AM
General Zink
Bane

Arvus will station himself aboard the Deviator, as a familiar to General Coll, perhaps contracted to this mission?

Old Post Nov 29th, 2005 01:02 AM
General Zink is currently offline Click here to Send General Zink a Private Message Find more posts by General Zink Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingDubya
Mainstream Indie Rocker

Arriving onboard the Deviator, Karn looked around the massive ship. Seeing the typical grey walls, grey roof, grey doors, he wasn't impressed at all. Wandering around, he found his way into the command bridge. Searching for the man in charge, he saw someone who seemed to know what he was doing (General Coll). Karn lazily saluted and introduce himself. "Karn Stirge, sir, reporting for duty," he said with very slight disgust. He had never liked formalities.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2005 02:09 AM
KingDubya is currently offline Click here to Send KingDubya a Private Message Find more posts by KingDubya Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

"Ah, Agent Stirge," General Coll, returning Karn's salute with a firm, correct one. "Glad to see that the Emperor has assigned you to us. You were of great use in the Belthos Uprising."

Old Post Nov 29th, 2005 03:32 AM
Peach
mordrem

Rylis will be on the Deviator as well...

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Nov 29th, 2005 05:32 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Zink
Bane

Hey, what a coincidence! You get to hang out with me. big grin

Arvus steps out on the bridge, but then moves back into the hallway leading to it.

"Greetings, General," Arvus says, quietly, leaning against the bulkhead.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2005 05:36 AM
General Zink is currently offline Click here to Send General Zink a Private Message Find more posts by General Zink Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Whooo laughing out loud

*has idea*

*PMs you*

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Nov 29th, 2005 05:36 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote