KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Lord of the Rings vs. Star Wars.

Lord of the Rings vs. Star Wars.
Started by: Johnlindsey289

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (24): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Johnlindsey289

Lord of the Rings vs. Star Wars.

There can be only one fantasy trilogy!

Which is the better trilogy and who is better George Lucas or Peter Jackson?

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2004 12:54 PM
Johnlindsey289 is currently offline Click here to Send Johnlindsey289 a Private Message Find more posts by Johnlindsey289 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

The Original Star Wars Trilogy is the one to rule them all.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2004 01:13 PM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alice_In_Chains
JUNKHEAD

Lord Of The Rings all the way!!!

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2004 01:42 PM
Alice_In_Chains is currently offline Click here to Send Alice_In_Chains a Private Message Find more posts by Alice_In_Chains Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
daronisgod
Mesmerized & Hypnotized

LOTR... George Lucas admitted that a lot of the inspiration for SW was LOTR.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2004 01:52 PM
daronisgod is currently offline Click here to Send daronisgod a Private Message Find more posts by daronisgod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Re: Lord of the Rings vs. Star Wars.

quote:
Originally posted by Johnlindsey289
There can be only one fantasy trilogy!

Which is the better trilogy and who is better George Lucas or Peter Jackson?

Err....Star Wars is Sci-fi. LOTR is Fantasy. Both are winners and the Matrix trilogy sucks. There, the argument is finish.

Lucas and Jackson Happy Dance

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2004 02:35 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

Star Wars kicks LOTR's ass. And SW was inspired by Flash Gordon, I thought....

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2004 02:38 PM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

I think the two are on par with one another, personally. On scale, P.J.'s got his number, though.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2004 03:04 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

First of all SW is a sage 6 movies LOTR is a trilogy 3 movies..........and while LOTR is excellent, it doesnt equal SW IMHO.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2004 06:57 PM
~JP~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spearhead
Prophet

Star Wars, defintely.

LoTR has too many characters to keep track of if you haven't read the books, and majority of the people who have seen LoTR haven't read them...

Not to mention I love sci fi thumb up

I'm a signature!

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2004 07:02 PM
Spearhead is currently offline Click here to Send Spearhead a Private Message Find more posts by Spearhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

But Spear, both LOTR and Star Wars have a lot of characters. Some times is hard to keep track of all of them. Plus the SW Universe is as large as Middle Earth.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2004 07:07 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

quote:
Originally posted by JKozzy
The Original Star Wars Trilogy is the one to rule them all.

Since the first two films STAR WARS AND EMPIRE STRIKES BACK are my two favorite films of all time,I want to say I agree on that,but since Return of the jedi was such a dissapointment and I thought all of the 3 Lord of the rings films were all good and were not dissapointed with them,I got to give this to Lord of the rings.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2004 08:30 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean
Warum ist die Sonne rund?

LOTR...w/o even thinking twice.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2004 10:08 PM
Kelly_Bean is currently offline Click here to Send Kelly_Bean a Private Message Find more posts by Kelly_Bean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MC Mike
Voice of the Voiceless

Are you kidding? Comparing Star Wars to LOTR? Star Wars is better! It accomplished more in films 30% shorter.

A posse ad esse.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2004 10:33 PM
MC Mike is currently offline Click here to Send MC Mike a Private Message Find more posts by MC Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Clovie

neither no expression

tricked me once - shame on you, tricked me twice - shame on me

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2004 11:22 PM
Clovie is currently offline Click here to Send Clovie a Private Message Find more posts by Clovie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spearhead
Prophet

quote:
Originally posted by WindDancer
But Spear, both LOTR and Star Wars have a lot of characters. Some times is hard to keep track of all of them. Plus the SW Universe is as large as Middle Earth.

Ok, let me rescind my statement. There's more important characters in LoTR than in Star Wars, and it's a bit east to lose track of them.

I'm a signature!

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2004 11:38 PM
Spearhead is currently offline Click here to Send Spearhead a Private Message Find more posts by Spearhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Star Wars, no contest. LOTR sucks IMO.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2004 12:13 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean
Warum ist die Sonne rund?

u suck

Old Post Sep 24th, 2004 12:28 AM
Kelly_Bean is currently offline Click here to Send Kelly_Bean a Private Message Find more posts by Kelly_Bean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

You should hear who I think is one of the worse big name actors as well.

**hint** check your avatar **hint**

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2004 12:30 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vaya_the_elf
You know you love elves

Don't think I can compare. Both beyond great. Each has different worlds. So I would go with both.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2004 12:51 AM
vaya_the_elf is currently offline Click here to Send vaya_the_elf a Private Message Find more posts by vaya_the_elf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloomBabyGirl
Bond....James Bond

both arre so different. and both can get you lost ...EASILY. as far as fights i thought SW was better and the bad guys rock hard in SW but LOTR (in my humble opinion) has a better story (i kinda hate space) and the books are works of art

bitches bow down

Old Post Sep 24th, 2004 01:31 AM
BloomBabyGirl is currently offline Click here to Send BloomBabyGirl a Private Message Find more posts by BloomBabyGirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote