KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Odin versus Thanos with a twist

Odin versus Thanos with a twist
Started by: King KAM

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
King KAM

Odin versus Thanos with a twist

the twist is this isnt really a fight, can anyone tell me what series and issues thanos and odin fought were in???

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 12:13 AM
King KAM is currently offline Click here to Send King KAM a Private Message Find more posts by King KAM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
golem370

Warlock and the Infinity Watch #25- Thanos, Thor imprisoned, and the others appear on the Rainbow Bridge. Odin spots them on the bridge and believes they are all villains. Odin sends Asgard's forces out to defend the city. Thanos tells Warlock that they'll have to deal with the attack as he must maintain the field around Thor. Thanos sees that his side is losing. He calls Maxam over to watch Thor. Thanos goes in turns the tide back to theit favor. Odin has to go in. Odin blasts Drax. Thanos tells everyone but Surfer to get back. Odin blasts Thanos. Thanos and Surfer blast Odin. Odin blasts Thanos. Surfer blasts Odin. Odin blasts back and knocks out Surfer. Thanos hits Odin, but Odin hits right back. Odin says he is impressed with Thanos, but that scientific power can't compare to divine mystic power. Thanos blasts Odin saying that power is power and that Odin's "heavenly status" doesn't impress him at all. Odin tries to bury Thanos, but the titan smashes the falling boulders. Thanos tries to use the field around Odin, but Odin breaks free because "…it is written". Thanos says in his version "righteous Thanos triumphs over craven Odin". Odin summons his sceptor and blasts Thanos clear off the Rainbow Bridge and into the city of Asgard. Odin proclaims himself the winner, but Thanos gets up. Odin blasts Thor, but he keeps advancing until he gets a hand on Odin's sceptor. They fly in the air and again Odin proclaims himself the winner. Thanos gets back up. They prepare to fight when Sif and Beta Ray Bill stop them. Sif explains that Thor has the warrior's Madness, and that even Thanos is innocent in the matter. Odin tries to help Thor, but after failing proclaims that Thor must die

Juggernaut66666 made sig

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 12:17 AM
golem370 is currently offline Click here to Send golem370 a Private Message Find more posts by golem370 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tron
Shinigami Rep.

The scans are in here somewhere, just do a search for Odin vs Thanos and you should find it, hopefully.

Visit my city, or die at the hands of my ninjas

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 12:45 AM
Tron is currently offline Click here to Send Tron a Private Message Find more posts by Tron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kon-El
Last Son of the Sith

ill get you the scans later. Im busy right now.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 01:27 AM
General Kon-El is currently offline Click here to Send General Kon-El a Private Message Find more posts by General Kon-El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King KAM

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DrDoom101
ill get you the scans later. Im busy right now.
you have done youre part, ill just dl it

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 02:28 AM
King KAM is currently offline Click here to Send King KAM a Private Message Find more posts by King KAM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King KAM

everyone should re-read that issue, Thanos holds his own against odin fine, and he isnt near dead when the battle is finished.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 03:23 AM
Winter Soldier
Who cares...

I hope fanboys aren't still claimimg that as a victory for Odin...I've been gone a month and I see nothin's changed...that fight was a stalemate.

I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species that I realized you aren't actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with its surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply, and multiply until every natural resource is consumed. And the only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You are a plague, and we...are the cure.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 03:32 AM
Winter Soldier is currently offline Click here to Send Winter Soldier a Private Message Find more posts by Winter Soldier Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Superherovandal
CEO of BS Comics Inc.

dude a stalemate isn't always equal footing. I mean for instance I faced one of my friends in a chess game he takes like all my pieces except for a pawn and BAM! He accidently stalemates me. Thanos by no means did anything to Odin. All he did was survive and thats only due to the curse of Death. Not his own durability.

I am creator of all the master of all things BS. Bow before my mighty form!

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 03:40 AM
Superherovandal is currently offline Click here to Send Superherovandal a Private Message Find more posts by Superherovandal Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mider

even if Thanos did lose it took a skyfather to take him down only Odin, the magus, and tyrant, galactus, and people like that are the ones i can remeber who have ever schooled thanos and warlock but i dont know how there fight went so i wont comment on it.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 03:55 AM
Mider is currently offline Click here to Send Mider a Private Message Find more posts by Mider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
golem370

Well If your going to bring up Odin Vs Thanos there are one variable in that match. 1 Odin fought Thanos in Asgard that what made the difference in a Physical match Thanos is pretty Equal to Odin but he is stronger then Odin. There was no preparation for Thanos to counter Odins using tricks from Asgard. Like the staff. Also Odin said that he had not had a fight like this in Eons

Juggernaut66666 made sig

Last edited by golem370 on Jan 14th, 2006 at 03:58 AM

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 03:56 AM
golem370 is currently offline Click here to Send golem370 a Private Message Find more posts by golem370 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
golem370

Now that fight where Warlock beat Thanos does anybody have any scans of that fight?

Juggernaut66666 made sig

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 03:57 AM
King KAM

Thanos was losing but he did not live because of his "curse" nor was the fight close to being done, i want to see a re-match since thanos has been upgraded and make it out of asgard

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 04:05 AM
Hancock1

Thanos rocks big grin big grin

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 02:11 PM
Hancock1 is currently offline Click here to Send Hancock1 a Private Message Find more posts by Hancock1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

That was a good issue.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 02:15 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kid Kurdy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Crease
I hope fanboys aren't still claimimg that as a victory for Odin...I've been gone a month and I see nothin's changed...that fight was a stalemate.

Odin was dominating that fight and was kicking Thanos around. Thanos could barely walk at the end, and Odin was still alive and kicking.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 03:29 PM
Kid Kurdy is currently offline Click here to Send Kid Kurdy a Private Message Find more posts by Kid Kurdy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
olympian

"I hope fanboys aren't still claimimg that as a victory for Odin...I've been gone a month and I see nothin's changed...that fight was a stalemate. "

Stalemate means equal terms. That wasent what it was showed.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 03:36 PM
olympian is currently offline Click here to Send olympian a Private Message Find more posts by olympian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

No it showed Thanos getting spanked, getting up, getting spanked, getting up, getting spanked.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 04:00 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wally West
Fastest Man Alive

"It has been eons since I have fought such a foe. Even in defeat you are an adversary worth saluting, Thanos of Titan"

Yeah that really sounds like he was spanking Thanos doesn't it. Only twice does Odin assume he is the winner and Thanos proves him wrong by getting back up, the rest of the time they are rather equally matched, which is why Odin praises Thanos like that.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 04:08 PM
Wally West is currently offline Click here to Send Wally West a Private Message Find more posts by Wally West Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
golem370

I am saying that Thanos is a damn powerful being that has done some things that can't be denied."It is unknown what fighting arts Thanos knows. His knowledge of combat styles seems to be quite broad, as he instructed his ward, Gamora, training her to become the most lethal female assassin in known space. It is stated that he learned most of his fighting skills while dwelling in some of the most dangerous areas of known space following his banishment from Titan. He spent more than 80 years in these perilous environs, honing his deadly abilities."

Juggernaut66666 made sig

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 04:11 PM
golem370

"In his battles, Thanos has displayed not only his awesome durability, but also staggering physical strength. Impressive degrees of physical strength are the norm with Cosmic Eternals. The former leader of Earth's Eternals, Zuras, possessed physical strength at the level of superhuman class 50, as does the current leader, Ikaris. The most physically powerful of the Earth Eternals was a being that went by many names over the course of his long life, including Samson, and Gilgamesh. He was commonly referred to as the Forgotten One due to his former status as an outcast. The Forgotten One posessed superhuman strength in the class 100 range.

Thanos shows off his strength by decking Champion, the possessor of the power-gem. (From 'Thanos Quest' #1)

The aforementioned HBOTMU Book of the Dead openly states that before his death, Thanos presumably "possessed at least Class 100 strength, enabling him to lift (press) over 100 tons". This clearly places him in a class alongside such beings as Thor and the Hulk in the strength department.

While it is not proven that Death increased his strength along with his resilience and other abilities, it is assumed that she did so. However, the level to which it was increased is unknown.

One topic of frequent debate revolves around whether or not Thanos' base strength is greater than the base level of strength for the Hulk. An incident during the Infinity War leans towards the theory that under normal circumstances, Thanos is stronger than the Hulk. Fans of the jade giant, naturally, refute this...ignoring the ability of one of the two key forces of this universe ( Namely Death ) to augment anyone to nearly any level she so chooses.

Ramus, A frequent poster to the Marvel boards, had the opportunity to ask a true authority about the matter. Writer Peter David, who wrote the Hulk comic for about 12 years, is a subscriber on AOL. Ramus decided to e-mail David about the matter. He was very detailed in his questioning, desiring to avoid any confusion.

To quote Ramus, he asked "if he ( Peter David ) thought Thanos was on a physical strength level higher than Hulk at any time he was writing (meaning various incarnations)."

David's reply was simple, answering: "Yeah, probably. Thanos is kind of in his own weight class."

Nice, clear answer eh?

I would be remiss if I failed to mention the fact that the angrier the Hulk gets, the stronger he gets. Thus, even if Thanos has a stronger base strength level, the Hulk could conceivably match and/or exceed it in time. However, I must also point out that his ability to boost his strength wouldn't necessarily save him in a bout with Thanos.

Note: It has been suggested that Thanos can tap into his reserves of cosmic energy to increase his physical strength even further ( Like the Silver Surfer has been shown to do ). While it has not been proven, several incidents have shown evidence for this claim. Chief among these examples is the battle he waged against a doppelganger of himself, created by the Magus ( in the aforementioned 'Warlock and the Infinity Watch' #9 ). At the climax of this battle, Thanos appeared to supercharge his strength and durability with a nimbus of cosmic energy.

Another piece of evidence pointing to this possibility is the fact that Thanos has shown a propensity towards surrounding his fists with a nimbus of energy before striking a particularly durable opponent. It's very likely that this act increases the bludgeoning power of his fists to an unknown degree"

Juggernaut66666 made sig

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 04:14 PM