KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » The Value of 'I Love You'

The Value of 'I Love You'
Started by: ShapedByWords

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dante Vlada
Living My Last Days

Question The Value of 'I Love You'

I dont use the words 'I Love You' very often or lightly. Only 2 people have ever really been loved by me... My brother and my ex. I was wondering how much value you guys put in these words.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2005 12:43 PM
Dante Vlada is currently offline Click here to Send Dante Vlada a Private Message Find more posts by Dante Vlada Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

Only 2 girls would have ever recieved those words from methumb up
Takes the meaning away otherwise...

Old Post Aug 26th, 2005 12:47 PM
Hazardous is currently offline Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Les yeux clos
Wisdomous

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ShapedByWords
I dont use the words 'I Love You' very often or lightly. Only 2 people have ever really been loved by me... My brother and my ex. I was wondering how much value you guys put in these words.
I guess it depends on how much you trust the person who is saying it....sometimes it can be used just becuase people are caught up in the first passion of love...I used it once, but I don't think I'll use it again for a long time, untill I'm completely sure..

Old Post Aug 26th, 2005 12:56 PM
Les yeux clos is currently offline Click here to Send Les yeux clos a Private Message Find more posts by Les yeux clos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dante Vlada
Living My Last Days

Originally posted by Sir Mist
Only 2 girls would have ever recieved those words from methumb up
Takes the meaning away otherwise...

yes I agree. I have come across people who throw around 'I love yous' like candy on Halloween. I think if people stopped and thought about what it means to LOVE someone they wouldn't say it as much.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2005 12:57 PM
Dante Vlada is currently offline Click here to Send Dante Vlada a Private Message Find more posts by Dante Vlada Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nerdanel
Ice Queen

The last guy who told me... 'i love you' broke my heart.. i dont velive in love anymore...It just uses you then spits you out when its done

Old Post Aug 26th, 2005 01:02 PM
Nerdanel is currently offline Click here to Send Nerdanel a Private Message Find more posts by Nerdanel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dante Vlada
Living My Last Days

Originally posted by Fianna
I guess it depends on how much you trust the person who is saying it....sometimes it can be used just becuase people are caught up in the first passion of love...I used it once, but I don't think I'll use it again for a long time, untill I'm completely sure..

It is always best to know for sure. yes Just so you know I think a guy would be pretty damn lucky to be loved by you. happy
Originally posted by Enslaved
The last guy who told me... 'i love you' broke my heart.. i dont velive in love anymore...It just uses you then spits you out when its done

Damn. Thats has to suck. I'm sorry to hear that. As Allyn pointed out to me shit happens. You cant let the past have power over your future. I think everyone should listen to "See The Sun" by Dido.

Last edited by Dante Vlada on Aug 26th, 2005 at 01:20 PM

Old Post Aug 26th, 2005 01:15 PM
Pandabear
as gracefull as it gets

Re: The Value of 'I Love You'

im not a guy....but i value the word "i love you". You cant just use them, you have t have feeling behind them and if you use them other wise they loose thier meaning.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2005 01:23 PM
Pandabear is currently offline Click here to Send Pandabear a Private Message Find more posts by Pandabear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nerdanel
Ice Queen

Damn. Thats has to suck. I'm sorry to hear that. As Allyn pointed out to me shit happens. You cant let the past have power over your future. I think everyone should listen to "See The Sun" by Dido.

Yes Allyn is a sweetie...But love gave up on my ages ago..so why hold my breathe..Im not bitter just realistic...and my future will be the same as my present..and you know why..because im not the same girl i was yrs ago..i dont give my heart to just anyone...

....and to answer your question when i say i love it....i mean it!

Old Post Aug 26th, 2005 01:29 PM
Nerdanel is currently offline Click here to Send Nerdanel a Private Message Find more posts by Nerdanel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prince Nauj
Bebop

I have never used these words in my whole entire life because I have never been loved. Ok maybe my parents say it but its been a long time ago since they have said that. Since I havent found my true love yet that is why I feel like this. Maybe things will change in the near future.

lo lo Bromios lo lo Dendrites lo lo Eleutherios lo lo Enorches...

Old Post Aug 26th, 2005 01:30 PM
Prince Nauj is currently offline Click here to Send Prince Nauj a Private Message Find more posts by Prince Nauj Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Les yeux clos
Wisdomous

It is always best to know for sure. yes Just so you know I think a guy would be pretty damn lucky to be loved by you. happy

I think everyone should listen to "See The Sun" by Dido.
Yup...though love requires so much trust in the other person it's hard....

Thank you smile ...personally I think it would be the other way around messed ..but thannks big grin

Indeed...it's a beautiful song...very hopeful yes

Old Post Aug 26th, 2005 01:36 PM
Les yeux clos is currently offline Click here to Send Les yeux clos a Private Message Find more posts by Les yeux clos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dante Vlada
Living My Last Days

Originally posted by Pandabear
im not a guy....but i value the word "i love you". You cant just use them, you have t have feeling behind them and if you use them other wise they loose thier meaning.

The feelings def have to be there.
Yes Allyn is a sweetie...But love gave up on my ages ago..so why hold my breathe..Im not bitter just realistic...and my future will be the same as my present..and you know why..because im not the same girl i was yrs ago..i dont give my heart to just anyone...

....and to answer your question when i say i love it....i mean it!

Thats the way it should. We all need to only say it if we truly mean it. yes
Originally posted by Darth Nauj
I have never used these words in my whole entire life because I have never been loved. Ok maybe my parents say it but its been a long time ago since they have said that. Since I havent found my true love yet that is why I feel like this. Maybe things will change in the near future.

I dont think I ever told my mum I loved her. I think she cared for me, but I was a little shit that made it very hard to be loved.

There IS someone out there for everyone. yes

Old Post Aug 26th, 2005 01:37 PM
Nerdanel
Ice Queen

The feelings def have to be there.

Thats the way it should. We all need to only say it if we truly mean it. yes

I dont think I ever told my mum I loved her. I think she cared for me, but I was a little shit that made it very hard to be loved.

There IS someone out there for everyone. yes

I never told my mom i loved her...i used to..but when i needed her the most she turned her back on me..The only person who is worthy of all my love is my son..apart from tht meh

Old Post Aug 26th, 2005 01:41 PM
Dante Vlada
Living My Last Days

Originally posted by Fianna
Yup...though love requires so much trust in the other person it's hard....

Thank you smile ...personally I think it would be the other way around messed ..but thannks big grin

Indeed...it's a beautiful song...very hopeful yes

Trust is a very big thing!!
I never told my mom i loved her...i used to..but when i needed her the most she turned her back on me..The only person who is worthy of all my love is my son..apart from tht meh

"Mother is the name for God on the lips and hearts of all children" (I really quote movies too much messed) Protect and love your son.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2005 01:47 PM
Fire

I only use it when I'm talking to Storm I say it a lot tho, I don't believe that takes away the meaning

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Aug 26th, 2005 02:02 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kostabot
I'm a rooster illusion

Those three words can be both the dealies and the most life inspiring words in the world.

What is this I don't even

Old Post Aug 26th, 2005 02:09 PM
Kostabot is currently offline Click here to Send Kostabot a Private Message Find more posts by Kostabot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dante Vlada
Living My Last Days

Originally posted by Fire
I only use it when I'm talking to Storm I say it a lot tho, I don't believe that takes away the meaning

As long as you LOVE her, I think its okay to tell her often.
Originally posted by Kosta
Those three words can be both the dealies and the most life inspiring words in the world.

Never have truer words been spoken.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2005 02:15 PM
Fire

no I say it to her all the time because I don't love her

Old Post Aug 26th, 2005 02:24 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dante Vlada
Living My Last Days

Originally posted by Fire
no I say it to her all the time because I don't love her

I wasnt implying that you didnt. Sorry if I came across that way.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2005 02:26 PM
Fire

np

Old Post Aug 26th, 2005 02:27 PM
Dante Vlada
Living My Last Days

happy

Old Post Aug 26th, 2005 02:45 PM