KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » You've been heraldized

You've been heraldized
Started by: Sixth_Winged

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sixth_Winged

You've been heraldized

Galactus exists on our reality. Apparently it's times up for Planet Earth. Due to the ongoing earthly crisis and disasters he noticed on surveillance, he felt pity. He gaves us an ultimatum on the day of judgement unless...............one person sacrifices himself to become his herald. Planet Earth decides the best way is for a global lottery and the winner becomes G's herald. Unfortunately.............it's you.

1) What kind of character and unique cosmic powers/features/equips would you choose if Galactus grants you that option?
2) What would you call yourself
3) Would you rebel or continue to find planets for him to devour and stay loyal?
4) If you do rebel, what universe would you go to and who are the villains you would choose to layeth the smack upon.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2006 03:39 AM
Sixth_Winged is currently offline Click here to Send Sixth_Winged a Private Message Find more posts by Sixth_Winged Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azeld

Will probably be moved but interesting thread.

1) I'll probably become a warrior type like Morg with a weapon and energy blasts. I'll make more use of my powers and cosmic awareness then he does though.

2) Varoth probably or a more normal name. I wont name myself ____ man or set myself up with a colorfull costume.

3) I would probably rebel eventually after I got tired of being a servant. If I thought Galactus would punish me to severely or destroy me I would stay. Also if I thought I had a chance to gain power by staying loyal.

4)Marvel probably. I would be a antihero kinda guy. Maybe take over a planet and try to make a empire and increase my power over time.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2006 03:52 AM
Azeld is currently offline Click here to Send Azeld a Private Message Find more posts by Azeld Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

lol weeeee :P

1) I'd take cosmic control over light and gravity, full control over said things :P

2) Nick Awesome (the only name for a hero)

3) probably stay loyal, galactus is the ultimate super cool dude #1

4) Thanos smile

Old Post Jan 30th, 2006 03:54 AM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

1) Hell yes, I'd be a high scale matter manipulator kind of guy... Good time powers are way too godly, or I'd take them. Other than that, you need the standard blasts and such, but nothing too over the top. I'd also like Runnerish powers. (uberspeed, running as opposed to flying) Don't rely on the board too much, don't get neck cramps from constantly looking "up".

2) I'd be Batman. So DC can get pissed off cuz they can't do crap against copyright infringement by the saviour of the world and all that. Plus the novelty of being BATMAN is just enormous.

3) Loyal. Are YOU stupid enough to mess with Galactus? Norrin Radd=Lucky dumbass.

4) When not looking for edible planets, I'd probably amuse myself by appearing as a ghost in front of people obsessed with the supernatural... and then destroying the film in their cameras. evil face Seriously, they really need to be knocked down a peg. Arrogant bastards.

DarkCrawler is my hero... RESPECT LEONARD NIMOY!!!

Old Post Jan 30th, 2006 04:28 AM
Dizzle is currently offline Click here to Send Dizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Dizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Dizzle

4) When not looking for edible planets, I'd probably amuse myself by appearing as a ghost in front of people obsessed with the supernatural... and then destroying the film in their cameras. evil face Seriously, they really need to be knocked down a peg. Arrogant bastards.

thats great

Old Post Jan 30th, 2006 04:38 AM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azeld

How did all the heralds jump ship without Galactus getting pissed? He wasnt happy when Surfer left.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2006 05:10 AM
Azeld is currently offline Click here to Send Azeld a Private Message Find more posts by Azeld Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Awesome....lemme think

1) Im greedy evil face Total control over the four universal forces (strong force, weak force, gravity, and electromagnetic spectrum) Light is my play thing.....teleportation for travelling anywhere I freakin want plus make me flash fast for being able to fight with speedsters, some strength and durability on par with Surfer
edit: It can all be sumed up like this:Magneto powers, plus Invisible Woman powers and GL powers X 100 plus speed plus strength that can be augmented through my other powers....

2) Proudstar

3) rebel? hmmmmmmm.........evil face

4) DC then Big G is no longer there (im assuming we still retain the powers) I then join the JLA and kick butt all by myself....maybe do a crossover and kick sentries ass.....

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Last edited by Blair Wind on Jan 30th, 2006 at 05:26 AM

Old Post Jan 30th, 2006 05:19 AM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quick Freeze
GLC Memeber

wow great thread!

1) well there hasn't really been a magical/mystical based herald before, so i guess my guy would have all the basic power cosmic stuff plus a mastery over the mystic arts aswell.
he'd carry around Hermes' Winged Serpant Staff as his gimmick.

2) Carmot (look it up)

3) look Big G, it's not you, it's me. i just need to start helping other universal entities devour entire planets for a while. i just need some space for now. don't call me i'll call you.

4) with all my power i could probably make all plains of reality a living heaven for everybody, so i think i'll do that when i feel like it. . .

(please log in to view the image)

Make your own dream team here!

Old Post Jan 30th, 2006 08:06 AM
Quick Freeze is currently offline Click here to Send Quick Freeze a Private Message Find more posts by Quick Freeze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

Re: You've been heraldized

Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
1) What kind of character and unique cosmic powers/features/equips would you choose if Galactus grants you that option?
3) Would you rebel or continue to find planets for him to devour and stay loyal?
4) If you do rebel, what universe would you go to and who are the villains you would choose to layeth the smack upon.

1) First, I'll take BlackBolt's powerset, but with the ability to control when my scream engages. Up my control over electrons so that my matter manip/construct building is instantaneous.

Gimme the shiny uber-durable coating ala Surfer and Nova, but make it retractable, with the rest of my bodily tissues being hella durable without it.

I'd rather have Spartan 3.0 style teleportation (meaning I can look at something and teleport it) than flight. Since he travels via dimensional folds, that means I can travel to other realities as well. Add to that high high HIGH-end Flash-level reaction times.

Next, I'll take this girls powers/connection to a computing neutron star.... http://www.writeups.org/affiche_fiche.php?id=2805 and use it as a navigational computer as well as a second brain/giant calculator.

Next is energy manipulation, a la Dr. Light. I don't absorb anything, but I can use any form of energy I come across.

Last is cosmic awareness. Such a delightfully plot devicey power.

2)Vox (voice in Latin).

3) I'm gonna go the route Thor took in that recent What If. Basically, pick planets inhabited by a species that is basically a threat to the solar system/galaxy/universe at large. Go in and kick the bejeezus out of any opposition, then move onto the next planet etc. etc. I'd probably take a trip to Earth inbetween planet searches just to hang out.

4) Eventually, the course of action outlined above would get boring, and I'd wanna stop working for Galactus. I'd try to find a way to do so without pissing off Galactus off, probably use my matter manip/neutron brain to build him a robotic replacement Herald. I'd go to DC and beat the ever-loving f*ck out of Superman. Once, I'd do it after draining his cells of solar energy. Then I'd give about half of it back so he could heal, come back a month later and beat the hell out of him again at full power, just to prove I could. I know he's not a villain, but I don't give a damn. Next is Lobo. That b*tch is getting encased in a fourty foot sphere of adamantium-like material and chucked into an inescapable pocket dimension of my own design. Next is Doctor Light. I like his powerset, but I don't like rapists. Oh, and Luthor is going to meet with an "unfortunate accident" that no one is able to trace to me (thank you cosmic awareness). Doomsday is following Lobo. After that, I'm gonna apply to a few hero teams, hit on some hot hero women, beat the hell out of some top tier villains, and generally show up/humiliate Supes every chance I get.

EDIT: Err, ignore that crap about Solaris at the bottom of that Professor Q page. I dunno where it came from, but it never happened in the comics.

Last edited by Khellendros on Jan 30th, 2006 at 10:59 AM

Old Post Jan 30th, 2006 10:48 AM
Khellendros is currently offline Click here to Send Khellendros a Private Message Find more posts by Khellendros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoFate007

--I would be a very intelligent but also sometimes a bit headstrong type of character whose powers include pretty much the same as Silver Surfer's, minus the board, and you know, all the percs of matter manipulation, electromagnetism, telekinesis, and telepathy.

--Blitzkrieg

--Rebel after a little bit of time of getting to know how my powers work and what my full potential is. Galactus is a greedy s.o.b., I'm not being his b*tch lol.

--I'd probably go to DC and join the Justice League. I'd be the type wherein you'll see me constantly teaming up with people to go on assassination-type missions, where say Kal-El and I decide to finally go to Apokolips and take Darkseid down, and whatnot.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2006 04:21 PM
NoFate007 is currently offline Click here to Send NoFate007 a Private Message Find more posts by NoFate007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

Galactus exists on our reality. Apparently it's times up for Planet Earth. Due to the ongoing earthly crisis and disasters he noticed on surveillance, he felt pity. He gaves us an ultimatum on the day of judgement unless...............one person sacrifices himself to become his herald. Planet Earth decides the best way is for a global lottery and the winner becomes G's herald. Unfortunately.............it's you.

1.) I will have P.C. powers over Hyper Dimensions. I therefore cannot be beaten !

2.) The Yahman / Genocide

3.) Rebel with out cause

4.) As i have Hyper Dimensional Powers and Galactus works on a 3D level, beat the crap out of him with ease, and then go perving on Filmstars such as Jessica Alba and Elisha Cuthbert, with my 5 Dimensional eyesight .... smile

Old Post Jan 30th, 2006 04:46 PM
R.O.T. Yahman is currently offline Click here to Send R.O.T. Yahman a Private Message Find more posts by R.O.T. Yahman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Re: Re: You've been heraldized

Originally posted by R.O.T. Yahman
1.) I will have P.C. powers over Hyper Dimensions. I therefore cannot be beaten !

