KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » you know what?

you know what?
Started by: badAssSoadFan13

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
badAssSoadFan13
I'm free as a bird now

you know what?

the music of today is getting worse and worse,
I'm not trying to bash Rap lovers or the Pop-punk stuff they call music.
But, I'm just saying...
I <3 music. but, we need some saviors like AC/DC were.
I don't mean to offend, because I think some saviors in the Hip-Hop/R&B music genre are definitely the Black Eyed Peas
I'm new to this, so I don't want to offend anyone. I don't want any fights to break out with me, I'm just adding in my opinion. embarrasment

Old Post Mar 19th, 2006 01:55 AM
badAssSoadFan13 is currently offline Click here to Send badAssSoadFan13 a Private Message Find more posts by badAssSoadFan13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morgoths_Wrath

there's plenty of good music out nowadays

you just have to know where to look

Old Post Mar 19th, 2006 01:59 AM
Morgoths_Wrath is currently offline Click here to Send Morgoths_Wrath a Private Message Find more posts by Morgoths_Wrath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

So you say today's music is bad, then you cite the Black Eyed Peas as not only hip hop, but the saviours of?

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Mar 19th, 2006 02:12 AM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ya Krunk'd Floo
Moving with the swell.

She's 13 years old. Let's move on...

Nothing of him that doth fade
But doth suffer a sea-change
Into something rich and strange.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2006 02:33 AM
Ya Krunk'd Floo is currently offline Click here to Send Ya Krunk'd Floo a Private Message Find more posts by Ya Krunk'd Floo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StinkFist462
Your Mom

haha. black eyed peas. savior of hip-hop.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2006 02:44 AM
StinkFist462 is currently offline Click here to Send StinkFist462 a Private Message Find more posts by StinkFist462 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K.Diddy
DiddyWood Style

Re: you know what?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by badAssSoadFan13
the music of today is getting worse and worse,
I'm not trying to bash Rap lovers or the Pop-punk stuff they call music.
But, I'm just saying...
I <3 music. but, we need some saviors like AC/DC were.
I don't mean to offend, because I think some saviors in the Hip-Hop/R&B music genre are definitely the Black Eyed Peas
I'm new to this, so I don't want to offend anyone. I don't want any fights to break out with me, I'm just adding in my opinion. embarrasment

Yes,Most ''Mainstream'' music is crap smile

Old Post Mar 19th, 2006 02:59 AM
K.Diddy is currently offline Click here to Send K.Diddy a Private Message Find more posts by K.Diddy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Strangelove
The King Stay The King

So is "My Humps" the savior song of hip hop?

“As flies to wanton boys are we to the gods, they kill us for their sport.”

Old Post Mar 19th, 2006 05:18 AM
Dr. Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cool_dudes_rule

Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove
no cause its lame. i cant stand black eyed peas there so overrated.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2006 08:55 AM
cool_dudes_rule is currently offline Click here to Send cool_dudes_rule a Private Message Find more posts by cool_dudes_rule Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkness~Calls

i take the 13 thing into offense so should badass JERK

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2006 09:27 PM
Darkness~Calls is currently offline Click here to Send Darkness~Calls a Private Message Find more posts by Darkness~Calls Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
badAssSoadFan13
I'm free as a bird now

i actually do take that 13 thing offensively.
Just because i'm 13 doesnt mean i can't have views and..it doesn't mean i'm stupider than you either.
i actually dont think black eyed peas are overrated, but my humps is.
And AC, yes, i do think that Black Eyed Peas are the saviors of Hip-hop. It sounds like I'm contradicting myself, but, they have a different sound and they really do attract a lot of fans. I even like their music, and I'm practically obsessed with rock.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2006 09:44 PM
badAssSoadFan13 is currently offline Click here to Send badAssSoadFan13 a Private Message Find more posts by badAssSoadFan13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkness~Calls

Originally posted by badAssSoadFan13
i actually do take that 13 thing offensively.
Just because i'm 13 doesnt mean i can't have views and..it doesn't mean i'm stupider than you either.
i actually dont think black eyed peas are overrated, but my humps is.
And AC, yes, i do think that Black Eyed Peas are the saviors of Hip-hop. It sounds like I'm contradicting myself, but, they have a different sound and they really do attract a lot of fans. I even like their music, and I'm practically obsessed with rock.

I agree one hundred percent with badass some people just dont understand that you can be younger than others yet know the same and in some cases more...But also BEP's are pretty much the only hip hop group which is saying a lot because i mostly despiese other hip hop and rap.

And Badass i would say you are obsessed just guessing roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2006 11:30 PM
Darkness~Calls is currently offline Click here to Send Darkness~Calls a Private Message Find more posts by Darkness~Calls Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Strangelove
The King Stay The King

They're not hip hop let alone "saviors" of anything.

They are a pop group and a bunch of sellouts.

“As flies to wanton boys are we to the gods, they kill us for their sport.”

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2006 12:41 AM
Dr. Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by Darkness~Calls
i take the 13 thing into offense so should badass JERK

"badass JERK" .... too (unintentionally) funny.

As for today's music there are some great Bands out, you shouldn'tr expect to much from Mainstream though. Except Avril Lavigne, she's real good Punk Rock.

Anyways, if you wat to liste to good current music you should maybe check out Audioslave, Dredg, Muse, Radiohead, Sigur Ros, Tool. And what exactly do you mean with todays music? Only 2006? Or the last decade? Or.....?

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2006 10:58 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

They're not hip hop let alone "saviors" of anything.

They are a pop group and a bunch of sellouts.

sellouts pretty much sums them up...i remember hearing them for the first time about 6 years ago which was their second album with the song request line with macy gray which i thought sounded pretty good...mellow

they disappeared for a while and then come back as an utterly generic pop act that tries to have some hip hop credibility...they obviously bow to record company pressure to have the good looking chick have the biggest share of the limelight

now they put out utter tripe like "dont phunk with my heart"

shame really

they're certainly not the saviours of anything...except maybe their own bank accounts

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2006 11:34 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
papabeard
tHe RiVeRmaN

I remember BEP from about 10 years, when they dressed like militants and played their own instruments. I think maybe it was their first album , before "request line" , but they have diluted and changed their style so much since then, back then they were musicians now they are just pop stars who write songs for childrens tv shows. And if they hadnt shamelesly added Fergie to their line up they wouldnt have had the mainstream succes that they've had.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2006 02:17 PM
papabeard is currently offline Click here to Send papabeard a Private Message Find more posts by papabeard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkness~Calls

Originally posted by Bardock42
"badass JERK" .... too (unintentionally) funny.

As for today's music there are some great Bands out, you shouldn'tr expect to much from Mainstream though. Except Avril Lavigne, she's real good Punk Rock.

Anyways, if you wat to liste to good current music you should maybe check out Audioslave, Dredg, Muse, Radiohead, Sigur Ros, Tool. And what exactly do you mean with todays music? Only 2006? Or the last decade? Or.....?

NEVER EVER SAY THAT AVRIL LAVIGNE IS A GOOD PUNK ROCK PERSON!!!!SHE IS A POSER AND YOU KNOW IT!!!SHE HANGS OUT WITH THE HILTONS FOR GODS SAKE!!!

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2006 10:22 PM
el_barto
I'm So Bored With the USA

NEVER EVER SAY THAT AVRIL LAVIGNE IS A GOOD PUNK ROCK PERSON!!!!SHE IS A POSER AND YOU KNOW IT!!!SHE HANGS OUT WITH THE HILTONS FOR GODS SAKE!!!

SARCASM DUMBASS. AND COULD YOU PLEASE TURN YOUR ****ING CAPS LOCK OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!

You Call This a New Way of Thinking? I Call This Regression to Ignorance.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2006 01:03 AM
el_barto is currently offline Click here to Send el_barto a Private Message Find more posts by el_barto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

sick

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2006 03:39 AM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
el_barto
I'm So Bored With the USA

Originally posted by -hh-
sick

Agreed!

You Call This a New Way of Thinking? I Call This Regression to Ignorance.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2006 03:50 AM
el_barto is currently offline Click here to Send el_barto a Private Message Find more posts by el_barto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Yeah, just a little joke to see if you folks were listening. You pass.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2006 12:26 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote