KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » The Doomsday list

The Doomsday list
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

The Doomsday list

Alright, there has been some recent debates on which version of Doomsday is the most powerful...

So I just wanted to list my opinion of the strongest to weakest main versions of Doomsday, get some imput, and go from there...

1.) Gog Wars DD, [continuously battled an endless legion of Gogs for 100 years straight, and could pwn these Gogs with little effort, it's quite possible that this version was un-BFRable]..

2.) Doomsday Wars DD, [the same as Hunter/Prey DD, but with Brainiac's intelligence, and possessed various mental powers]..

3.) Hunter/Prey DD, [evloving at near instantaneous rates, survived the OE, owned Superman enhanced by New Genosian tech, and Darkseid himself... The ONLY way to beat this version was by BFR'ing him into Entropy]..

4.) DOS DD, [He could barely defeat Superman, but defeated Supes nonetheless]..

5.) Doomsday Rex, [This version is last, because in the end he was mentally/physically pwned by Superman]..

Numbers 1 and 2 are somewhat interchangable, imo...

So what do you think?

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Aug 6th, 2007 at 05:27 PM

Old Post Aug 6th, 2007 05:12 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'd say put 2 above 1. Every single Gog was as powerful as the original, right? So that should mean Doomsday was near unbeatable.

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post Aug 6th, 2007 05:18 PM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by llagrok
So that should mean Doomsday was near unbeatable.

Yeah I agree... GW-DD should be the most powerful, in theory..

Old Post Aug 6th, 2007 05:26 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prime#

I think DD Rex should go above DOS, even though he got owned bad, keep in mind how much stronger this superman was from the one who originally got killed by doomsday.

Gog wars Doomsday is probably the best one though

Old Post Aug 6th, 2007 05:29 PM
Prime# is currently offline Click here to Send Prime# a Private Message Find more posts by Prime# Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by superkronick92
I think DD Rex should go above DOS, even though he got owned bad, keep in mind how much stronger this superman was from the one who originally got killed by doomsday.
DD Rex's power was probably > DOS DD's...

But I'm looking at versatility as well...

The reason Supes pwned DD Rex so badly was because Supes got inside his head, and and screwed with him..... Supes made DD fear him lol.

Basically, DD Rex went down like a chump... That's why I put him at the bottom..

Originally posted by superkronick92
Gog wars Doomsday is probably the best one though
thumb up

Old Post Aug 6th, 2007 05:34 PM
Deathstroke
Slayer

Re: The Doomsday list

Originally posted by Galan007
Alright, there has been some recent debates on which version of Doomsday is the most powerful...

So I just wanted to list my opinion of the strongest to weakest main versions of Doomsday, get some imput, and go from there...

1.) Gog Wars DD, [continuously battled an endless legion of Gogs for 100 years straight, and could pwn these Gogs with little effort, it's quite possible that this version was un-BFRable]..

2.) Doomsday Wars DD, [the same as Hunter/Prey DD, but with Brainiac's intelligence, and possessed various mental powers]..

3.) Hunter/Prey DD, [evloving at near instantaneous rates, survived the OE, owned Superman enhanced by New Genosian tech, and Darkseid himself... The ONLY way to beat this version was by BFR'ing him into Entropy]..

4.) DOS DD, [He could barely defeat Superman, but defeated Supes nonetheless]..

5.) Doomsday Rex, [This version is last, because in the end he was mentally/physically pwned by Superman]..

Numbers 1 and 2 are somewhat interchangable, imo...

So what do you think?

Looks good. thumb up

Old Post Aug 6th, 2007 05:39 PM
Deathstroke is currently offline Click here to Send Deathstroke a Private Message Find more posts by Deathstroke Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

I gotta agree with the poster who mentioned that Doomsday Rex should be above DOS. Superman beating Rex wasn't a comment on how weak Doomsday got - but one on how powerful Superman had become.

In my opinion, of course.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Aug 6th, 2007 06:04 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Soljer
I gotta agree with the poster who mentioned that Doomsday Rex should be above DOS. Superman beating Rex wasn't a comment on how weak Doomsday got - but one on how powerful Superman had become.

In my opinion, of course.
Superman's power didn't beat DD though..

Old Post Aug 6th, 2007 06:08 PM
HaSon

I used to think Gog Wars was best but Hunter/Prey is easily the most impressive as far as on panel stuff goes.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2007 07:01 PM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nihilist

which version of dd got himself a gl ring,i cant remember?

Big thanks to Scythe

Old Post Aug 6th, 2007 07:24 PM
Nihilist is currently offline Click here to Send Nihilist a Private Message Find more posts by Nihilist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by lordboo
which version of dd got himself a gl ring,i cant remember?
That wasn't really a version of DD per say...

That was just DD 245,000 years ago... And since he has incredible adaptive qualities, his most recent versions would be much more powerful.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2007 08:02 PM
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

I can't help but get the feeling that Gog wars Gog was weaker than the original incarnation. I mean, he needed several "time clones" to take down superman.

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post Aug 6th, 2007 10:12 PM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

That wasn't really a version of DD per say...

That was just DD 245,000 years ago... And since he has incredible adaptive qualities, his most recent versions would be much more powerful.
So... DOS Doomsday is more powerful than the one that got a Guardian killed, and killed hundreds of GLs?

Superman>>>>>Corps? eek!

Old Post Aug 6th, 2007 10:22 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Harry Fingerman
So... DOS Doomsday is more powerful than the one that got a Guardian killed, and killed hundreds of GLs?

Superman>>>>>Corps? eek!
I know, something doesn't add up...

245,000 years ago, DD killed hundreds of GL's.... Yet he barely beat Superman during DOS? wtf...

All I can think is that DD was weaker during DOS, due to tens of thousands of years without sunlight.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2007 10:31 PM
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

I guess you guys don't realise that when he has to be, Superman > All.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Aug 6th, 2007 10:39 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealAJ
Restricted

Account Restricted

Forgive me if I am wrong ( Probably will be) isn't the strong DD the one who hasn't died yet? I thought that every time he died he become different and become more powerful, or something.

So isn't the latest the strongest?

Old Post Aug 6th, 2007 10:54 PM
RealAJ is currently offline Click here to Send RealAJ a Private Message Find more posts by RealAJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prime#

I know, something doesn't add up...

245,000 years ago, DD killed hundreds of GL's.... Yet he barely beat Superman during DOS? wtf...

All I can think is that DD was weaker during DOS, due to tens of thousands of years without sunlight.

I think the writer explanation was, Doomsday adapted to the GL's but not to Brute Force? Either way, it doesn't make very much sense

Old Post Aug 7th, 2007 02:24 AM
Prime# is currently offline Click here to Send Prime# a Private Message Find more posts by Prime# Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

Well it could be that the Doomsday that beat all the GL was stronger than DOS Doomsday if you go by the fact that the scientist guy says Doomsday can store energy up to a millennium or however long it was and he was buried away from the sun for 245 thousand years or whatever after beating them and it may imply that at first he needed solar energy or something and had to evolve to be able to do anything without it or something.

But besides that little thing that I really have no proof of I think the list is pretty correct. Rex could possibly be stronger than DOS DD but he would be easier to defeat for Superman so he should be last.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2007 06:52 AM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shin_Nikkolas
Restricted

Account Restricted

How strong were all these Gogs in Gog Wars?

I know Gog Wars didn't take place in The Kingdom, right? So it wasn't Gog with all that power.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2007 08:00 AM
Shin_Nikkolas is currently offline Click here to Send Shin_Nikkolas a Private Message Find more posts by Shin_Nikkolas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

Hmm now that I really think about it while Gog did take out Superman with ease Superman had just got done fighting somebody who I think was named Preus and had kryptonite injected into him. At least the kryptonite part was what I heard when I asked why he had white hair on the side. But either way Gog War Doomsday easily took out hundreds of Gogs and fought for 100 years straight against even more Gogs to save Superman who was imprisoned.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2007 08:06 AM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote