KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Rank top 5 Vigilantes

Rank top 5 Vigilantes
Started by: joesha28

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
joesha28
Asgard's Advocate

Rank top 5 Vigilantes

Rank your top 5 human Vigilantes.......

Old Post Nov 10th, 2005 06:27 AM
joesha28 is currently offline Click here to Send joesha28 a Private Message Find more posts by joesha28 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spetznaz
Senior Fanboy Killer

1) Batman: Bruce Wayne is numero uno in my book when it comes to humans. He is basically the human animal perfected (yes, Captain America and Black Panther have uber-human perfection, but Cap is due to the super-soldier serum, while T'Challa is due to the Wakandan heart herb. Bruce, on the other hand, is 100% primo human with no enhancements of any kind). Plus he has applied himself to everything. And the fact that he is the premier (together with Superman) icon in DC gives him several brownie points, as well as being one of the best selling.

2) Matt Murdock (DareDevil): Matt would be number one in my book, were it not for his radar sense. If Marvel had left his enhanced senses as that ....enhanced ....then it would he would easily have been number one. After all a blind man who can kick butt with the best of them. The radar sense basically brought an aspect of a 'power' to him, since it was beyond enhanced senses (eg olfactory, auditory, tactile) that DD got by being blind. The radar sense was caused by a radioactive component in the chemicals that blinded him. Anyways, Murdock is still a very strong number 2 (he would have been number one, easily, had his abilities simply been better than normal hearing, taste, smell, touch etc etc, plus kick-@$$ fighting ability .....but sans the whole 'radar sense' thing. For example if DD was more like Stick).

3) T'Challa (Black Panther): This dude has access to stuff even Batman would fawn over! Were it not for the Wakandan heart herb component (which is really not needed for his character since he is bad @$$ with or without it), T'Challa would definitely be at number 2 (or even number 1).

4) Captain America: The All-American. He would be higher were it not for the super-soldier serum. At times he bores me with his boyscout ways (that even make Superman seem like a skinhead from liechtenstein), but well written Captain America is pretty cool.

5) Tim Drake (Robin): There is something about THIS boy-wonder that is quite interesting. He has a lot of potential, arguably more than even Dick Grayson (NightWing). This is the guy who after all deduced who Batman was (yeah yeah, a bunch of other people have, but been ranked with Rhas Al Ghul is never a losing position). And Bat's did say in Hush that someday Drake would be the world's greatest detective.

6) Batgirl (Cassandra Cain): Cassie is an enigma. Trained to be the best assassin ever, by age 8, she is a one-girl army. Arguably the best 'normal' fighter in DC, she is able to do moves that are simply out of this world. For example dodging a cascade of bullets .....from point-blank range, and been so skilled that CIA agents thought she was superhuman (they measured her at 2.6 times human strength and 4.2 times human speed, while it was simply skill). Oh, and she can read your body movements like a book. In terms of physical ability she is a fine candidate to take over the Bat's mantle, HOWEVER her lack of honed detective abilities (plus her lack of the extensiveness of Bruce's knowledge) relegates her to this position.

7) Elektra Natchios: The thing I love about her is that she was left as pure human (unlike DD who, although human, had the radar sense thing to him). Now, there are some writers who have given her mild psi powers, but I think making her even midly psionic just dilutes the richness of her character. There is nothing wrong in having a FULLY HUMAN and NORMAL (lol, well, as normal as a comicbook character can be) woman with no 'enhancements' that can wipe the floor with your regular Venezuelan army platoon while armed with nothing but a chicken wing and chilli sauce! And anyways, if you need a psionic ninja you can always dial 1-800-PSYLOCKE.

Yep ....that's more than 5.

Last edited by spetznaz on Nov 10th, 2005 at 08:16 AM

Old Post Nov 10th, 2005 08:08 AM
spetznaz is currently offline Click here to Send spetznaz a Private Message Find more posts by spetznaz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AcousticDoc

My candidates are all developed fighters - No super soldier serum or anything

1) Batman
2) Daredevil
3) Cassie Cain
4) Nightwing
5) Blackwidow
6) Punisher
7) Tim Drake

Old Post Nov 10th, 2005 08:30 AM
AcousticDoc is currently offline Click here to Send AcousticDoc a Private Message Find more posts by AcousticDoc Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

Is cap a vigilante? I thought he worked for the government.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2005 08:41 AM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lucid Lui
Air Laki Laki

Yeah, i wouldn't really call Cap a vigilante. Black Panther is borderline.

Anyway, for me it's...

1. Daredevil
2. Batman
3. Nightwing
4. Moon Knight
5. Rorshach

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Verily.
| www.lucidlui.com | Aquaman Respect Thread |

Old Post Nov 10th, 2005 08:52 AM
Lucid Lui is currently offline Click here to Send Lucid Lui a Private Message Find more posts by Lucid Lui Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
olympian

Batman, Daredevil, Moon knight and Red Hood devil

Old Post Nov 10th, 2005 09:45 AM
olympian is currently offline Click here to Send olympian a Private Message Find more posts by olympian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

1)Daredevil
2)Batman
3)Nightwing
4)Green Arrow
5)The Question- yes thats right I put good ole "Vic Sage", got a problem with that? lol

The only thing thats with you your whole life is complete and utter darkness.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2005 11:13 AM
Darth Macabre is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Macabre a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Macabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metalmanx
Illuminati Founder

1. Spiderman (I'm surprised no one put him yet).
2. Daredevil.
3. Punisher.
4. Batman.
5. Elektra.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2005 01:00 PM
Metalmanx is currently offline Click here to Send Metalmanx a Private Message Find more posts by Metalmanx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Superherovandal
CEO of BS Comics Inc.

1. Batman no doubt the first the greatest.
2. DD/NW. Both are like virtually equal
3. Tim Drake. HEs a great fighter and a great detective
4. Batgirl. Shes a fighter better than Bats but isn't as good of a detective as Tim.
5. Punisher. Hes a great fighter and all but the killing isn't really as cool as defeating enemies like Joker and Prometheus and Kingpin and Bullseye (for DD) without killing.

I am creator of all the master of all things BS. Bow before my mighty form!

Old Post Nov 10th, 2005 02:16 PM
Superherovandal is currently offline Click here to Send Superherovandal a Private Message Find more posts by Superherovandal Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
golem370

Wolverine
Spider-Man
Punisher
Daredevil
Gambit

Juggernaut66666 made sig

Old Post Nov 10th, 2005 02:49 PM
golem370 is currently offline Click here to Send golem370 a Private Message Find more posts by golem370 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metalmanx
Illuminati Founder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by golem370
Wolverine
Spider-Man
Punisher
Daredevil
Gambit

I wouldn't really say that Wolvie or Gambit would be considered vigilantes, per say. I mean, they're part of a well-established, world-reknown team afterall. Sometimes with government funding as well.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2005 03:04 PM
Metalmanx is currently offline Click here to Send Metalmanx a Private Message Find more posts by Metalmanx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nathaniel Grey
THE MAN CALLED CABLE

Batman
Iron Fist
Punisher
Shen Kuei
Panther

"I want to save the world and I have the power to do it." -- Cable.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2005 05:25 PM
Nathaniel Grey is currently offline Click here to Send Nathaniel Grey a Private Message Find more posts by Nathaniel Grey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheKahn
The Dude abides

1. Punisher
2. Punisher
3. Punisher
4. Punisher
5. Punisher

If you don't kill criminals, you're just not a vigilante in my book. Plus he fights crime out of a van. Do you know how Bad-Ass you have to be to drive a van and still scare people???

Carl - "No, the real point is: I don't give a damn."

Carl - "This line, here? Line of Death. You cross it, and your freedoms no longer exist. Um-kay? Have a good day."

Old Post Nov 10th, 2005 05:36 PM
TheKahn is currently offline Click here to Send TheKahn a Private Message Find more posts by TheKahn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nimbus006
Accuser

1. Batman
2. Black Panther
3. Luke Cage
4. Daredevil
5. Punisher

If Wolvie is considered a Vigilante then he is probably my # 1 or 2, and Hawkeye is up there if you consider him one too.