2.) The Yahman / Genocide

3.) Rebel with out cause

4.) As i have Hyper Dimensional Powers and Galactus works on a 3D level, beat the crap out of him with ease, and then go perving on Filmstars such as Jessica Alba and Elisha Cuthbert, with my 5 Dimensional eyesight .... smile

If the powers coming from Galactus how would you be able to beat him cos surely he'd have those powers as well?

Old Post Jan 30th, 2006 04:50 PM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: Re: You've been heraldized

Originally posted by GalacticStorm
If the powers coming from Galactus how would you be able to beat him cos surely he'd have those powers as well?

Its one of those; can God create a Mountain he cannot lift scenarios ! wink

Old Post Jan 30th, 2006 05:03 PM
R.O.T. Yahman is currently offline Click here to Send R.O.T. Yahman a Private Message Find more posts by R.O.T. Yahman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Re: Re: Re: Re: You've been heraldized

Its one of those; can God create a Mountain he cannot lift scenarios ! wink

Possibly, but then his bio says his heralds are imbued with a fraction of his own cosmic power so that suggests that whatever powers his heralds are given, Galactus has to a greater degree. If thats the case then Yahman/Genocide would get butt raped across many planes of existence lol stick out tongue

Old Post Jan 30th, 2006 05:08 PM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putar
Battle Juggerpope!

1. I would have the strenght and durability like that of classic juggernaut and have his force feild and minor magical abilities before he forgot them, plus speed so everyone would stop saying "speedblitz" and me losing every fight i have with a fast person. Plus i would be about four foot tall instead of my current 6'2 and have a torso length beard. I would wear a juggernaut like costume only it would be green instead of crimson and my torso would only have a set of football like sholder pads so it would cover my chest and upper back but leave my sides and stomache uncovered, mostly fighting hand to hand or with a massive warhammer (I just really like the Dwarven race in DND)

2. Putar (My adventurer name in dnd)

3.For As long as i wanted to be there finding planets with strong Evil inhabitants that i could beat down I would stay but eventually i would leave to fight my own fights. I would try to keep the devouring of good planets to a minimum, prefferably none. (unless they really piss me off, what can i say i am an illtempered lil dwarf)

4. Definetly the marvel universe where i would challenge super heros to contests of strength and battle prowess in between my time saving the day from the likes of baddies who depend on strength or firepower. Profer not to fight any of the really smart ones or tricky f***ers(i know they would out smart me) unless no one else is willing to try, then i would, for the challenge.

Slug-Fest WOO WOO!

Last edited by Putar on Jan 30th, 2006 at 05:13 PM

Old Post Jan 30th, 2006 05:11 PM
Putar is currently offline Click here to Send Putar a Private Message Find more posts by Putar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: You've been heraldized

Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Possibly, but then his bio says his heralds are imbued with a fraction of his own cosmic power so that suggests that whatever powers his heralds are given, Galactus has to a greater degree. If thats the case then Yahman/Genocide would get butt raped across many planes of existence lol stick out tongue

It would have to be a sneak attack i.e. he'd have to be in a 3D form of conscious ness, but i would win .... There are so many ways of doing it , anyone with Hyper D powers beats all with 3D powers. Its like a nuclear Bomb vs Albert Einstien ! smile Einstien Wins smile

Old Post Jan 30th, 2006 05:15 PM
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: You've been heraldized

It would have to be a sneak attack i.e. he'd have to be in a 3D form of conscious ness, but i would win .... There are so many ways of doing it , anyone with Hyper D powers beats all with 3D powers. Its like a nuclear Bomb vs Albert Einstien ! smile Einstien Wins smile

Its why photon and Blink should beat everyone

Old Post Jan 30th, 2006 05:16 PM
Lord Ryugen
No longer hairy

High level energy and matter Manipulation, Class 100 strength and high level telepathy and telekinesis. My body would retain it's humanoid form but lose all distinguishing features such as the mouth or ears, the only feature left would be my glowing red eyes. it would also be made of a pure black substance which I can manipulate freely. I'd rebel and go to the DCU and join the JLA.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2006 11:29 PM
Lord Ryugen is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Ryugen a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Ryugen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormfront13

1)well first i would have complete control over light, sound, the earth(elements, and weather), darkforce, blink-like powers, and photon-like powers, as well as MM level tp, and a very high level tk. and the usual high class 100 strength, above the speed of light speed, and very high durability. as well as absorbing man like abilities but i can't overload.

2)hmmmmm...i would call myself force

3)i would kinda hide from him but once and a while find him planets

4)if i successfully rebelled, then i would join the justice league, and quickly become the most powerful member.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2006 12:48 AM
stormfront13 is currently offline Click here to Send stormfront13 a Private Message Find more posts by stormfront13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

Man, everyone is going to DC. Screw it, after beating the hell out of Supes, I'm going to the Wildstorm Universe and chilling on the Carrier.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2006 01:00 AM
Khellendros is currently offline Click here to Send Khellendros a Private Message Find more posts by Khellendros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote