KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Deadpool game developer

Deadpool game developer
Started by: willRules

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

Deadpool game developer

ok Imagine you have to create the plot, levels and decide how the game for Deadpool should work out. i didn't put this in the game forum cos its more comic orientated.

Here is my Example.

The game starts off with a level set years ago in the outskirts of a facility in a barren snow filled region of Finland. You are an unidentified scabby man wearing nothing but shorts running away from and attacking guards. You steal weapons and use it against them.

The game progresses into the present with the Deadpool we know. You are in your base and you get to choose certain contracts to fill out, things like killing a random person, killing a well known hero or villain or stealing items or people.

Levels include

New York
Baxter Building
X-mansion
abandoned weapon x facility
shield helcarrier
and many more

Bosses include

Copycat/Domino
Bullseye
T-Ray
Wolverine
Sabretooth
Nick fury
The human torch
The Director of Weapon X

Unlock-ables include new costumes and other playable characters such as weasel or Punisher.

so this is my ideal setting for a game, How would you guys set it out?

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2006 04:47 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules
The doctor

A) you wouldn't be able to kill any off those characters since they are well known characters.
B)Punisher and weasel, I can see why weasel would be unlockable but why punisher and what would you do with weasel hit people with a laptop.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2006 04:53 PM
steverules is currently offline Click here to Send steverules a Private Message Find more posts by steverules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Re: Deadpool game developer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by willRules

Unlock-ables include new costumes and other playable characters such as weasel or Punisher.

There would be a secret level where you battle the orginal X-Men and you could get the Jean Grey costume he had in Cable and Deadpool. laughing out loud

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2006 05:02 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

Originally posted by steverules
A) you wouldn't be able to kill any off those characters since they are well known characters.

well firstly These characters won't necessarily be killed off, just beaten. Secondly let me tell you how to sell a game. you pack it full of juicy unrelated yet popular characters!! like wolverine was a boss in the ultimate spider-man game.

B)Punisher and weasel, I can see why weasel would be unlockable but why punisher and what would you do with weasel hit people with a laptop.

weasel uses guns as well sometimes. Punisher would be an easy character who can do simillar actions to deadpool in the game. Plus he is popular.

so lets hear your idea, smartypants?

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2006 05:02 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

Re: Re: Deadpool game developer

Originally posted by DarkCrawler
There would be a secret level where you battle the orginal X-Men and you could get the Jean Grey costume he had in Cable and Deadpool. laughing out loud

laughing out loud

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2006 05:03 PM
steverules
The doctor

Originally posted by willRules
well firstly These characters won't necessarily be killed off, just beaten. Secondly let me tell you how to sell a game. you pack it full of juicy unrelated yet popular characters!! like wolverine was a boss in the ultimate spider-man game.

weasel uses guns as well sometimes. Punisher would be an easy character who can do simillar actions to deadpool in the game. Plus he is popular.

so lets hear your idea, smartypants?

Will I was just questioning you're methods, plus some else might have asked and done a much more cruel way and then you would be having arguments with them for a bout three pages now is that what you want.
You should make more characters unlockable like syren and banshee maybe black tom and maybe juggernaut. Taskmatser could be another cable possibly. There are my ideas.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2006 05:08 PM
steverules is currently offline Click here to Send steverules a Private Message Find more posts by steverules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

Will I was just questioning you're methods, plus some else might have asked and done a much more cruel way and then you would be having arguments with them for a bout three pages now is that what you want.

Is that your way of trying to get out of it? stick out tongue

You should make more characters unlockable like syren and banshee maybe black tom and maybe juggernaut. Taskmatser could be another cable possibly. There are my ideas.

Taskmaster is a possibility but this is the reason i picked punisher cos

a) He is more popular
b) those characters except maybe taskmaster and black tom don't fit into the frame of Deadpool. Its very hard for a game developer to have a character whose moves are entirely different to the next. The actions like shooting jumping and running around are common traits between deadpool, weasel, taskmaster, punisher, maybe black tom (not current black tom obviously) whereas siryn for example will be flying and such which is a harder trait to deviate towards.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2006 05:14 PM
steverules
The doctor

Yes but deadpool was in XML2 and so was Iron man and there wasn't really much point off putting them in was there! Why was iron man in the game? What was his Purpose?
Syren is a friend off deadpools and is kind off a main character in his life and that would be why she is in the game.

And I'm not trying to get outta anything I thought it would be better you heard it from me (dare I say a friend) rather from some one else.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2006 05:21 PM
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

Yes but deadpool was in XML2 and so was Iron man and there wasn't really much point off putting them in was there! Why was iron man in the game? What was his Purpose?
Syren is a friend off deadpools and is kind off a main character in his life and that would be why she is in the game.

Well that depends on what type of game it is, who said this game would be like XML2?

I was think more like the latest GTA games, but thats off the point. Im talking more about characters and levels/areas........

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2006 05:23 PM
steverules
The doctor

I was using it as an example I never said it was like XML2 did I.

You would need more, if it's marvel then it would have to be alot like the spidey games cause then it gives it the whole marvel atmosphere, but it could be like GTA since it is violent and deadpool would be someone who could be in a GTA game but I don't see it happening.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2006 05:27 PM
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

I was using it as an example I never said it was like XML2 did I.

You would need more, if it's marvel then it would have to be alot like the spidey games cause then it gives it the whole marvel atmosphere, but it could be like GTA since it is violent and deadpool would be someone who could be in a GTA game but I don't see it happening.

what would the levels in your game be? who would be villains and what would the levels and plot be?

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2006 05:35 PM
steverules
The doctor

Something sinister to do with weapon X, they kidnap blind Al and Weasel, and you can kill a random person but you have to get info from them first about where blind Al and weasel are. Unlockables taskmaster after you beat him, agent X......black Tom. Juggernaut would be a boss and so would black tom. X-mansion would be a place wolverine would be a boss and maybe unlockable plus he could help you a little when you face weapon X guards cause he hates weapon X. Syren would be in the game and a possible unlockable. Cable would alos maybe be unlockable. Costumes as well including the Jean grey one.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2006 05:42 PM
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

cool Ideal. I like the idea of agent X being playable and Logan helping out.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2006 05:44 PM
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Taskmaster would be awesome playable. You could mimic random enemies. You could have like 50 moves at time (you would have to sacrifice some to get some). Etc. If you are more acrobatic type of guy, you mimic ninjas, Spider-Man, Daredevil...or if you are more like brutal h2h, you'd mimic guys like Wolverine or Cap. Your choice.

Damn, Taskmaster would have a nice game all by himself.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2006 06:26 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules
The doctor

I just came up with those ideas on the spot, I think it would be good if marvel actually made a game like that cause it would possibly sell quite well. I think there may be a deadpool movie coming and they would probably make a game about the movie.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2006 06:31 PM
TheMercurial
Unmythical mortal

Sounds like a great idea to me, personally I'd love to have a free roaming Deadpool game...I wouldnt want to many unlockable characters though, coz Id prob. just always play as Deadpool! I think Daredevil should be one of the early bosses in the game, maybe him and Wade are both staking out a drug deal or something, Deadpool to kill one of the criminals, Daredevil to arrest them all. So youd have to beat Daredevil before the drug dealers can escape.....

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2006 06:34 PM
TheMercurial is currently offline Click here to Send TheMercurial a Private Message Find more posts by TheMercurial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

It'd be great to have a mission where you have been hired to kidnap a mutant boy or girl. The catch? they live in The Xavier institute.

You have to get into the mansion, fighting robot defences and stuff. Then you have to fight random mutant teenagers living there a mini-boss- Cyclops and then you have to fight Logan as you are about to leave.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2006 08:00 PM
steverules
The doctor

Sounds good but cyclops would be hard to beat, he would just keep blasting you.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2006 08:55 PM
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

Sounds good but cyclops would be hard to beat, he would just keep blasting you.

yeah but one well placed shot and hes down for good

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2006 09:20 PM
steverules
The doctor

Who? I mean, deadpool with a good shot with his gun or cykes with a good shot off his beam.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2006 09:22 PM