By: Juk

Last edited by nimbus006 on Nov 10th, 2005 at 06:50 PM

Old Post Nov 10th, 2005 06:48 PM
nimbus006 is currently offline Click here to Send nimbus006 a Private Message Find more posts by nimbus006 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creshosk

Anybody who takes the law into their own hands is a vigilante. Captain America being part of a government funded orginization (Wolverine and Spiderman are also Avengers remember.) are upholding ther law of the government, hence they are not vigilantes.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2005 06:51 PM
Creshosk is currently offline Click here to Send Creshosk a Private Message Find more posts by Creshosk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nimbus006
Accuser

Originally posted by Creshosk
Anybody who takes the law into their own hands is a vigilante. Captain America being part of a government funded orginization (Wolverine and Spiderman are also Avengers remember.) are upholding ther law of the government, hence they are not vigilantes.

Yea but Wolverine has taken the law into his own hands many a time, and he wasnt always an Avenger and has taken leave from the X-Men. And Spiderman has always been on his own until now.

By: Juk

Old Post Nov 10th, 2005 06:55 PM
nimbus006 is currently offline Click here to Send nimbus006 a Private Message Find more posts by nimbus006 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spetznaz
Senior Fanboy Killer

Originally posted by golem370
Wolverine
Spider-Man
Punisher
Daredevil
Gambit

I think the thread stated human vigilantes. While Wolverine and Gambit are 'human,' they are mutant as well (and technically according to Marvel they are not homo Sapiens Sapiens but Homo Superior). Technically it would be like comparing a modern day human with Homo Erectus, or maybe Neanderthal man. Similar, but not the same thing (a better analogy would be to include donkeys in threads pertaining to horses).
Wolverine and Gambit do not qualify, since one is a little man with adamantium pig-stickers in his arms and a healing factor, while the other is some Cajun with weirded-out eyes and the ability to put kinetic charge into anything he throws (or touches).
Human? Well, not like Batman most certainly.

Even Spiderman is highly questionable. This is a guy who is basically a spider made man (in terms of strength, speed, agility etc etc etc). Plus a spider-sense. Is he human? Well ....he is definitely not a mutant (actually he is, since the bite mutated his genome enabling him to acquire his powers, even though he may not necessarily have been born homo superior) ......but Peter Parker is definitely not human in the same way Frank Castle (Punisher) and Dick Grayson (NightWing) are.

The guy is freaking walking upside down from ceilings and tossing volswaggens for goodness, while Gambit makes cards into explosives, and Wolverine has a metal skeleton and ginsu knives popping out of his hands!
Human? Well, definitely not as human as Frank Castle or Bruce Wayne.

And putting them definitely adds the possibility of bringing people like the Flash into this. After all W. West is human .....all he has 'extra' is 'just' the ability to tap into the speed force and move faster than thought!
And Billy Batson is human ......all he has is just the 'little' ability to say the word SHAZAM and become the world's strongest mortal!
Or take Johnny Thunder for example (of the JSA). He is just your normal human. However when he says Cei-U he takes control of a 5th-dimensional genie (think mr mxyzptlk , but with much much more power) and he can do anything he wants, including making the said mr mxyzptlk cry uncle through sheer magical force.

Yes, they are 'human.' But again not in the same vein as a Tim Drake or a Frank Castle.

In the same way Wolvie, Spidey, and Gambit are more than human.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2005 07:15 PM
spetznaz is currently offline Click here to Send spetznaz a Private Message Find more posts by spetznaz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
el barto_1
kicking ass for the lord

i'l only mention real vigilantes

1. solo
2. deadpool
3. punisher
4. moon knight

thats all the cool ones

Old Post Nov 10th, 2005 07:56 PM
el barto_1 is currently offline Click here to Send el barto_1 a Private Message Find more posts by el barto_1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K Von Doom
Second fiddle

That Scourge character who killed a bunch of villains would be number 1.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2005 09:22 PM
K Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send K Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by K Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jgiant
Subject is Lethal

Originally posted by TheKahn
1. Punisher
2. Punisher
3. Punisher
4. Punisher
5. Punisher

If you don't kill criminals, you're just not a vigilante in my book. Plus he fights crime out of a van. Do you know how Bad-Ass you have to be to drive a van and still scare people???

thumb up
He has killed over two thousand criminals, all these other dumbass vigilanties cause more damage than good...they repeatedly let these criminals go to kill again and again and again...these dumbass vigilanites are just as responsible for the killings as the bad guys...

Old Post Nov 10th, 2005 10:53 PM
jgiant is currently offline Click here to Send jgiant a Private Message Find more posts by jgiant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote