KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » To end the discussion! Who's top DAWG?!

To end the discussion! Who's top DAWG?!
Started by: long pig

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

To end the discussion! Who's top DAWG?!

This isn't a versus, or who would win if they fought. This is "Who is more powerful?", taking into consideration what they can do on the fly AND with prep.

Again, this isn't who'd win in a fight, it's who has access to the most power.

Top Marvel Big Dawgs.

Surfer
Thor
Strange
Sentry

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Dec 15th, 2005 05:07 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Why'd you make this so damn hard??

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Dec 15th, 2005 06:12 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Depends wholly on the situation. Sentry is still very...undefined to say the least.

With prep, I give it to Strange.

Without prep, I give it Surfer.

At their most powerful incarnations, Strange.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2005 06:39 AM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Tempted to say Strange - he just has to get the spell words out of his mouth before some speed or lightning attack.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2005 06:44 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

At first I was going to say Thor because of Mjolnir.
I'm going to go with Strange.

Humans are afraid of the dark.
And yet… At the same time, we’re fascinated and bewitched by it.
Maybe that’s why humans drink the darkness that is coffee.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2005 07:06 AM
Avlon is currently offline Click here to Send Avlon a Private Message Find more posts by Avlon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Strange or Surfer.
Sentry may work his way up the list but you've got a LOT to prove before you're top dog.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Dec 15th, 2005 01:46 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr.Biscuits

surfer most of the time
strange with the prep and all

Old Post Dec 15th, 2005 01:50 PM
Mr.Biscuits is currently offline Click here to Send Mr.Biscuits a Private Message Find more posts by Mr.Biscuits Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Draco69
Depends wholly on the situation. Sentry is still very...undefined to say the least.

i agree with this, but without prep i give it to thor.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2005 02:36 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

Originally posted by leonidas
i agree with this, but without prep i give it to thor.

Thor might have the strong attacks (Godforce), but he simple can't cut it due to lack of speed etc. That's why he has trouble with many earth based heroes.

I would say Strange with prep, and Sentry without

Stay Thirsty, My Friends.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2005 02:54 PM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
manorastroman

can't sentry draw energy from any and every source? wasn't that on-panel somewhere in new thunderbolts?

Old Post Dec 15th, 2005 04:40 PM
manorastroman is currently offline Click here to Send manorastroman a Private Message Find more posts by manorastroman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmic Flame

Now that Thor has the Odinforce, I'd say in terms of raw power he's probably at the top. If we're talking fighting, I'd probably go with Strange (or maybe Sentry once we see more).

Old Post Dec 15th, 2005 05:10 PM
Cosmic Flame is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmic Flame a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmic Flame Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

This is Classic Thor, though, right?
Not King Thor or Rune King Thor.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2005 05:48 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by kgkg
Thor might have the strong attacks (Godforce), but he simple can't cut it due to lack of speed etc. That's why he has trouble with many earth based heroes.

I would say Strange with prep, and Sentry without

i'm still not clear on the limits of sentry's abilities. and tell me an opponent that thor has fought and had trouble with solely because of a 'lack of speed'? not who MIGHT give him trouble, but who HAS? that silly mongoose character aside . . .

Old Post Dec 15th, 2005 06:01 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr.Biscuits

Originally posted by roughrider
This is Classic Thor, though, right?
Not King Thor or Rune King Thor.

of course its not rune thor

Old Post Dec 15th, 2005 06:10 PM
Mr.Biscuits is currently offline Click here to Send Mr.Biscuits a Private Message Find more posts by Mr.Biscuits Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr.Biscuits

i'm still not clear on the limits of sentry's abilities. and tell me an opponent that thor has fought and had trouble with solely because of a 'lack of speed'? not who MIGHT give him trouble, but who HAS? that silly mongoose character aside . . .

spiderman................. shifty

Old Post Dec 15th, 2005 06:11 PM
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by Cosmic Flame
Now that Thor has the Odinforce, I'd say in terms of raw power he's probably at the top. If we're talking fighting, I'd probably go with Strange (or maybe Sentry once we see more).

Since this is Classic Thor, there is no Odinforce for him.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2005 06:45 PM
kgkg
Vigilante

Not only speed, character in general period

As for Sentry

His bio

Beating Terrax like that, Absorbing energy from everywhere, blast able to destroy planets (when holding back) etc

Control absorb all light etc

Still to early but I think we can assume based on what we have so far

Stay Thirsty, My Friends.

Last edited by kgkg on Dec 15th, 2005 at 07:01 PM

Old Post Dec 15th, 2005 06:59 PM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
olympian

The guy who gets more rep from other characters (of the same universe) in raw power to be "the man" its Thor.

Altho honestly for me its a tie between Dr Strange and Thor.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2005 07:05 PM
olympian is currently offline Click here to Send olympian a Private Message Find more posts by olympian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmic Flame

Longpig didn't specify, and I just figured that we went with the most recent incarnations of characters.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2005 07:22 PM
Cosmic Flame is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmic Flame a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmic Flame Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

Originally posted by Draco69

Agreed. Sentry can still work his way up but these 3 have been kicking ass for decades. Until he's more defined I put him last.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2005 07:44 PM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote