KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Punisher War Journal

Punisher War Journal
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Punisher War Journal

Talk about the ongoing series here..

i don't mind this series myself and yes i know its not exactly the best one around it could be alot better when it comes to the art

Got #18 today

What was the deal with the Jigsaw one minute his face is perfect and then next its back to the way it was during that torture scene or did that police officer from couple of issues back was also there ?

got a bit confusing during that torture scene.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2008 02:24 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Haven't got that far yet.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2008 02:31 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

I liked it at the beggining but dropped it after he started using that lame variation of the Captain America suit. Now the art is too horrendous for me to pick it up.

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2008 04:03 PM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jumpmann
Glower of Eyes

Yeah been kind of going downhill lately, can't say I recommend it with Garth Ennis writing Punisher.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2008 04:11 PM
jumpmann is currently offline Click here to Send jumpmann a Private Message Find more posts by jumpmann Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

They shouldve left The Punisher alone. This new title wasnt necessary. They shouldve done it as a mini series.

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2008 04:17 PM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

The current art is about the worst I've ever seen .... but it's Chaykin so you have to expect that.

sad

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jun 11th, 2008 05:18 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Scoobless
The current art is about the worst I've ever seen .... but it's Chaykin so you have to expect that.

sad

Chaykin, nuff said. Somebody should just tell him to work for DC or something and stay the **** out of Marvel.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2008 05:36 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Phantom Zone
Chaykin, nuff said. Somebody should just tell him to work for DC or something and stay the **** out of Marvel.

Yea i've heard the same about chaykin myself got told his art was 10x better back in the 80's.

Originally posted by jumpmann
can't say I recommend it with Garth Ennis writing Punisher.

Not for long tho

Old Post Jun 12th, 2008 10:05 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Taking back what i said about this series "i don't mind this series myself"

Thinking of dropping this series I don't really like the matt fraction and chaykin team and going by the reviews over at review busters it does'nt get better after #18 keeps going down hill. I may come back to it "if" it gets better but until then i'm going to get the rest of the punisher MAX trades.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2008 01:11 PM
Deadline

Ok ok, I know this could be old news but has anyone read Punisher War journal 15?

Did anyone see the fight between Punisher and Kraven The Hunter.....god damn!

Old Post Jul 10th, 2008 04:46 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

That story was a good one, One of the better stories from this series.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2008 07:57 AM
Deadline

Originally posted by Kazenji
That story was a good one, One of the better stories from this series.

Damn straight. I also read 16 and 17 cant say I like the artwork much but I thought the stories were good, doesn't have to be about violence.

Im going to get the other issues because the taskforce that GW Bridge sets up is interesting especially with Domino being part of it.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2008 09:42 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I'll be happy when the crappy Jigsaw story ends as much as i like that villain

and hopefully the series gets better.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2008 10:22 AM
jgiant
Subject is Lethal

Fraction is slowly destroying the character in the 616 universe. I stopped picking this one up when i read the issue with spiderman and rino, fraction made frank look like a jackass. And the art currently is vomit inducing.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2008 01:51 PM
jgiant is currently offline Click here to Send jgiant a Private Message Find more posts by jgiant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Fraction needs to go back and have a look at the older punisher comic series (1987 - 1995) and see what made them good even that series had action in and punisher killing people maybe not as graphic as the MAX Series but he still killed people

Old Post Jul 11th, 2008 03:00 PM
Deadline

Originally posted by jgiant
Fraction is slowly destroying the character in the 616 universe. I stopped picking this one up when i read the issue with spiderman and rino, fraction made frank look like a jackass. And the art currently is vomit inducing.

I didnt have a problem with that issue but I was kinda on how Spiderman dealt with him.

Chaykin still there?

Old Post Jul 11th, 2008 03:09 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Well the last part for the story comes out in september, Hopefully Chaykin pisses off .

Old Post Jul 12th, 2008 04:00 AM
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

I heard some rumours about Frank performing surgery on himself again.

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post Jul 12th, 2008 12:12 PM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

wonder if he'll become an african american again.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2008 01:16 PM
Deadline

Originally posted by Kazenji
wonder if he'll become an african american again.

Its ok the poster (llagrok) is making an indirect dig at me through his post, nothing to do with the series.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2008 01:17 PM