KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Supergirl Movie

Supergirl Movie
Started by: TheFilmProphet

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Praylu
Exit Prophet Enter Praylu

Supergirl Movie

SOURCE: Cinescape

SCOOP: Talk of a new SUPERGIRL movie
A scooper tells us what they've heard, and with who
Dateline: Friday, October 8, 2004

Now that we know Warner Bros. is making some forward movement on their new Man of Steel movie (with X-MEN director Bryan Singer leading the charge), could someone at the studio be thinking of dusting off the Maid of Steel and giving her another chance to fly on the silver screen?

According to our latest scooper, it's an idea that's just started to be tossed around at Warners. We are keeping the identity of our source and their job position confidential, but it's how they came to learn of this idea for a new SUPERGIRL movie.

Here's what they had to say to us:

"Akiva Goldsman was going to write the film, after writing a favorable treatment, but has decided against it, he'll produce only. Melissa George, who was on ABC's ALIAS, is someone they're discussing for the lead. Whoever signs will be signing a two-picture deal.

"They're talking 2006, but since things are only now progressing, I suspect a little later."

Our source also cautioned us that it's just talk at this point, and whatever happens to Singer's SUPERMAN film will undoubtedly take priority first. Even though Bryan Singer is moving towards shooting the new SUPERMAN movie sometime next year, a best case scenario would mean that the picture probably wouldn't be in theaters until, at the very least, the summer of 2006. Even if reception to the new SUPERMAN movie is positive, it could still be a year or two before a greenlight is given to a SUPERGIRL movie.

SPIDER-MAN 3 DIRECTOR'S CUT PETITION HERE

Last edited by Praylu on Oct 9th, 2004 at 01:56 AM

Old Post Oct 9th, 2004 01:53 AM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

the last one was ok i thought, but this'll have to be great to do well

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 9th, 2004 01:58 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu

Original 1985 Supergirl box office stats:

TOTAL LIFETIME GROSSES
Domestic: $14,296,438

DOMESTIC SUMMARY
Opening Weekend: $5,738,249
(1,608 theaters, $3,568 average)
% of Total Gross: 40.1%
Widest Release: 1,620 theaters
Close Date: January 27, 1985

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Oct 9th, 2004 02:11 AM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Magee

yea i thought the old one wasnt half bad. Confused when i watched it so many yrs ago. And now it all makes sense lol.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2004 09:47 AM
Magee is currently offline Click here to Send Magee a Private Message Find more posts by Magee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu

quote:
Originally posted by Magee
yea i thought the old one wasnt half bad. Confused when i watched it so many yrs ago. And now it all makes sense lol.

Yeah and hopefully the new one will be alot better.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2004 08:58 PM
Magee

Hopefuly.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2004 07:46 PM
Magee is currently offline Click here to Send Magee a Private Message Find more posts by Magee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

oh good lord, they're making another supergirl movie?! eek! i saw the old one and know what she's like in the animated series of batman, superman, and justice league unlimited; and i think she's lame and stupid. why bother to make another movie about her?

Need to Reach Me? Then Please Contact Me Here: [SodapopAllerdyce/Xanga] [phantomtravel3r/LiveJournal]

Old Post Oct 11th, 2004 12:13 AM
BOPRecruit 16 is currently offline Click here to Send BOPRecruit 16 a Private Message Find more posts by BOPRecruit 16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu

quote:
Originally posted by BOPRecruit 16
oh good lord, they're making another supergirl movie?! eek! i saw the old one and know what she's like in the animated series of batman, superman, and justice league unlimited; and i think she's lame and stupid. why bother to make another movie about her?

The reason they are making this film is because DC does not have a massive amount of popular characters like Marvel does so they are making films for what characters people are familiar with like Supergirl.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2004 12:47 AM
Mane
Restricted

Account Restricted

im hoping this one comes out after the new Superman movie?

Old Post Oct 11th, 2004 04:17 AM
Mane is currently offline Click here to Send Mane a Private Message Find more posts by Mane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu

quote:
Originally posted by Mane
im hoping this one comes out after the new Superman movie?

Yes.

Superman will be shooting in a few months.

Supergirl has barely come out of the script stage so it will probably take about two and a half years before it hits the big screen.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2004 04:19 AM
Mane
Restricted

Account Restricted

ok good.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2004 04:32 AM
Mane is currently offline Click here to Send Mane a Private Message Find more posts by Mane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redcaped
Restricted

Account Restricted

I understand she's from a space station near Krypton. This movie deserves a remake with real comic villains. I love her. Nice girlfriend with pure heart.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2006 04:24 AM
redcaped is currently offline Click here to Send redcaped a Private Message Find more posts by redcaped Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovacs86

Why reStart a thread from 1.5 years ago?

Thanks to Badwolf for the great sig!

Old Post Feb 13th, 2006 04:56 PM
Kovacs86 is currently offline Click here to Send Kovacs86 a Private Message Find more posts by Kovacs86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redcaped
Restricted

Account Restricted

I love this girl.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2006 10:36 PM
redcaped is currently offline Click here to Send redcaped a Private Message Find more posts by redcaped Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ThorinWoofer
Static Stance

i hope they atleast pick a girl thats hot, and younger than mellisa george.

Please Respond To My PM Barker

Old Post Feb 13th, 2006 10:52 PM
ThorinWoofer is currently offline Click here to Send ThorinWoofer a Private Message Find more posts by ThorinWoofer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redcaped
Restricted

Account Restricted

She has a short skirt!

Old Post Feb 14th, 2006 02:10 AM
NoFate007

DC should just do these instead:

Batman
Superman
Flash
Wonder Woman
Green Lantern
possible Aquaman

Don't worry about the rest. Just focus on making them all good films. Come to think of it, Aquaman has his own tv series coming out. That's enough for him. No Aquaman. Just the GL and above...and the GL should be Kyle Rayner, and the Flash should be Wally West.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2006 03:02 AM
NoFate007 is currently offline Click here to Send NoFate007 a Private Message Find more posts by NoFate007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovacs86

i want a Hal one! The Kyle stories won't be as good if Hal hadnt come first...

Thanks to Badwolf for the great sig!

Old Post Feb 14th, 2006 05:01 PM
Kovacs86 is currently offline Click here to Send Kovacs86 a Private Message Find more posts by Kovacs86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redcaped
Restricted

Account Restricted

007 is right, but I want Flash#1 to take place of the red one. Anyway, I love blondes chicks, Supergirl, and the girl who played her...look at her! How old is she now?

Old Post Feb 16th, 2006 02:27 AM
eleveninches
God of my own world

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NoFate007
DC should just do these instead:

Batman
Superman
Flash
Wonder Woman
Green Lantern
possible Aquaman

Don't worry about the rest. Just focus on making them all good films. Come to think of it, Aquaman has his own tv series coming out. That's enough for him. No Aquaman. Just the GL and above...and the GL should be Kyle Rayner, and the Flash should be Wally West.

MOvies DC really should do:
Green Arrow
Flash
Green Lantern
Batman - DONE
Superman - DONE
Wonder Woman - DONE
Constantine - DONE
JLA (do a big jla movie when all other major charachters have had their own movie)

Old Post Feb 16th, 2006 10:49 AM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote