KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Terminator Movies » The Special Edition DVD Of Terminator 2 Sucks!

The Special Edition DVD Of Terminator 2 Sucks!
Started by: Makedde

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Makedde
Xena: Warrior Princess

The Special Edition DVD Of Terminator 2 Sucks!

When I bought the SE of T2 two years ago, I didn't expect it to be the Directors Cut version. I was upset when I saw that it was.

I HATE this version! Sarah Connor is made to appear so weak and useless! Take the scene in the elevator, after Arnie and John have just escaped from the hospital, and the T1000 is on the elevator roof. Sarah looks upward, and says 'What the **** is it, what the **** is going on?'

Sarah has already encountered one Terminator, and I find it hard to believe she wouldn't know another when she saw it. That line makes her appear as weak as shit!

In fact, the unedited version is complete and utter trash, all the sketchy dialog, it's shockingly awful!

I really wish I had have looked harder, and gotten the good version.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2006 03:59 AM
Makedde is currently offline Click here to Send Makedde a Private Message Find more posts by Makedde Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chriscaffee

Um that is in the theatrical version I am almost certain. The only substantial new scenes are the T1000 glitching, the chip removal, Kyle Reese, the smiling scene, the T1000 inspecting John's room and Dyson's house.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2006 05:58 AM
chriscaffee is currently offline Click here to Send chriscaffee a Private Message Find more posts by chriscaffee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Makedde

I have the unedited veriosn, the DVD version I have goes for about 10 minutes more than the other I have, it shows Dysons house, the smiling scene, the scene with Kyle and Sarah...I don't have the one with the T1000 inspecting John's room. I have seen that one before, but it isn't on the DVD...I dont have the Sarah scene from the elevator, I didn't think they'd keep that part in it, it's shocking.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2006 12:56 AM
Makedde is currently offline Click here to Send Makedde a Private Message Find more posts by Makedde Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redcaped
Restricted

Account Restricted

I do enjoy it a lot but I am begging for a CGI fix.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2006 10:48 PM
redcaped is currently offline Click here to Send redcaped a Private Message Find more posts by redcaped Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Makedde

CGI...??? Sorry if I am a little slow...

Old Post Feb 12th, 2006 01:48 AM
redcaped
Restricted

Account Restricted

Slow? Beautiful! It should be great!

Old Post Feb 13th, 2006 07:31 PM
redcaped is currently offline Click here to Send redcaped a Private Message Find more posts by redcaped Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Makedde

^I don't get it...

Old Post Feb 15th, 2006 12:42 AM
OB1-adobe

Cameron special editions movies are terrible.

BBBOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNGGGGGGG!
!!!!

Old Post Feb 15th, 2006 11:00 PM
OB1-adobe is currently offline Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Makedde

^I figured that!

Old Post Feb 16th, 2006 12:21 AM
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

I didn't like the T-1000 glitching bits, it wasn't a part of its downfall, so why bother putting it back in?

The bit with Kyle was good, but the rest should have been left cut.

The CGI is still wonderful though.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2006 01:54 AM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jenzie
you know my name .....

the glitching was battle damage, IMO
well, you wouldn't be great after being blown up in a truck, AND walking through a bunch of fire AND riding a bike through a window THEN headbutting the helecopter windshield ..... now WOULD YOU!

SC says those lines because she's hasn't got round to the terminator AND HER SON showing up, so a little disorientation wouldn't be ruled out, and possibly trying to get into her "soldier" mentality again!

and i have the widescreen vhs ultimate edition (the one with the hologram cover), as well as T2 on dvd ..... and it's still fantastic!

You can't deny the prize it may never fulfill you
It longs to kill you
Are you willing to die?

Old Post Mar 24th, 2006 01:14 AM
jenzie is currently offline Click here to Send jenzie a Private Message Find more posts by jenzie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chriscaffee

The "glitches" reveal that the T1000 is not indestructable. It also hints at his weakness (since he only starts glitching after being frozen): extreme changes in temperature. Some of the glitches are still present in the theatrical edition anyway. Without the others they just look odd. It also explains why the T1000 needed Sarah to call to John (instead of just assuming her form) and how John knows which Sarah is the real one. So yeah the glitches are actually pretty important.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2006 05:50 AM
chriscaffee is currently offline Click here to Send chriscaffee a Private Message Find more posts by chriscaffee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Konjammenson

Re: The Special Edition DVD Of Terminator 2 Sucks!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Makedde
When I bought the SE of T2 two years ago, I didn't expect it to be the Directors Cut version. I was upset when I saw that it was.

I HATE this version! Sarah Connor is made to appear so weak and useless! Take the scene in the elevator, after Arnie and John have just escaped from the hospital, and the T1000 is on the elevator roof. Sarah looks upward, and says 'What the **** is it, what the **** is going on?'

Sarah has already encountered one Terminator, and I find it hard to believe she wouldn't know another when she saw it. That line makes her appear as weak as shit!

In fact, the unedited version is complete and utter trash, all the sketchy dialog, it's shockingly awful!

I really wish I had have looked harder, and gotten the good version.

Your post makes me sick.

Are you kidding? First, the scene you are referring to is in the theatrical version. Second, she did encounter a Terminator before; a T-800 not a T-1000! Sarah had never seen a liquid metal terminator.

I happen to hate the T2:Extreme DVD for reasons of it messing up character development. I thought this would be about that but instead it is completely misguided. There is a way to play the theatrical version as an "easter egg" on that version but I forgot how to do it.

If you want a good special edition then seek out T2: The Ultimate Edition DVD. It is out of print but you can still find it. Otherwise just seek out a normal version. The Extreme version is pure crap, but not for the reasons you think it is.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2006 09:57 AM
Konjammenson is currently offline Click here to Send Konjammenson a Private Message Find more posts by Konjammenson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chriscaffee

Yeah the Ultimate Edition (what I have) allows you to play either the Theatrical or Extended edition straight from the main menu. It also has more extras then both the other versions combined.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2006 05:26 PM