KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » The Phoenix Force: Where does it say in any comic Phoenix is part of God?

The Phoenix Force: Where does it say in any comic Phoenix is part of God?
Started by: Whirlysplatt

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (14): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Smile The Phoenix Force: Where does it say in any comic Phoenix is part of God?

If anyone has a scan - could this please be posted smile

herd behavior is a comical thing - Thanks Silver Spider

Old Post Aug 29th, 2005 10:30 AM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

To paraphrase Austin Powers:
"Troll. Bloody troll. We aren't supposed to talk about the bloody troll, but there's a bloody troll winking me in the face. I want to c-u-u-t it off, ch-o-o-p it off, and make guacatrolly." laughing out loud

Old Post Aug 29th, 2005 10:47 AM
xmarksthespot is currently offline Click here to Send xmarksthespot a Private Message Find more posts by xmarksthespot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlaqChaos

Well, it has been stated by Marvel that it was the Phoenix Force, and not eternity, that saved Galactus from dying in the Big Crunch when the previous universe ended.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2005 01:44 PM
BlaqChaos is currently offline Click here to Send BlaqChaos a Private Message Find more posts by BlaqChaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BlaqChaos
Well, it has been stated by Marvel that it was the Phoenix Force, and not eternity, that saved Galactus from dying in the Big Crunch when the previous universe ended.

Yes but it was the "Phoenix force of "that" universe" quote, unquote - What's God got to do with it? As the old song says confused or was that lovesmile

Last edited by Sir Whirlysplat on Aug 29th, 2005 at 05:17 PM

Old Post Aug 29th, 2005 05:14 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by xmarksthespot
To paraphrase Austin Powers:
"Troll. Bloody troll. We aren't supposed to talk about the bloody troll, but there's a bloody troll winking me in the face. I want to c-u-u-t it off, ch-o-o-p it off, and make guacatrolly." laughing out loud

X are you I hate Whirly? confused

Old Post Aug 29th, 2005 05:18 PM
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

laughing out loud No whirly I like your sardonic humour.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2005 12:25 AM
xmarksthespot is currently offline Click here to Send xmarksthespot a Private Message Find more posts by xmarksthespot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by xmarksthespot
laughing out loud No whirly I like your sardonic humour.

Thank you smile

Old Post Aug 30th, 2005 12:28 AM
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

up

Old Post Nov 18th, 2005 12:39 AM
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by Mr _Whirlysplat
X are you I hate Whirly? confused

I think Ihatewhirly is a part of all of us, and we are all a part of him (or her)

laughing out loud

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Nov 18th, 2005 01:00 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

Re: The Phoenix Force: Where does it say in any comic Phoenix is part of God?

Originally posted by Mr _Whirlysplat
If anyone has a scan - could this please be posted smile

ha it doesn't

heck the creation part is in jeopardy rite now

Seem Reed is the creator of the Universal

damn and these jokes

Stay Thirsty, My Friends.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2005 03:30 AM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ultimate Rage
I AM MADE OF RAGE

a very good thread,,indeed it does not say anywhere.....she only exists as part of god in GS's brain and thats cause he is like 37% of the time drunk....

Old Post Nov 18th, 2005 03:41 AM
Ultimate Rage is currently offline Click here to Send Ultimate Rage a Private Message Find more posts by Ultimate Rage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

That's the thing about being a fanboy of the top 2 or 3 most powerful people in Marvel....it changes at least once every 10 years.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Nov 18th, 2005 05:08 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Originally posted by long pig
That's the thing about being a fanboy of the top 2 or 3 most powerful people in Marvel....it changes at least once every 10 years.

Indeed it does. However Endsong was apparrently the last Phoenix appearance in 616 therefore a retcons gotta happen eventually its inevitable. However thats no biggie cos when that does happen you'll still be able to debate with the all powerful White Crown Phoenix in mind just like Supes fans can debate with Pre-Crisis or Prime. wink

As for the God link, the Crown is stated on panel to be the after life where everyone is absorbed into upon their death (New X-men 153 Phoenix and Bumbleboy), its also stated to be the core of all creation(Uncanny X-men 461).

On panel it is also stated to be the heart of the Phoenix (UncannyX-men 461) and Phoenix is said to represent the Crown in creation. (The White Phoenix of Crown). Phoenix in F4 522 was said to manifest as the Big Bang, the energies of creation.

The Phoenix is said to be the power of creation, a consciousness that manifests into the physical plane through the minds of sentient beings. For example in the space shuttle incident where the golden woman appearred before Jean it said:

“-My consciousness, my form and its ability to communicate on this plane of existence derive directly from you. They provide an...awareness of your dominant emotions and memories.

-Oh great. You mean you're a figment of my imagination?"

-You jest, yet what is imagination, save the ability to conceive of that which is beyond reality.You are human.I am of creation.”

and in New X-men 154 it follows the same idea but says the "Phoenix Consciousness" manifests through the Crown Chakra of a host:

(please log in to view the image)

In the real world the Crown is the beginning point and end of all life and creation. The Divine name of Keter/The Crown is Eheieh (which is rendered as Pure Being,or Presence.). It is the highest divine essence that can possibly be conceived. Beyond it is the Unknowable God. Everything exists in Keter in its archetypical form.The colour used to represent it is brilliant white,both to symbolize burning radiance and the union of all colors of the spectrum. (White Phoenix of Crown)

Those closest to God those who reside in the Crown are the Choir of Seraphim.

[The Seraphim (from Seraph=consume with fire) are the angels closest to God,but also those sent to cleanse creation with the fire of purification,to burn away false doctrine]. They are traditionally represented as fire emblazoned humanoids with wings.

In the physical world it is represented by the Primum Mobile or the First Whirlings of Manifestation,a phase that describes the action of the cosmic energy at the creation of the universe (The Big Bang).

In the microcosm of the human body it corresponds to the crown chakra,above the top of the skull,said to be the portal to the highest spiritual experience,the union with God.

Nuff said basically. The connection with God is crystal clear and quite blatant. By presenting the Crown and its role as more or less the same as in the real world, by having Phoenix as its representative in creation and Phoenix being referred to as the Big Bang the energies of creation that more or less confirms it.

Last edited by GalacticStorm on Nov 25th, 2005 at 02:38 PM

Old Post Nov 25th, 2005 02:28 PM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonheartmm

ur debate isnt evoliving anymore gs, try n keep up with the times old boy, pheonix was RETCONNED. end of story, ur points are as empty and ridiculous as pheonix's retcons are.{other than being older and more fallacious than most unpassed conservative bills}

Old Post Nov 25th, 2005 02:45 PM
leonheartmm is currently offline Find more posts by leonheartmm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Originally posted by leonheartmm
ur debate isnt evoliving anymore gs, try n keep up with the times old boy, pheonix was RETCONNED. end of story, ur points are as empty and ridiculous as pheonix's retcons are.{other than being older and more fallacious than most unpassed conservative bills}

I think you need to have a read of my last post on the versus forum. No retcon has taken place my friend as far as has been revealed so far. Once again you've jumped on the bandwagon and spouted your sewage far too quickly. When are you gonna learn my young friend? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Either way if you'd read this post properly you'd see that even if a retcon does take place (as it should do given that Endsong was the last 616 Phoenix story for a looooong time) it doesnt mean Phoenix cant be used in debates. The White Crown Phoenix while she was around had a link with God and i can quite happily still use her in debates. Pre retcon Beyonder isnt around anymore and neither are the Brothers or Pre C Supes but they still feature in hierarchies and debates. Theres no getting away from the Phoenix!!!!! eek! big grin

Old Post Nov 25th, 2005 02:59 PM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by GalacticStorm
I think you need to have a read of my last post on the versus forum. No retcon has taken place my friend as far as has been revealed so far. Once again you've jumped on the bandwagon and spouted your sewage far too quickly. When are you gonna learn my young friend? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Either way if you'd read this post properly you'd see that even if a retcon does take place (as it should do given that Endsong was the last 616 Phoenix story for a looooong time) it doesnt mean Phoenix cant be used in debates. The White Crown Phoenix while she was around had a link with God and i can quite happily still use her in debates. Pre retcon Beyonder isnt around anymore and neither are the Brothers or Pre C Supes but they still feature in hierarchies and debates. Theres no getting away from the Phoenix!!!!! eek! big grin

despite the retconn where the Rabbit has the power, its only "repsected" members like "Adam Warlock" - check oout spammers list

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...&perpage=25

how many threads started eek!

Who believe this tosh mate smile

Old Post Nov 25th, 2005 03:06 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by GalacticStorm

You are right in that it is to early to see where this is heading but with what Marvel has done in the past Pheonixs days as The Rpimal Force of Creation may be numbered if Marvel is even willing to place something out there that discourages their previous comics.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Nov 25th, 2005 03:08 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

Isn't everything supposed to be part of God?

Old Post Nov 25th, 2005 03:08 PM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
Isn't everything supposed to be part of God?

I am unsure as 666 is in the DC address

Attachment: picture 003.jpg
This has been downloaded 146 time(s).

Old Post Nov 25th, 2005 03:15 PM
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat
despite the retconn where the Rabbit has the power, its only "repsected" members like "Adam Warlock" - check oout spammers list

By your own admission you havent read the comic so its very naive to form an opinion based on hearsay. As a lecturer you should know better my friend. sad

As it stands nowhere does it say that the Big Bang isnt a manifestation of the Phoenix.

Nowhere does it say Eternity wasnt created by Phoenix.

All you have is a timetable for Phoenix.

Also if you actually read the issue you'd find out that the Cosmic bunny has just about as much to do with creation as Beak. The comic stated that all beings are a part of the universe and that all humanity are as well just as much as the stars. Thats what it was referring to. There is no ReedForce and the cosmic bunny did nothing. KG took it too literally and you jumped on the bandwagon too quickly because it was anti-phoenix.

Pick up an issue and get back to me. Id love to hear your thoughts. smile

Old Post Nov 25th, 2005 03:17 PM