KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » Does anyone else hate Nirvana?

Does anyone else hate Nirvana?
Started by: mr.smiley

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
mr.smiley

Does anyone else hate Nirvana?

Just wondering.I can't stand them and I think they where way over done and hyped.

http://soundcloud.com/pytt-1

Old Post Sep 29th, 2005 07:06 PM
mr.smiley is currently offline Click here to Send mr.smiley a Private Message Find more posts by mr.smiley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Overhyped indeed.....I like them though...they are pretty good....

Old Post Sep 29th, 2005 07:16 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morgoths_Wrath

nah, I dig Nirvana

Old Post Sep 29th, 2005 07:31 PM
Morgoths_Wrath is currently offline Click here to Send Morgoths_Wrath a Private Message Find more posts by Morgoths_Wrath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mr.smiley

Pretty cool responses guys.I was expecting people just to come in here in bash me for bashing them (which will still probably happen).

Old Post Sep 29th, 2005 08:35 PM
mr.smiley is currently offline Click here to Send mr.smiley a Private Message Find more posts by mr.smiley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

quote: (post)
Originally posted by mr.smiley
Pretty cool responses guys.I was expecting people just to come in here in bash me for bashing them (which will still probably happen).

Well, i can understand why some people don't like them...I mean I personally don't find them special....they make good Music but nothing I consider as great.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2005 09:15 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sweetness
Fabulously Delicious

No i never liked them either. i could never understand what the big deal was, i mean at their time there was loads of other equally talented bands

Old Post Sep 29th, 2005 09:23 PM
sweetness is currently offline Click here to Send sweetness a Private Message Find more posts by sweetness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

Originally posted by sweetness
No i never liked them either. i could never understand what the big deal was, i mean at their time there was loads of other equally talented bands

It was more about attitude and politics than music. That's why they have a high standing. This was magnified by Kurt's death.

They are overrated, but I like them.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2005 10:08 PM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RedAlertv2

yeah i think theyre pretty cool

How Could Hell Be Any Worse?

Old Post Sep 29th, 2005 10:15 PM
RedAlertv2 is currently offline Click here to Send RedAlertv2 a Private Message Find more posts by RedAlertv2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The True Fear
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by mr.smiley

**** you ****in noob peice of shit. you probably like it in the ass from big hairy men dont you.you fukin sanch

just kiddin. but i do like nirvana though

Old Post Sep 29th, 2005 10:18 PM
The True Fear is currently offline Click here to Send The True Fear a Private Message Find more posts by The True Fear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
It was more about attitude and politics than music. That's why they have a high standing. This was magnified by Kurt's death.

They are overrated, but I like them.

thats about where i stand on this one too

I am aware that "your" should be "you're," and while I know I should change it as not to offend the grammar fans around the boards, school always said not to bow to peer pressure so it stays as it is

Old Post Sep 29th, 2005 11:51 PM
tabby999 is currently offline Click here to Send tabby999 a Private Message Find more posts by tabby999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ladyluck

F*ck you! Nirvana is one of the greatest bands ever! They're lyrics are amazing and the music is just wonderful. Nirvana popularized the punk, indie rock, and alternative sound and made a great impression on the grunge scene.

I do agree, however, that they are overrated. This is mainly because of their drummer, Dave Grohl. But you can't argue that he is one of the greatest musicians to date.

NIRVANA RULES!!!

*cough*

I'm done. happy

Old Post Sep 30th, 2005 01:12 AM
Ladyluck is currently offline Click here to Send Ladyluck a Private Message Find more posts by Ladyluck Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
el_barto
I'm So Bored With the USA

I love em, but yeah they are overhyped.

You Call This a New Way of Thinking? I Call This Regression to Ignorance.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2005 01:39 AM
el_barto is currently offline Click here to Send el_barto a Private Message Find more posts by el_barto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

Agreed. Loved but overhyped.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2005 01:47 AM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by Ladyluck
F*ck you! Nirvana is one of the greatest bands ever! They're lyrics are amazing and the music is just wonderful. Nirvana popularized the punk, indie rock, and alternative sound and made a great impression on the grunge scene.

I do agree, however, that they are overrated. This is mainly because of their drummer, Dave Grohl. But you can't argue that he is one of the greatest musicians to date.

NIRVANA RULES!!!

*cough*

I'm done. happy

They've become as overhyped as they are because of Kurt's death, not because of Dave Grohl....

Anyway, I like Nirvana a lot, I've listened to them since I was three years old, and I've had Nevermind since it came out (when I was all of 5 years old). However, I do agree that they are certainly overrated.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Sep 30th, 2005 01:56 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Afro Cheese

Used to like them.. got old pretty fast though.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2005 02:07 AM
Afro Cheese is currently offline Click here to Send Afro Cheese a Private Message Find more posts by Afro Cheese Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sXe
jenr

I'm sure poeple dont like them, The're a group where you have like i AT LEAST ONE song.. ya-no?

Old Post Sep 30th, 2005 12:57 PM
sXe is currently offline Click here to Send sXe a Private Message Find more posts by sXe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Df02

hate em

TotalFormat Forums
tomorrow is so far and I no longer want to find a replacement for all these pictures that are lost in my mind

Old Post Sep 30th, 2005 01:17 PM
Df02 is currently offline Click here to Send Df02 a Private Message Find more posts by Df02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mr.smiley

Originally posted by Afro Cheese
Used to like them.. got old pretty fast though.

That's how I feel.To me them and Metalica are in the overplayed radio category.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2005 02:48 PM
nick1811
At Gunpoint

never like them, never will

"Rest in Piece, Brother Dime"- Vinnie Paul

Old Post Sep 30th, 2005 03:38 PM
nick1811 is currently offline Click here to Send nick1811 a Private Message Find more posts by nick1811 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chops
Bassdude

Nirvana are one of the many favirote bands i listen to.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2005 10:12 PM
chops is currently offline Click here to Send chops a Private Message Find more posts by chops Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote