KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Terminator Movies » Robocop Vs Terminator

Robocop Vs Terminator
Started by: TheFilmProphet

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Praylu
Exit Prophet Enter Praylu

Robocop Vs Terminator

(please log in to view the image)

The idea of making a thread mainly revolving around the idea of a film involving the clash of the Terminator and Robocop was originally brought on by Darth Halo.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Halo
How about trying to discuss a Robocop vs. The Terminator and see what people would of that as an idea for a movie. I mean if they can make a Freddy vs. Jason and AVP then there shouldn't be any reason why there won't a movie like this. Honestly though I thought that AVP could have been r rated. RVT if they even decide to make a movie out of it should be r rated

For those of you who are not familiar with the age old idea of placing these two against eachother. There has already been a classic game based on this along with a series of comic books written by legendary writer and co-director of Sin City Frank Miller.

SPIDER-MAN 3 DIRECTOR'S CUT PETITION HERE

Old Post May 24th, 2005 08:06 PM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoFate007

This shouldn't even be a contest. Terminator destroys Robocop faster than Kobayashi eats hot dogs.

Old Post May 26th, 2005 08:05 PM
NoFate007 is currently offline Click here to Send NoFate007 a Private Message Find more posts by NoFate007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Konjammenson

terminator would win

Old Post May 28th, 2005 10:42 AM
Konjammenson is currently offline Click here to Send Konjammenson a Private Message Find more posts by Konjammenson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eggmayo

Originally posted by NoFate007
This shouldn't even be a contest. Terminator destroys Robocop faster than Kobayashi eats hot dogs.

Kobayashi from The Usual Suspects?

Old Post May 29th, 2005 10:35 AM
eggmayo is currently offline Click here to Send eggmayo a Private Message Find more posts by eggmayo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alic88
Barzakh

interesting thread TVP. RVT has been done a lot, it is nothing new. there was indeed a classic video game in which they both faced each other, and there was this robocop game in which it has to destroy terminator. and when i think freddy vs jason was released, newsweek did this " most famous VERSUS", and robocop vs terminator was also there. and guess who won? TERMINATOR! they showed that robocop is a bit too slow, and terminator goes all guns out blazing, breaking walls etc, and in the end the line I'LL BE BACK beats robocop's line. i used to be a HUUUUUUUUUUGE robocop fan when i was like 6 years old. i was in love with it, but when i discovered terminator thats when robocop became inferier

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2005 08:20 AM
alic88 is currently offline Click here to Send alic88 a Private Message Find more posts by alic88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

Depends on which terminator... the Robocop may have a show against the T-850, but none with the T-1000.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...&forumid=55

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2005 09:17 AM
vvvrulz is currently offline Click here to Send vvvrulz a Private Message Find more posts by vvvrulz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu

I guess we can use the T-850 for this one.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2005 03:09 AM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Konjammenson

Originally posted by TheFilmProphet
I guess we can use the T-850 for this one.

...........and terminator still wins

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 08:41 AM
Konjammenson is currently offline Click here to Send Konjammenson a Private Message Find more posts by Konjammenson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

Yeah Robocop doesn't quite last the distance, I can see it falling apart pretty quickly.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2005 07:50 AM
vvvrulz is currently offline Click here to Send vvvrulz a Private Message Find more posts by vvvrulz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RevoWution™©®
pr0F3ss0r_F4rnsw0rth

That would make a terrific movie. But sadly, i doubt it'll happen.... Terminator should win though, as a few of you pointed out above, he's a bit too slow. I don't recall Robo running in any of his 3 movies...

Terminator could just take out his circuitry board thingy under his breastplate (as demonstrated in RoboCop3), and he'd be down for the count in seconds.

I like both RoboCop and Terminator though smile

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: All your Rick Roll are belong to me!!

Old Post Jun 10th, 2005 12:34 AM
RevoWution™©® is currently offline Click here to Send RevoWution™©® a Private Message Find more posts by RevoWution™©® Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Konjammenson

Robocop is a pus. There is no reason anyone/thing should be afraid of him. Let's say he was.....tough. He has one HUGE problem. He's part human, therefore he is capable of feeling pitty and remorse, compassion. The terminator is not. Terminator is a killing machine and robocop is an enforcer of justice for all.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2005 09:42 AM
U Neek
Mr

What you have to remember here is that Robocop is part man and part machine...So you could say there is a "human" side to Robocop. Humans are prone to make errors, be it when they are in a rush or emotionally distracted, etc. This is why the Terminator would easily defeat Robocop - Terminator is a machine that can be programmed to complete a machine. Robocop is let down by its human side because humans make mistakes, and so does Robocop.

Personally I thought there was no point in creating Robocop Vs Terminator, except for trying to recreate the "good vs bad" storyline. No point because, as pointed out by many in this thread, Terminator is too much of a bad a$$!

Old Post Jun 16th, 2005 08:29 PM
U Neek is currently offline Click here to Send U Neek a Private Message Find more posts by U Neek Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RevoWution™©®
pr0F3ss0r_F4rnsw0rth

quote:
Robocop is part man and part machine...

That's a good point you've pointed out, U Neek.

RoboCop, as much machine he'd like to be, he is still part human, and humans are prone to mistakes and bad decision.

Happy Dance

Old Post Jun 17th, 2005 01:53 AM
RevoWution™©® is currently offline Click here to Send RevoWution™©® a Private Message Find more posts by RevoWution™©® Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mathematrix
Im Detective John Kimble!

Maaan! Terminator would smoke Robocop's ass!!

Then make robocop eat it. lol. Happy Dance

Oracle: "Now dats f**ked up"!

Old Post Jun 25th, 2005 02:58 PM
mathematrix is currently offline Click here to Send mathematrix a Private Message Find more posts by mathematrix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chriscaffee

Robocop would lose because he is too slow. And he moves very jerky. The Terminator is more fluid and has more firepower. Robocop's custom Beretta isn't going to do jack against the Terminator, but the Terminator's arsenal of machine guns and grenade launchers could probably take out Robocop.

If the battle became a melee, the Terminator is faster so it would be able to inflict more damage quicker.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2005 05:56 PM
chriscaffee is currently offline Click here to Send chriscaffee a Private Message Find more posts by chriscaffee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jul 27th, 2005 01:56 AM
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

WHOA nice pic !!

Although I doubt Robocop would come out victorious like that.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2005 07:05 AM
chriscaffee

To be fair he looks like he has seen better days. Besides Robocop has goodguy armor, so he really can't lose. The same way the T-800/850 always beats the more advanced Terminator.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2005 03:10 AM
chriscaffee is currently offline Click here to Send chriscaffee a Private Message Find more posts by chriscaffee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RevoWution™©®
pr0F3ss0r_F4rnsw0rth

quote:
WHOA nice pic !!

You should get the Robocop vs Terminator comics then, vrulz! They're not too bad. In fact, quite good!

Old Post Jul 29th, 2005 11:20 PM
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

I didn't even know they had comics...

Old Post Jul 30th, 2005 12:56 AM