KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Aquaman: Sword of Atlantis creative team revealed...

Aquaman: Sword of Atlantis creative team revealed...
Started by: Lucid Lui

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lucid Lui
Air Laki Laki

Aquaman: Sword of Atlantis creative team revealed...

Newsarama Interview
(please log in to view the image)

Well, that sure is... interesting news to say the least.

it's very dissapointing to find out your favourite character's being replaced as the main focus of the title. But hey, it was either this or Aquaman being cancelled altogether. And it's not the end of Orin either. He'll be around. I'm a bit iffy when it comes to the sword and sorcery style genre. But when it's done well, it can be great. So hopefully this is that good. Busiek's a great writer and the art looks amazing. I'm looking forward to it...

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Verily.
| www.lucidlui.com | Aquaman Respect Thread |

Old Post Dec 10th, 2005 12:56 AM
Lucid Lui is currently offline Click here to Send Lucid Lui a Private Message Find more posts by Lucid Lui Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

Give me Orin or give me death!

Old Post Dec 10th, 2005 01:40 AM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lucid Lui
Air Laki Laki

I'm guessing that wizard dude'll turn out to br Arion...

Old Post Dec 10th, 2005 01:51 AM
Lucid Lui is currently offline Click here to Send Lucid Lui a Private Message Find more posts by Lucid Lui Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Despite change after change - beard, harpoon, magic hand etc. - it seems Aquaman is failing to click with people. Pushing him off the stage alltogether? My my. Going into Roy Thomas territory with this sword & sorcery angle...

Namor rules!

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Dec 10th, 2005 03:09 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Never liked Aquaman, so I could care less about what they do with his character. wink

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Dec 10th, 2005 03:56 AM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lucid Lui
Air Laki Laki

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The Ion
Give me Orin or give me death!
There's some theorizing that the "Dweller in the Depths" character might turn out to be Orin. Based pretty much on the fact that in the image he has a Triton and you can't see his left hand. I doubt it though. That dude's supposed to be a sorcerer, and Orin ain't no sorcerer. Who knows what could happen during OYL though. It's possible...

Old Post Dec 11th, 2005 04:16 AM
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

Busiek's not doing away with Orin altogether, but for awhile, the story of Atlantis is going to be focusing on someone else. I'll be picking it up.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2005 04:35 PM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

hahaha...reminds me of a pic i found once...wait here it is:

Attachment: aquaman.gif
This has been downloaded 56 time(s).

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Dec 11th, 2005 05:36 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
goku-vs-superma
The Comic Book King

I rather like the mystic/magic aspect to atlantis. I was starting to find aquaman dull, but once tempest started getting ito sorcerery and orin traded in his harpoon for the enchanted water hand thingy I really got interested.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2005 08:05 PM
goku-vs-superma is currently offline Click here to Send goku-vs-superma a Private Message Find more posts by goku-vs-superma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote