KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » SHAZAM vs THOR

SHAZAM vs THOR
Started by: leonheartmm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
leonheartmm

SHAZAM vs THOR

discuss.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2006 06:47 PM
leonheartmm is currently offline Find more posts by leonheartmm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azeld

Thor goes down hard unless your talking about Captain Marvel.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2006 06:58 PM
Azeld is currently offline Click here to Send Azeld a Private Message Find more posts by Azeld Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

wizard? takes thor, i think he's prolly 'round skyfather.

captain marvel? very close, slightest edge to thor imo.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2006 09:34 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azeld

quote: (post)
Originally posted by leonidas
wizard? takes thor, i think he's prolly 'round skyfather.

captain marvel? very close, slightest edge to thor imo.

Id give CM the edge over Thor by a bit unless he uses his hammers abilities. CM is basically Superman without magic or Kryptonite weakness.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2006 09:43 PM
Azeld is currently offline Click here to Send Azeld a Private Message Find more posts by Azeld Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

why wouldn't thor use his hammer? huh

Old Post Jan 30th, 2006 09:56 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azeld

Originally posted by leonidas
why wouldn't thor use his hammer? huh

Using it and using its abilities are two different things. When he fights guys like the Hulk he usually just brawls with it instead of using all its nifty powers.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2006 10:07 PM
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Thor in a curbstomp. Why? Captain Marvel is vulnerable to certain amounts of electricity. If the said charge is powerful enough (ex. streetlamp) than CM will be zapped back to his mortal form. A recent example of this is the 5 issue of the OMAC Project. The OMACS zap Lady Marvel with electricity and POOF, she's back to her normal self.

Thor has hammer that can sprout electricity...

Old Post Jan 30th, 2006 10:46 PM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

If this is the wizard, Shazam has edge - around Skyfather level.

If this is Captain Marvel, overall edge to Thor.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jan 30th, 2006 10:50 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cheap cabbage
Nutritious Veggie

Originally posted by Draco69
Thor in a curbstomp. Why? Captain Marvel is vulnerable to certain amounts of electricity. If the said charge is powerful enough (ex. streetlamp) than CM will be zapped back to his mortal form. A recent example of this is the 5 issue of the OMAC Project. The OMACS zap Lady Marvel with electricity and POOF, she's back to her normal self.

Thor would win. It's been done, and yes thor did use his electricity thing to do it. BUT...that OMAC thing was bullshit. The lightning is magic. No way a human-robot-whatever can summon magic lighting. The writer had a brain fart on that one. Thor's hammer is magic and we can assume that the lightning that comes out of it is magical is some manner.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2006 12:17 AM
cheap cabbage is currently offline Click here to Send cheap cabbage a Private Message Find more posts by cheap cabbage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Superherovandal
CEO of BS Comics Inc.

only Shazams lightning and batman's kick can transform him to normal

I am creator of all the master of all things BS. Bow before my mighty form!

Old Post Jan 31st, 2006 12:23 AM
Superherovandal is currently offline Click here to Send Superherovandal a Private Message Find more posts by Superherovandal Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

The OMAC thing was ridiculous which is to be expected since that entire mini was filled with stupid crap.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2006 12:41 AM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

he was changed by regular lightning?? blink

wtf? on the cover of his new mini first thunder he's being hit by lightning. and thor didn't use his own lightning to change marvel, he used marvel's own lightning against him.

i'm calling bullsh!t/pis on the omac thing (and i've never even read it), and i'm highly doubtful whether thor could force him to change. even in the recent day of vengeance ic issue batson was shocked when spectre uttered shazam and changed him back. he also said he was the only one with the power to do that -- except for the spectre i suppose!

cm's STRENGTH is his ability to resist magic and magical attacks (see first thunder again -- even supes is amazed at his ability), which is why i think this is so close. i'd still say the slightest edge to thor just because of overall versatility and his warrior mentality, but this would be an awesome all out fight.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2006 01:05 AM
Sixth_Winged

Is first thunder canon?

Old Post Jan 31st, 2006 02:06 AM
Sixth_Winged is currently offline Click here to Send Sixth_Winged a Private Message Find more posts by Sixth_Winged Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Originally posted by The Ion
The OMAC thing was ridiculous which is to be expected since that entire mini was filled with stupid crap.

Originally posted by cheap cabbage
Thor would win. It's been done, and yes thor did use his electricity thing to do it. BUT...that OMAC thing was bullshit. The lightning is magic. No way a human-robot-whatever can summon magic lighting. The writer had a brain fart on that one. Thor's hammer is magic and we can assume that the lightning that comes out of it is magical is some manner.

I ALSO thought the OMAC thing was crap. However I recently read up on Captain Marvel in his own comics that were produced awhile back then. Yes, large amounts of electricity (no it does NOT have to magical) can shunt Cap. Marvel and his family to their mortal form. Cap. Marvel was transformed by Captain Nazi into his mortal form by a streetlight gone bad.

Makes sense in way. Every DC character has annoying weakness one way or another.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2006 02:57 AM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Did everyone forget the other variations of OMAC's had religious and magical objects in them? Such as the bones from an angel in the Priest OMAC. For all we know these new variations could have some magic ties as well.

Last edited by -K-M- on Jan 31st, 2006 at 03:15 AM

Old Post Jan 31st, 2006 03:02 AM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

We probably didn't know. God knows, the Crisis is so damn complicated....

Old Post Jan 31st, 2006 03:04 AM
-K-M-

We probably didn't know. God knows, the Crisis is so damn complicated....

Yep, but that's what makes it good smile. I wonder if we will see the Preist OMAC [Version IV] again.

Anyways the other variations of OMAC's and their magical properties are discussed breifly in Superman #214:

Orr-"As per one of your requests, the voodoo enhancements have been increased."
Mystery Man-"It's not voodoo Mr.Orr"
Orr-"Right. Where vee-three had--this is really hard for me to say--the skeltal wings of a fallen angel embedded in its forearms...where'd you get that anyway?
Mystery Man-"Please continue Mr.Orr"
Orr-"Vee-four has even more chruch bells and whistles. and a cricket. [shows image of modified arm]

Last edited by -K-M- on Jan 31st, 2006 at 03:17 AM

Old Post Jan 31st, 2006 03:14 AM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

Aren't the OMAC's being used a much different design than what Orr came up with?

Old Post Jan 31st, 2006 03:28 AM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Originally posted by The Ion
Aren't the OMAC's being used a much different design than what Orr came up with?

Yep, versions 1-4 were all different designs. At this time they were trying to find the perfect version, and they eventually canned vee-four [Priest] model. However, for all we know they could have similar blueprints and framework.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2006 03:30 AM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

I ALSO thought the OMAC thing was crap. However I recently read up on Captain Marvel in his own comics that were produced awhile back then. Yes, large amounts of electricity (no it does NOT have to magical) can shunt Cap. Marvel and his family to their mortal form. Cap. Marvel was transformed by Captain Nazi into his mortal form by a streetlight gone bad.

Makes sense in way. Every DC character has annoying weakness one way or another.

really? well . . . that just sucks arse . . .

so electro>>>>>>>>than captain marvel??? confused

S. T. U. P. I. D.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2006 03:10 PM