KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Signature Forum » Signature Duel Forum » Signature Duel Tournament

Signature Duel Tournament
Started by: DigiMark007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Digi
Forum Leader

Signature Duel Tournament

This comes with Lana's blessing (to dispel any thoughts that I'm going rogue here).

Over in the comics forum we've had regular tournaments which are usually very popular. Copy/paste that idea in this forum, and you'll see where I'm going.

Provided there's enough interest, I'd like to spearhead a tournament that goes a bit further than our regular duels. We'll have seedings, brackets, eliminations...and an eventual winner. The winner, besides adding some more duel wins to his/her belt, will be the "KMC Signature Champion" until another similar tourney puts their "championship" on the line (every few months seems reasonable, though it's certainly up in the air).

I'd be doing most of it...but would also ask selected others to be guest judges and stuff like that. If this happens, I'd like to enter as well, though there'd obviously be someone else judging my matches to make it impartial.

Questions? Concerns? Remarks?

Mainly what I need is a "I'm in" or similar affirmation if you want to be in it, so that we can get a decent head-count. We can make most even numbers work, though 8 or 16 is obviously the ideal for a bracket-style tourney.

-DM cool

Old Post Jan 31st, 2006 05:16 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

I'm in...

Old Post Jan 31st, 2006 05:18 AM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BakaXero
Free SUGAR!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by KENobi™
I'm in...

Old Post Jan 31st, 2006 05:20 AM
BakaXero is currently offline Click here to Send BakaXero a Private Message Find more posts by BakaXero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

Sure..

Old Post Jan 31st, 2006 05:20 AM
Hazardous is currently offline Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

smile Hmmm...looks like interest won't be a problem.

Keep in mind this'll run slightly slower than normal duels, but once the matches start it should only take about 2 weeks.

I'd also like to set up the matches randomly, but I'm thinking setting the top few seeds aside for heavyweights (like Ken, for example, and others if they join) might be good...to heighten the drama of the later matches.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2006 05:26 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

I'll join in happy

And of course if you need any help with this, Digi, you only need ask yes

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jan 31st, 2006 05:30 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

In.
Definitly.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2006 05:34 AM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Lana
I'll join in happy

And of course if you need any help with this, Digi, you only need ask yes

happy

I was hoping you'd join...lends some extra credibility to the proceedings. 5 already then, and I guess I make 6. I'm shooting for 16, so this might have to stay up for a day or two until the slots are filled. But if they're not, we'll improvise.

P.S. Anyone can feel free to PM anyone they think would be good for this (Duel regulars and such). And feel free to voice any opinions, ideas, or questions.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2006 05:36 AM
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by DigiMark007
happy

I was hoping you'd join...lends some extra credibility to the proceedings. 5 already then, and I guess I make 6. I'm shooting for 16, so this might have to stay up for a day or two until the slots are filled. But if they're not, we'll improvise.

P.S. Anyone can feel free to PM anyone they think would be good for this (Duel regulars and such). And feel free to voice any opinions, ideas, or questions.

I'll bet anything that Barker, DW, Godshinto and TOH will join in....probably Hotsauce, TheLaw, DEV1L....and any other random people we manage to draw on here.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2006 05:38 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Here's a thought....

Do we need overarching rules, like a standard file size limit for all matches (my initial thought would be 450x150 and circa 40KB)...or should it change match-to-match?

Old Post Jan 31st, 2006 05:39 AM
Peach
mordrem

Hmmmm.

I think something like 450x150 and 50kb would be fine for all of them, since that's more or less the standard for the duels themselves.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2006 05:41 AM
LanceWindu

How about for each level of the tourny there is only 1 set of rules. Same render, everything. It changes for each level though.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2006 05:46 AM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

{edit}

Old Post Jan 31st, 2006 05:47 AM
Peach
mordrem

How about for each level of the tourny there is only 1 set of rules. Same render, everything. It changes for each level though.

Pretty much what I was thinking would be best.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2006 05:49 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

Actually, I was planning on saving something like that for special cases. Say we have...maybe 14 people. At the end of round 1 we'd have 7 left. Not a good number. To get an eighth, I would put everyone who lost in round 1 in a battle royale style match with the same render to give them the chance to get back in it. Kinda crazy, but it could be fun.

But nothing is set in stone yet. So please comment if you like/dislike any of these ideas. I'll gauge popular opinion as much as possible and make decisions as needed. I'm not either for or against the same-render right now, but once we have everyone I'll see what everyone has said and decide. Thanks though...it could streamline things quite a bit if we do it. smile

Last edited by Digi on Jan 31st, 2006 at 05:53 AM

Old Post Jan 31st, 2006 05:51 AM
Peach
mordrem

Sorta like a wild card thingy?

I think the first round should be a free-for-all, in that everyone can pick their own images, style, etc. and just have to adhere to size restrictions that are set.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2006 05:54 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

Sorta like a wild card thingy?

I think the first round should be a free-for-all, in that everyone can pick their own images, style, etc. and just have to adhere to size restrictions that are set.

Images...you mean like pick their own renders?

Anyway, I kinda agree. Looking at the same render 16 times might be a tad too much.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2006 05:56 AM
Hazardous

Actually, I was planning on saving something like that for special cases. Say we have...maybe 14 people. At the end of round 1 we'd have 7 left. Not a good number. To get an eighth, I would put everyone who lost in round 1 in a battle royale style match with the same render to give them the chance to get back in it. Kinda crazy, but it could be fun.

Im up for this one thumb up

Old Post Jan 31st, 2006 05:56 AM
Hazardous is currently offline Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Images...you mean like pick their own renders?

Anyway, I kinda agree. Looking at the same render 16 times might be a tad too much.

Yep. Toss a little variety into the mix, and allow everyone to work in their styles with something they're most comfortable with for the first round.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2006 05:59 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

Yep. Toss a little variety into the mix, and allow everyone to work in their styles with something they're most comfortable with for the first round.

Hmph. Interesting. An obvious break from normal duel protocol, but it could be fun.

It would still have to be head-to-head though....not "16 people GO!" type of thing. And at least the later rounds should have a set render.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2006 06:02 AM