KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » Anyone else feel like this new director is aweful?

Anyone else feel like this new director is aweful?
Started by: lord xyz

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Anyone else feel like this new director is aweful?

I haven't even read the books, and I know these last 2 have left shit out!

You get the feeling that a lot has been missed and stuff hasn't been explained.

Director ****ing sucks.

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Aug 8th, 2009 02:20 PM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

actually, the directors of the first four left out more, and the guy who did the first two focused on things that were supposed to be tiny tiny plot half-lines. you can tell in two that even the older actors, all the dames and knights, are sick of the script.

and that's another thing to talk about. because there's the screenwriter, and he's the one who actually decides what goes in and what goes out. so he works with the producer and the director and then it's edited and edited again, so the director isn't really responsible for the content. the director is responsible for the "look."

1 and 2 were both lit brightly, were very cheerful, and didn't get that there are serious moments.

the third was veery artsy - and all through the movie you felt 'i'm not sure i'm liking where this is going' with some moments of whimsy, and he was able to go dark and that was a huge step up.

the fourth was mainly for entertainment purposes - the director wanted to make an action/adventure movie, and only an action/adventure movie.

and then came yates. who realized that the harry potter world was dark, darkety dark, except for those brief moments of good. but only moments, as we swiveled down to basic gloom.

the sixth - well, i'm still too close to my first watching it to be totally analytical. but i thought it was very well balanced between humor and evil....

of course, this is just my own opinion. i'm one of those people who realize that book can't be the screenplay, that things have to be left out, and the plot holes that consequently come about have to be covered rationally.

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2009 02:38 PM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well the dark tone in the last two is gorgeous, but I just can't stand how plot points just seem to be cut off.

Perhaps it is the screenwriter I should be mad at, but these last two had so much out. I mean in 6 it said Ron did Quiddich in 5. That aint in the film!

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Aug 9th, 2009 05:54 PM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

They all sucked. The movies, the directors, the lead actors... all of 'em were dreadful.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2009 10:26 PM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rapscallion

Re: Anyone else feel like this new director is aweful?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by lord xyz
I haven't even read the books, and I know these last 2 have left shit out!

i'm curious as to know how you know stuff was left out if you haven't even read a harry potter book.

even the last to did leave stuff out, that reflects more on the screenwriters(who i believe have been the same for the entire series) than the director. And in terms of direction i thought the last two were by far the best of the series. He handles the darker aspects of the story much better than chris columbus dealt with the whimsy. He definitely has the most interesting camera work and mise en scene and gets the best performances out of his actors (although admittedly, that might have more to do with the fact that they have just developed more as actors)

Old Post Aug 12th, 2009 03:17 PM
Rapscallion is currently offline Click here to Send Rapscallion a Private Message Find more posts by Rapscallion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote