KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » Ouchies!

Ouchies!
Started by: ILoveMyDaniel

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kelly_Bean
Warum ist die Sonne rund?

Warning Ouchies!

I was at the Clay last night and I was outside 99% of the night. I have swollen, sore neck glands and a sore throat that woke me up at 4.00 AM this morning. Ouchies! It was well worth it considering last night was fun as hell but does anyone know any good home remedies I could use to calm the throat irritation every time I gulp, and the swollen gland feeling that makes me feel like my throat is going to swell shut?
Spank You All

Old Post Mar 4th, 2006 03:04 PM
Kelly_Bean is currently offline Click here to Send Kelly_Bean a Private Message Find more posts by Kelly_Bean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Bacon
Who?

im a little hung over

Old Post Mar 4th, 2006 03:05 PM
Mr. Bacon is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Bacon a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Bacon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Bacon
Who?

and tea always helps me when i have a sore throat

Old Post Mar 4th, 2006 03:05 PM
Mr. Bacon is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Bacon a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Bacon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mr. Bacon
and tea always helps me when i have a sore throat

Like regular sweet tea, unsweetened tea, warm, or cold tea?

Old Post Mar 4th, 2006 03:06 PM
Kelly_Bean is currently offline Click here to Send Kelly_Bean a Private Message Find more posts by Kelly_Bean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Bacon
Who?

hot tea, drink as prefered i guess, i like it with a tiny bit of sugar in it

Old Post Mar 4th, 2006 03:08 PM
k00L kiD
life is a dream

Originally posted by ILoveMyDaniel
I was at the Clay last night and I was outside 99% of the night. I have swollen, sore neck glands and a sore throat that woke me up at 4.00 AM this morning. Ouchies! It was well worth it considering last night was fun as hell but does anyone know any good home remedies I could use to calm the throat irritation every time I gulp, and the swollen gland feeling that makes me feel like my throat is going to swell shut?
Spank You All

Spank me? confused

Try some Bengay

Old Post Mar 4th, 2006 03:16 PM
k00L kiD is currently offline Click here to Send k00L kiD a Private Message Find more posts by k00L kiD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean

Originally posted by Mr. Bacon
hot tea, drink as prefered i guess, i like it with a tiny bit of sugar in it

Okay thanks.
Originally posted by Inspectah Deck
Spank me? confused

Try some Bengay

laughing out loud

Old Post Mar 4th, 2006 03:23 PM
fini
Hurricane stalker

hmmm, not sure bout the neck glands, the bengay sounds good, but for the throat I got a sure fire thing.

1. Grate about 2 tablespoon of fresh ginger, 1 tablespoon of tumeric, and add it to boiling water ( about 1-2 cups) and let it boil for bout a min. ............ I am not sure where you can get tumeric in your area, I got no problems cause Indians use it a lot and we got a whole bunch growing in the back yard.

2. SLowly sip bout 1/4 of that with some milk and sugar. Its real spicy and not that great tasting, but trust me IT WORKS. But u got to drink it while its hot though.............. Oh wait, you gotta strain the mixture before you drink it. oopps forgot about that.

I use it when I got a sore throat and when I got a killer cough and it works better than anything i have ever tried.

Thank you god for the blessing me with Chanel.
She is back with you now, so take care of her

Last edited by fini on Mar 4th, 2006 at 03:47 PM

Old Post Mar 4th, 2006 03:38 PM
fini is currently offline Click here to Send fini a Private Message Find more posts by fini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean

Originally posted by fini
hmmm, not sure bout the neck glands, the bengay sounds good, but for the throat I got a sure fire thing.

1. Grate about 2 tablespoon of fresh ginger, 1 tablespoon of tumeric, and add it to boiling water ( about 1-2 cups) and let it boil for bout a min. ............ I am not sure where you can get tumeric in your area, I got no problems cause Indians use it a lot and we got a whole bunch growing in the back yard.

2. SLowly sip bout 1/4 of that with some milk and sugar. Its real spicy and not that great tasting, but trust me IT WORKS. But u got to drink it while its hot though.............. Oh wait, you gotta strain the mixture before you drink it. oopps forgot about that.

I use it when I got a sore throat and when I got a killer cough and it works better than anything i have ever tried.

Thanks for the good idea but I have no idea what tumeric is, nor do we have ginger in our house erm

Old Post Mar 4th, 2006 04:12 PM
krillinite

get some hot water, put it in a cup and put some salt in it...garggle..then stay in bed yes

Old Post Mar 4th, 2006 05:34 PM
krillinite is currently offline Click here to Send krillinite a Private Message Find more posts by krillinite Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean

Originally posted by a1hsauce
get some hot water, put it in a cup and put some salt in it...garggle..then stay in bed yes

What does gargling do? The actual pain is in my throat so why would gargling something in my mouth have anything to do with my throat? messed

Old Post Mar 4th, 2006 05:43 PM
krillinite

wink trust me

Old Post Mar 4th, 2006 05:49 PM
krillinite is currently offline Click here to Send krillinite a Private Message Find more posts by krillinite Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fini
Hurricane stalker

The gargling forces a mucus responce in your throat, so the mucus covers the irritated region, thus making it feel better, thats the same thing you get from mints, strepsils( with a lil pain killers), inhaling menthol, drinking juice, milk.

BUt it doesn't actually help to heal the irritation though.

Thank you god for the blessing me with Chanel.
She is back with you now, so take care of her

Old Post Mar 4th, 2006 05:57 PM
fini is currently offline Click here to Send fini a Private Message Find more posts by fini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krillinite

how dare you

Old Post Mar 4th, 2006 06:11 PM
Kelly_Bean

Originally posted by fini
The gargling forces a mucus responce in your throat, so the mucus covers the irritated region, thus making it feel better, thats the same thing you get from mints, strepsils( with a lil pain killers), inhaling menthol, drinking juice, milk.

BUt it doesn't actually help to heal the irritation though.

Ohhhh, I see! stick out tongue Thanks.
Originally posted by a1hsauce
how dare you

Lol.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2006 06:56 PM