KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » DragonLance Saga

DragonLance Saga
Started by: Soth

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (27): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

DragonLance Saga

The DragonLance Saga is a huge book series, chronicling the lives of thepeople of Krynn. There are gods, dragons, knights, wizards, priests, and characters galore......I love it more than LotR for the single reason that it seems so much more real to me.....there have been so many heart-warming(and heart-wrenching) stories that Krynn is alive to me.

I strongly urge all of you to read this series, which begins with Dragons of Autumn Twilight

Old Post Nov 18th, 2003 06:12 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Corlindel
Noldor

They are fine but a minor copy of Tolkien world.

My favorite was Raistlin. A strong minded mage but weak and sick.

Por minha Dama
«...et tu seras pour moi unique au monde, et je serais pour toi unique au monde...»

Old Post Nov 18th, 2003 05:32 PM
Corlindel is currently offline Click here to Send Corlindel a Private Message Find more posts by Corlindel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BadKitty
cockeyed

Ive seen much of the art work for DragonLance Saga and its beautiful stuff,stricking images.the dragonlance world seem quite vast

Old Post Nov 18th, 2003 06:17 PM
BadKitty is currently offline Click here to Send BadKitty a Private Message Find more posts by BadKitty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

DL has some ideas taken from LotR, true, but it's far from minor.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2003 09:03 PM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

dunno if its like LOTR i wont like it. if it's better than LOTR than maybe.

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2003 12:55 AM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

It's better than LotR IMO, but don't take my word for it. Go and read!

Old Post Nov 19th, 2003 06:57 AM
BadKitty
cockeyed

I am very glad that this forum is in place. it is giving me many new ideas for new reading already

Old Post Nov 19th, 2003 06:55 PM
BadKitty is currently offline Click here to Send BadKitty a Private Message Find more posts by BadKitty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Here's a pic of my namesake, who is a popular character in the Saga, and my favorite. (please log in to view the image)

He's a death knight cool

Old Post Nov 19th, 2003 10:12 PM
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

maybe i might read it. if i dont like it im gonna post a very bad comment smile lol

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2003 11:37 PM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Well then, there's only one option for you: like it big grin

Old Post Nov 20th, 2003 12:06 AM
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

we'll see....since it's not a classic ill judge it very difficulty

Old Post Nov 20th, 2003 12:51 AM
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Lol, it doesn't matter. They're literary genius

Old Post Nov 20th, 2003 04:23 AM
FallingBlue
Twilight of Shadow

I've read the chronicles, I lvoe Raistlin and Fisban, they both kick ass in their own way

and they are far from literary genius, but still good

God is only a false hope

Old Post Nov 20th, 2003 04:52 AM
FallingBlue is currently offline Click here to Send FallingBlue a Private Message Find more posts by FallingBlue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Lord Soth is the greatest of them all (hence my name big grin)

Old Post Nov 20th, 2003 04:59 AM
BadKitty
cockeyed

teehee better that lotr? well I must give a try..'cause I love my lotr!!

Old Post Nov 20th, 2003 06:36 AM
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Yes please do

Old Post Nov 20th, 2003 10:27 PM
The_Khan

Re:

What got me into the Dragonlance series was The Legend of Huma. There was just something about Huma and Kaz fighting side by side alongside the Silver Dragon and Magius who was the original owner of Raistlin's staff.

Lord Soth is indeed very powerful but Huma is his exact opposite and if he came back from death he would be Lord Soth's archnemesis. What are your thoughts about that Lord Soth?

Old Post Nov 21st, 2003 01:51 AM
The_Khan is currently offline Click here to Send The_Khan a Private Message Find more posts by The_Khan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

I love Lord Soth for his depth. Here's Lord Soth's story:
Loren Soth was model knight. He had loyal men, a wonderful wife, his own Keep, and he was happy. Until he came upon a company of elf women, on their way to Istar, who were being attacked by ogres. Soth and his men defeated the ogres, and then he and his men accompanied the elves all the way to Istar. En route, Soth fell in love with one of the elves, and he abandoned all of his knightly restrictions for her.

He arranged for his current fie to be disposed of; he and the elf woman had a child, and all was good for Loren once more. But then the Knights of Solamnia found out what he had done, and they sent for him to be executed (in the common way for Solamnic Knights: cut his throat with his own sword). He accepted this, b/c he knew he was guilty. But Soth's men freed him, and they rode back to Dargaard Keep.

Soth asked Paladine (the principal god of good) if there was anything he could do to repent. And then Paladine gave him a vision of the Kingpriest, arrogant in his power, who planned to command the gods. Paladine was going to smite the Kingpriest and the entire land of Istar with a great burning hammer. But Paladine would grant Soth redemption if he would go to Istar and stop the Kingpriest from making his demands.

Soth immediately set for Istar, accepting his duty, knowing he would die b/c of his choices. However, the company of elf women, blinded by their own righteousness, determined to save their beloved Kingpriest, deceived Soth by telling him that his child was not in fact his, that she was being unfaithful. They were ludicrous claims, but Soth's jealousy blinded him from the truth, and he turned his back on Istar and rode for Dargaard Keep.

He arrived at his keep, and approached his wife, demanding to know the truth. Just then, the burning hammer hit, spitting the world asunder. A chandelier fell on his wife, setting her and their child aflame. She placed a curse on him, forcing him to live an eternal, hideous life. Soth and his men died that night, but they were reborn in terrible form. He was now death knight, his men skeletal warrior. The elf woman came back as banshees, nightly singing a song about the downfall of Lord Soth.

He is cursed to live forever, but all he wants now is to see his wife again. He kills b/c he thinks it heals his soul, but it only increases the emptiness in his heart

I wrote that all from memory. Doesn't that show how obssessed I m w/ him? big grin

Old Post Nov 21st, 2003 06:19 AM
The_Khan

Re:

Wow, you do remember the entire story. One day in the future when one of my artists does a character sketch of Lord Soth, I will be sure to ask you for your feedback so that we can make sure that we can have him perfect smile I'll make sure to make a lot of wallpapers just for you to have smile

Old Post Nov 21st, 2003 03:04 PM
The_Khan is currently offline Click here to Send The_Khan a Private Message Find more posts by The_Khan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Khan

Re:

Here is the character sketch of Huma from Dragonlance's The Legend of Huma, enjoy smile

Attachment: huma.jpg
This has been downloaded 228 time(s).

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2003 11:49 PM