KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » -=- The Rolling Stones -=-

-=- The Rolling Stones -=-
Started by: Koala MeatPie

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Koala MeatPie
Tonk's Husband

-=- The Rolling Stones -=-

The Non Fan-girl thread.

They are really good, I recognize there tallent, but there are only a few songs I like from them.

Such as "Painted Black" and "Satisfaction"

I still like them then 97% of all "modern" bands, Me being a classic rock fan. (60ies - 70ies, most of 80ies lost the "sound" and general meaning that is now classic rock. THANK YOU VERY MUCH KIM WILDE AND A-HA!!!)

Your thoughts and imputs on them?

Last edited by Koala MeatPie on Feb 8th, 2006 at 09:53 PM

Old Post Feb 8th, 2006 09:51 PM
Koala MeatPie is currently offline Click here to Send Koala MeatPie a Private Message Find more posts by Koala MeatPie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Think they should go ahead and die, personally. After the Super Blow (sic) performance, they've proven they're just a broken hip away from retirement.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2006 10:20 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BobbyD
Animal Lover

laughing

Okay, all kidding aside-I agree with you for the most part, Koala. But, in the present, they are not good. They are living off of their name and old stuff from there younger days, which is fine. Don't get me wrong, they don't stink-they're just not any good anymore.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2006 10:29 PM
BobbyD is currently offline Click here to Send BobbyD a Private Message Find more posts by BobbyD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Koala MeatPie
Tonk's Husband

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BobbyD
laughing

Okay, all kidding aside-I agree with you for the most part, Koala. But, in the present, they are not good. They are living off of their name and old stuff from there younger days, which is fine. Don't get me wrong, they don't stink-they're just not any good anymore.

I compleatly Agree.

They are sell offs.

But one must retire (or not) one day.

At least Pink Floyd (or Roager waters for the most part) is giving there profits to charity.

Long live Pink. (many meanings to that)

Old Post Feb 8th, 2006 10:46 PM
Koala MeatPie is currently offline Click here to Send Koala MeatPie a Private Message Find more posts by Koala MeatPie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm gonna not be as extreme as to hope they die, because that's a bit stupid.

They're not as good as they once were because of a multitude of reasons, but they were very good and I like their older work.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Feb 8th, 2006 10:47 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

I haven't heard any of the new stuff so can't comment on it, but I love listening to their past work.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2006 11:42 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ThorinWoofer
Static Stance

oooohhhh yeah, sympathy for the devil, wild horses and satisfaction, are some of my favorite songs by them.

oh and paint it black and so hott for you.

Please Respond To My PM Barker

Old Post Feb 8th, 2006 11:45 PM
ThorinWoofer is currently offline Click here to Send ThorinWoofer a Private Message Find more posts by ThorinWoofer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scarecrow756
The Joker

I have just started listening to them they are quite good I think.

"STARTING TONIGHT PEOPLE WILL DIE.. I`M A MAN OF MY WORD"-
THE JOKER- THE DARK KNIGHT TEASER TRAILER

Old Post Feb 9th, 2006 10:13 PM
Scarecrow756 is currently offline Click here to Send Scarecrow756 a Private Message Find more posts by Scarecrow756 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StinkFist462
Your Mom

the Super Bowl preformance was a disaster.

give it up already.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2006 02:07 AM
StinkFist462 is currently offline Click here to Send StinkFist462 a Private Message Find more posts by StinkFist462 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beyond Image
RE SOCK the UNITY

boy oh boy, do i have some songs that rock. such as

have you seen my baby? from 40 licks album
wild horses...excellent
happy angie...yeah!

and it branches from there on out...with other great bands through out the 60, 70, and the 80. good tunes, won't you say...Koala?

Old Post Feb 10th, 2006 02:20 AM
Beyond Image is currently offline Click here to Send Beyond Image a Private Message Find more posts by Beyond Image Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Refused
Iconoclast

The only song i like of theirs is She's a Rainbow because i haven't bothered to get one of their albums.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2006 03:44 AM
Refused is currently offline Click here to Send Refused a Private Message Find more posts by Refused Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote