KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Eyesight/Seeing Question: Daredevil vs. Cyclops

Eye Complications: Daredevil or Cyclops?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Daredevil 6 75.00%
Cyclops 2 25.00%
Total: 8 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Eyesight/Seeing Question: Daredevil vs. Cyclops
Started by: roughrider

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
roughrider
Thunderer

Eyesight/Seeing Question: Daredevil vs. Cyclops

Which character would you rather be, with the eye complications?

Daredevil - be visually blind, but super-enhanced senses give you a radar that works better than eyes - plus bonuses like telling if someone is lying, recognizing by voice or scent, eavesdropping from miles away etc. You just can't look at paintings or watch TV & Movies.

OR

Cyclops - can see normally, and blast holes in people or mountains, but be forced to wear the visor or ruby glasses every moment of your life - sleeping, in the shower etc. - for the safety of others.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2006 11:11 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

Cyclops, I wear glasses as it is. Ruby Lenses won't make much of a difference. And in the shower, I close my eyes because I can't see anyway so that doesn't matter.

The only thing thats with you your whole life is complete and utter darkness.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2006 11:50 PM
Darth Macabre is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Macabre a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Macabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Daredevil....with Cyclops you need special eyewear, and I wouldnt be able to get it....plus one one fighter Id take DD.........but.....having cyclops' power would be sweet......but for now im thinking DD....id rather see nothing than see EVERYTHING in shades of red....

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2006 11:52 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quick Freeze
GLC Memeber

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Blair Wind
id rather see nothing than see EVERYTHING in shades of red....

good point
if i had to choose id go with dd

Make your own dream team here!

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2006 07:17 AM
Quick Freeze is currently offline Click here to Send Quick Freeze a Private Message Find more posts by Quick Freeze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hulk_Power

Originally posted by Darth Macabre
Cyclops, I wear glasses as it is. Ruby Lenses won't make much of a difference. And in the shower, I close my eyes because I can't see anyway so that doesn't matter.

Yeah I agree. For me it wouldn't be much of a difference anyways because I wear glasses so it would be the same thing for me basically. Except I'd have to wear them in the shower and I would see everything red but I can get used to that. No problem with that.

Just look on the bright side, you could kill anyone and anything with one blast. big grin

Check out the Hulk Respect Thread

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2006 08:38 AM
Hulk_Power is currently offline Click here to Send Hulk_Power a Private Message Find more posts by Hulk_Power Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

Originally posted by Hulk_Power
Yeah I agree. For me it wouldn't be much of a difference anyways because I wear glasses so it would be the same thing for me basically. Except I'd have to wear them in the shower and I would see everything red but I can get used to that. No problem with that.

Just look on the bright side, you could kill anyone and anything with one blast. big grin

lol That is a rather good brightside right there.

The only thing thats with you your whole life is complete and utter darkness.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2006 09:09 AM
Darth Macabre is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Macabre a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Macabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creshosk

Daredevil

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2006 09:11 AM
Creshosk is currently offline Click here to Send Creshosk a Private Message Find more posts by Creshosk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jrodslam

DD.

I would say Cyclops's vision, but suppose one morning you wake up next to your wife and you accidently open you eyes to kiss her good morning? Not only do you kill her, you go to jail for murder in the 1st. Maybe even manslaughter and get the chair. sad

Daredevil Respect Thread - Iceman Respect Thread - Nick Fury Respect Thread - Respect Strong Guy!

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2006 09:26 AM
jrodslam is currently offline Click here to Send jrodslam a Private Message Find more posts by jrodslam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AcousticDoc

DD vision. I would hate to see everything in red. I would feel like I was playing virtual boy. Plus, I would be a celebrity and be invited to Oprah, Letterman and etc for being blind but being able to do thing better than any other human with normal sight can. All the money generated from tv apperances, conventions, and books would practically gurantee my life as a millionaire.

Of course the whole celebrity thing could apply to a person with cyclops vision, but I would think the goverment would remove your civil liberties and throw you into military research and etc.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2006 09:40 AM
AcousticDoc is currently offline Click here to Send AcousticDoc a Private Message Find more posts by AcousticDoc Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Etrigan
?

DD certainly.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2006 10:41 AM
Etrigan is currently offline Click here to Send Etrigan a Private Message Find more posts by Etrigan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~The Wickerman~
The Evanghelist

In our world, I'd rather have DD's powers, most likely. Not as destructive, but at LEAST as dangerous if not more, and just plain cooler if you ask me.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2006 03:11 PM
~The Wickerman~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~The Wickerman~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~The Wickerman~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Does Cyclops see in red? Perhaps just with his eyes he does, but maybe the ruby quartz does a natural corrective, inverting things to normal colour.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2006 03:35 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wannabe
P10 commercial Mindguard

Originally posted by roughrider
Does Cyclops see in red? Perhaps just with his eyes he does, but maybe the ruby quartz does a natural corrective, inverting things to normal colour.
Unfortunately not! Scott once said to his father Corsair that a sunset is not that special to him, since he sees EVERYTHING in shades of red.

Both powers are cool and sh*tty at the same time.

-seeing everything in red, wearing glasses all the time and being a potential massdestructive menace to society
VS.
-not being able to look at pictures, movies and having to hear, smell etc. almost everything, whether i want or not
...mmmhhh

I think i'd prefer to stay normal.

THE CORPS IS MOTHER
THE CORPS IS FATHER

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2006 03:56 PM
wannabe is currently offline Click here to Send wannabe a Private Message Find more posts by wannabe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

I think light going through ruby quartz glasses makes everything yellow...thats what Cyclops said in one issue of New X-Men.

Anyway, I would take DD's powers and eyesight. For reasons that AcousticDoc stated.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2006 04:59 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black Adam
Badass from Kahndaq

DD's powers. Less likely of blasting away a love ones face when I wake up in the morning.

And a Big visor and and pink sunglasses are not something I want to wear for the rest of my life.

sig by willRules

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2006 08:08 PM
Black Adam is currently offline Click here to Send Black Adam a Private Message Find more posts by Black Adam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Daredevil, biatch! cool

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2006 08:32 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote