KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Q about cutting Force connection off

Q about cutting Force connection off
Started by: Lady A'ya

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lady A'ya

Q about cutting Force connection off

New to these forums, but I do have a question about cutting off someone's connection with the Force.

I know Nomi Sunrider did this to Ulic, but is it an instant action? What I mean is does she need to do anything in particular to do it, or just use the Force without having to do something special. I was searching for an answer, and someone said that she uses the battle meditation to do it, is that true? Or does it just basically "happen" without any given time to do anything against it.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2006 04:26 AM
Click here to Send Lady A'ya a Private Message Find more posts by Lady A'ya Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Battle Meditation? No, that's not what that power does. Battle Meditation allows you to influence a side of a battle. Nor can she use it on herself.

I am sure you have to be powerful enough to know how to perform the trick and pull it off. If Ulic was more powerful than Nomi...she probably would not have succeeded.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2006 05:37 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

Didnt they do it in Kotor? I cant remember, been a long time since I played it.

I never paid much attention to it, but it is pretty interesting how they can severe someone's connection to the Force..

Old Post Jan 20th, 2006 05:48 AM
Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

In KOTOR2, what I understand (having not finished it yet), Exile cut him/herself off from the Force, but thought that it was done by the Jedi Council.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jan 20th, 2006 05:52 AM
Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

Thanks for spoiling it Lana mad *throws game in the bin*

Old Post Jan 20th, 2006 05:59 AM
Peach
mordrem

Shit, sorry embarrasment

Old Post Jan 20th, 2006 06:11 AM
Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

laughing out loud Im kidding....

Old Post Jan 20th, 2006 06:14 AM
Peach
mordrem

Dumbass

Old Post Jan 20th, 2006 06:25 AM
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Re: Q about cutting Force connection off

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lady A'ya
New to these forums, but I do have a question about cutting off someone's connection with the Force.

I know Nomi Sunrider did this to Ulic, but is it an instant action? What I mean is does she need to do anything in particular to do it, or just use the Force without having to do something special. I was searching for an answer, and someone said that she uses the battle meditation to do it, is that true? Or does it just basically "happen" without any given time to do anything against it.

Basically, what Nomi did to Ulic was something taught to her by Odan-Oor, who had perfected the technique of stripping the enemy of the force (A technique used in the wars with the Sith Empire). It's a learned technique, and I imagine that there was no defense against it; or at least, Ulic had no defense to use (Since he was heartbroken, and she was angry herself). Battle meditation has nothing to do with that at all.

Secondly, in other situations, (Such as the Jedi Exile from KOTOR II) a person divorced themselves from the Force after an act of catastrophic proportions. Literally, at Malachor V many jedi and Mandalorians died, and the backlash of that was felt throughout the galaxy.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2006 08:05 PM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

But with the Exile it was a bit more serious.

What happened to him, defeaned him because he always formed bonds with people easily. Imagine a million of your masters and students dying, Imagine the pain Yoda felt only 10,000,000 x worse because your connection to them is far stronger, and you are responsible for it. The echo's of that act caused him to go deaf to the force, to lose all connection from the force.

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Jan 20th, 2006 11:15 PM
Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

Yeah, more of a defense mechanism....BTW, in KOTOR II, the jedi council members try to cut you off from the force again...to prevent you from doing evil...(although to get to this point you must be good)...go figure.

Kreia "saves" you

I haven't read too many comics so I dunno what Nomi did to Ulic...but I do have one series of Tales of the JEdi and it does have Nomi in it...I just can't remember if it;s the one where she ends up confronting Ulic.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2006 05:13 PM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

What they want to do however is a diferent thing then what Malachor has done, its more similar to what has been to do Ulic. He was still part of the force. I seriously doubt that the technique could have worked at all.

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Jan 21st, 2006 05:25 PM
Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jack Daniels
WOW!

FISHY JULIE MIST woohoo u guys r still here! I feel internet alive once again! great to see ya here! cutting off what now?...lol ouch!...really though cutting a connection off from the force iz a kickbutt idea! will be watching this.....I could just see old azz yoda trying to do a force jump across a bridge er somethin and fall all the way downnnnnnnn again...LOL

I can't see straight will someone point me to the milkbar..?

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2006 09:09 AM
Click here to Send Jack Daniels a Private Message Find more posts by Jack Daniels Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bogen

it'a all new to me

Facebook
Cheers starlock, your a champ. wink

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2006 11:18 AM
Click here to Send bogen a Private Message Find more posts by bogen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
overlord
OD'd

Q is the elite hackker from star trek he will cut you off of the force because he can

backwards, forwards, backwards, forwards

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2006 04:38 PM
Click here to Send overlord a Private Message Find more posts by overlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lightsnake

It's a bit odd...the thing seems to be instantaneous and absolute-well, Nomi had no idea how to undo it, I have no idea how Thon didn't, given he knew things even Odan didn't- ....I really wonder how Odan learned it, given how useless he was in the Hyperspace war.

I really wonder how hard it must've been for Ulic after the blocking....that is NOT how a healthy 32 year old should look

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2006 05:31 PM
Click here to Send Lightsnake a Private Message Find more posts by Lightsnake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

Well I think Kreia described it best in Kotor II. Normal people are in many ways more capable then Jedi because they depend on the force to do everything. From breathing to walking to thinking and fighting. Having that taken away it would be like learning to walk and talk all over again.

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2006 05:54 PM
Julie
The Student

yeah, that would suck:-)

being suddenly blind and deaf to the force....

...btw, yea, I'm still around. I drop in from time to time. Gotta keep ya'll in line:-) just kiddin' just another person addin' two cents here and there

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2006 02:32 AM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote