KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Annihilation: Return of Marvel's Cosmics

Annihilation: Return of Marvel's Cosmics
Started by: Lucid Lui

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (41): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

I'm a bit dissappointed in this, I have to admit....

Only great titles (and only worth reading IMHO) have been Silver Surfer and Nova. The ones I waited most were mostly a bit crappy (Skrull and Ronan) I mean, WTF was with Gamora? And the art in Super Skrull sick

Old Post Jul 16th, 2006 10:50 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

Surfer and Nova is all I've been reading. Never cared about the other two but I did pick up the issue where Gamora kicked around Ronan.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2006 10:53 PM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Has Quasar always been like that, by the way? I like him. Not because he is badass or anything, but because he is...nice. Polite. Is that odd?

Surfer has the best art hands down. But I think I like the story of Nova better.

Last edited by DarkCrawler on Jul 16th, 2006 at 11:02 PM

Old Post Jul 16th, 2006 10:57 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

Yeah, Quasar has always been like that. He was an Avenger for awhile back when Sersi was an active member during one of their more ecclectic memberships and eras.

He also had a solo series which had a pretty good run, it was written by Gruenwald and was supposed to be pretty good. I've only read a handful of issues, but it had a crossover with the New Universe, featured Project: Pegasus and the Squadron Supreme a lot and Makkari was a good friend of Quasar's and often companion.

Quasar was also given the Star Brand at one point, about 10% of the power he wielded with the Star Brand remains within his body. Were he to die, if his body was left intact, over time it might regenerate, if any creators want to go near the can of worms that is the New Universe.

Quesada remarked awhile ago in one of his Joe Friday's columns over at Newsarama that he liked the Quasar set up, but Wendell Vaughn as the wielder of the Quantum Bands has never really worked for him and I can see his point. Wendell was just another run of the mill SHIELD agents before he found the Bands (I forget the exact story, but it had to do with SHIELD since they confiscated the bands after Bob Grayson seemingly died). Aside from that, he had no real reason for being a hero, it was always just "sweet, I have super powers, may as well use 'em for good."

Interestingly enough, for any Quasar fans, the original bearer of the Quantum Bands, Bob Grayson a.k.a. Marvel Boy will be returning in Agents of Atlas. I'm interested to see if Parker elaborates on the Quantum Bands and their early history.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2006 12:44 AM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

I too think Wendall Vaugh is the other hero that is going to die. sad Although, I'm pretty sure the Quantum Bands will be passed on to another. Whoever takes in the reign of the Quantum Bands better do the bands some justice.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2006 01:36 AM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Validus
Surfer and Nova is all I've been reading. Never cared about the other two but I did pick up the issue where Gamora kicked around Ronan.

He's gonna own her oh so hard.

But, wherever there is Gamora there surely will be Warlock. I feel a major jobbing coming. Unfortunately I think Warlock will do the jobbing. sad

Damn...

Old Post Jul 17th, 2006 01:39 AM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

Giffen said Warlock wasn't going to show up in Annihilation.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2006 03:23 PM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

Originally posted by ScarletSpider
Giffen said Warlock wasn't going to show up in Annihilation.

I figured it out. A man can hope though...

Old Post Jul 17th, 2006 03:50 PM
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

Scans will be up soon of Nova Annihilation #1 and #2.

This is so sad...

Nova #4 has confirmed my suspicions:

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Annihilus has killed Quasar and has taken the Quantum Bands for himself. sad God dammit...

Old Post Jul 21st, 2006 08:41 PM
Mr.Biscuits

Originally posted by Adam Warlock

This is so sad...

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Annihilus has killed Quasar and has taken the Quantum Bands for himself. sad God dammit...

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Doesn't he still have a percentage of the star brand? then he should be revived no?

Old Post Jul 21st, 2006 09:18 PM
Mr.Biscuits is currently offline Click here to Send Mr.Biscuits a Private Message Find more posts by Mr.Biscuits Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

Originally posted by Adam Warlock

This is so sad...

ah Sh#t

Made by Jugg666

Old Post Jul 21st, 2006 09:20 PM
HueyFreeman is currently offline Click here to Send HueyFreeman a Private Message Find more posts by HueyFreeman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

Originally posted by Skeets
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Doesn't he still have a percentage of the star brand? then he should be revived no?

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: He should still have an insignificant amount of it left. He should be able to resurrect himself with it. The thing is, I have no idea what he's going to do after that. I mean without the Quantum bands he's basically just an immortal human.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2006 09:24 PM
Winter Soldier
Who cares...

I so wish I hadn't read that

I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species that I realized you aren't actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with its surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply, and multiply until every natural resource is consumed. And the only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You are a plague, and we...are the cure.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2006 10:30 PM
Winter Soldier is currently offline Click here to Send Winter Soldier a Private Message Find more posts by Winter Soldier Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

It's not even a very matter of fact death. So easily reversible it's not worth a tombstone.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2006 10:31 PM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marvelprince
Illuminati Founder

I think the Marvel folk are gonna forget abou that little factor. Ever since that Joe Q interview I knew Quasar was on the chopping block. He said Wendall isn't interesting and will never be. If someone made a push for him he could be. He's supposed to be a Captain America of the cosmos, so make him act like it. You guys can't imagine how pissed off I am at Marvel for this. I mean if I had a chance to write comics Quasar would probably be my first choice.

Sig by The Pittman

Old Post Jul 21st, 2006 10:56 PM
marvelprince is currently offline Click here to Send marvelprince a Private Message Find more posts by marvelprince Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

Nova #1 Scans 1st. Phase

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2006 03:27 AM
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

Nova #1 Scans 2nd. Phase

Last edited by Adam Warlock on Jul 22nd, 2006 at 03:37 AM

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2006 03:34 AM
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

Nova #2 1st. Phase

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2006 07:14 AM
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

Nova #2 2nd Phase

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2006 07:16 AM
King KAM

Super-skrull is dead too.....sad

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2006 11:19 AM
King KAM is currently offline Click here to Send King KAM a Private Message Find more posts by King KAM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote