KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » General Fiction Area » Harry Potter Fiction » Harry Potter And the Tower Of Torture

Harry Potter And the Tower Of Torture
Started by: Hermione202

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Midnight109

Harry Potter And the Tower Of Torture

Hey, This is the new Version of my story, The Tower of Torture

Warning : Major HBP spoilers!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

(please log in to view the image)

Harry Potter And the Tower of Torture

Chapter 1- A Shock and an Important Meeting

A strong sense of danger could be detected in the cool air as a misty substance hung around, sending a chill vibrating through one’s body. The usual laughter and play of the children were no longer in existence as Muggles no longer let their children frolic about on the lawn or wander in the roads. Even the adults never left their houses unaccompanied by a friend or family member. People jumped at unexpected noises and fear crept through even the bravest whenever darkness descended. No one seemed to know why the air was so dismal, but they did know why fear radiated in every household. Murders were taking place every day and more and more people were appearing as though tortured by something very powerful. So powerful, in fact, that they appeared to be driven as a madness in result of experiencing intense pain.

Harry Potter sat on the end of his bed an empty feeling inside of him as the event that had taken place a few weeks ago left a horrible feeling in the pit of his stomach. Dumbledore was gone! Harry couldn’t believe it. Gone! How could such a thing happen? He had been dwelling over these thoughts in the three weeks of the summer that had passed. The death of Dumbledore brought him back to wondering whether or not he would succeed in finding and destroying the other Horcruxes. He secretly hoped that Ron and Hermione would not be able to accompany him on this particular adventure. They had already risked their lives for his benefit too many times; he didn’t want that to happen again nor did he want them to be in even more danger. Though deeper inside he knew that their support and love for him would help him greatly. He even more hoped that Ginny wouldn’t come. His concern for her was slightly greater seeing as he had recently been dating her and though she had proven her ability to battle with the Death Eaters before, he always worried that since she was younger, she wouldn’t be able to fend for herself as well as he, Ron, and Hermione. His thoughts were interrupted as he heard a ‘whoosh’ when Hedwig flew in through the window with a letter tied onto her leg. He retrieved the letter from her and hurriedly opened it. He had learned that the Order wouldn’t give him any information through owl post, but couldn’t help but be eager to view its contents. In the letter was, scribbled in a vaugely familiar writing, written:

Two days until your first communication with the wizarding world.

A small smile spread over Harry’s face at the thought of seeing Ron, Hermione and Ginny again. Inside, though, he wondered how they and the Order were coping with Dumbledore’s death. In a few days time, they would come to collect him and he would see their condition. Seeing as Dumbledore had been the leader of the Order, the members would probably be missing him. He knew that deep inside though, he would miss his beloved lost mentor the most. An acing sense of hurt would embrace him each time he thought about it. He felt lost, abandoned. Sighing, he brushed the pain of the death away with great effort and pondered some more. He wondered who the new leader would be. He wondered if it could be Kingsley since he was known for his excellence at battling and as a leader.

Unexpectedly, a crash of china and two voices yelling angrily at each other, one of them high pitched and irritated and the other heavy and furious, could be heard piercing the silence of the night. Harry whipped his wand out of his pocket and held it ready. He descended the stairs slowly and made his way cautiously to the sitting room from which the noise could be heard. As he neared his destination, Harry realized that the voices seemed distinctly familiar. Cautiously rounding the corner into the sitting room, Harry felt his wand slip out of his hands in shock. His aunt Petunia was holding a wand in her hand.

It was a dark, stormy night as the rain pounded the earth with a vengeance. Draco Malfoy was running along his Professor's side. Severus Snape had just gotten rid of the person his master feared most; Albus Dumbledore. Snape had betrayed Dumbledore's trust. Draco’s master had sent him out on a mission, and he had failed. He had failed to kill the old, Muggle loving fool, Dumbledore.

A shadowy and forbidding castle came into sight, and they ran to the entrance. There was a large picture of a serpent on the doors. The castle had peeling black paint, and an evil air vibrated through the atmosphere. Malfoy and Snape both put on their Death Eater attire. Their shady black robes and hoods that were lowered over their faces gave them a sinister look. Masking himself, Snape walked up to the front doors and pulled up the sleeve of his left arm, to reveal the Dark Mark. He put his wand to the mark, and then to the picture of the serpent. With a hissing noise, the doors opened. They entered the castle, holding their breath, careful not to make any noise; they were in their Master's lair. Very few Death Eaters exited it unharmed.

" You're late! " hissed a cold, angry voice, from the far corner of the room. A large torch, near where the voice spoke, burst into red flames. The light revealed the snakelike face with evil, red slits for eyes, of Lord Voldemort.

"Sorry, Master," mumbled Malfoy.

"Speak up!" hissed Voldemort.

"Sorry Master," said Malfoy, raising his voice. Malfoy’s voice wasn't its usual sneering self. He had always been the bully at Hogwarts, but in front of Voldemort, he was a coward. Draco always wanted to serve Voldemort, but still a student, he found a lot of pressure in doing so. To fulfill his master’s demands was always satisfying, especially if they had to do anything against that Potter boy.

"I have been hearing strange rumors being discussed. One of them is that Dumbledore is dead at last. I do not know whether to believe them or not, but I hoped one of you would tell me the truth,” said Voldemort, the usual snake-like hiss evident in his voice. Draco shifted slightly at this. He could almost feel his master going through his memories to find out if it was true, seeing as it was his mission to kill Dumbledore.

"Yes, it is true, My Lord," said Severus, his Death Eater’s hood up, covering his face.
A smirk appeared on Snape’s face. He actually didn't think it was possible for Dumbledore to die. It was said that Dumbledore was the only one Voldemort was ever scared of and the Death Eaters and Voldemort had failed each time with Dumbledore in the way. And it was proven true. Now that Dumbledore was dead, Voldemort could do what he intended to do.

An evil smile played about Voldemort’s lips. He had finally received the information he was searching for in Malfoy’s memories. ”How did it feel when you killed the old fool, Malfoy?”

Severus instantly realized that the Dark Lord had found out the truth. He then wondered if he would let Malfoy go.

"W-well Master,” stuttered Malfoy. Fear and nerves could strongly be detected in his voice.

“With all due respect for breaking into your conversation, Master, I must admit to you that Draco did not kill Dumbledore. It is not entirely his fault, My Lord. Dumbledore was trying to lure Draco to the other side when I arrived but our Draco had enough sense not to listen to Dumbledore’s blabbering nonsense about them protecting Malfoy and so on.”

"So are you telling me that it was you who killed Dumbledore?" asked Voldemort his red, snake-like eyes alive, showing no emotion than the usual icy-cold glare.

"Yes, My Lord, it was I who killed him and it was I who made the Death Eaters leave, or what was left of them."

Voldemort still showed no emotion. “I expected nothing less of you, Severus. You were always my best spy, my most loyal and trusted servant.” Snape kissed the hem of his Master’s robes in return for this praise. However, Voldemort wasn’t too pleased with the knowledge that Malfoy hadn’t completed his mission. Since Malfoy had gotten as far as cornering Dumbledore, he decided to assign Malfoy one more mission. And if he failed again, Malfoy would pay with the price of his life.

----------------------------

Please comment! big grin

Previously Hermione202 and Midnight_Miss

Last edited by Midnight109 on Feb 25th, 2006 at 11:56 PM

Old Post Feb 25th, 2006 11:46 PM
Midnight109 is currently offline Click here to Send Midnight109 a Private Message Find more posts by Midnight109 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silver_stars

WOW

Old Post Feb 26th, 2006 12:42 AM
silver_stars is currently offline Click here to Send silver_stars a Private Message Find more posts by silver_stars Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Midnight109

Shall I take that as a compliment, silver_stars? big grin

Old Post Feb 26th, 2006 12:48 AM
Midnight109 is currently offline Click here to Send Midnight109 a Private Message Find more posts by Midnight109 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

Good way to get back into Writing. thumb up

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Feb 26th, 2006 12:54 AM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Midnight109

Thank you.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2006 12:57 AM
xEsaulx
Bringer of Life

HAHAHA HERE I AM POSTING AT LAST!!!!!!!

TERRIFIC
GREAT
AMAZING
WONDERFUL
AWESOME
BREATHTAKING
SPECTACULAR
BRILLIANT
SPLENDID
MAGNIFICENT
GOOD
EXCELLENT
SHOCKING
ENTERTAINING
TWO THUMBS UP
etc. etc. etc.

big grin

Old Post Feb 26th, 2006 01:13 AM
xEsaulx is currently offline Click here to Send xEsaulx a Private Message Find more posts by xEsaulx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xEsaulx
Bringer of Life

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK HERMIONE! LOOKING FOWARD TO MORE

Old Post Feb 26th, 2006 01:17 AM
xEsaulx is currently offline Click here to Send xEsaulx a Private Message Find more posts by xEsaulx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xEsaulx
Bringer of Life

*dresses up as someone else*

This isn't Saratn! This is the boogey man!

Great beginning! you should try to submit this to mugglenet if you haven't yet.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2006 01:20 AM
xEsaulx
Bringer of Life

*dressed up as a dodo*

When do we get more?

Old Post Feb 26th, 2006 01:23 AM
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

Quadruple Post?

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Feb 26th, 2006 01:31 AM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xEsaulx
Bringer of Life

hehehe.......yep big grin

Old Post Feb 26th, 2006 01:36 AM
xEsaulx
Bringer of Life

HERMIONE WHERE IS THE POST YOU PROMISED???

Old Post Feb 26th, 2006 01:39 AM
Midnight109

Yes, Isn't it obvious that he is mad? lol.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lord_Saratn
HAHAHA HERE I AM POSTING AT LAST!!!!!!!

TERRIFIC
GREAT
AMAZING
WONDERFUL
AWESOME
BREATHTAKING
SPECTACULAR
BRILLIANT
SPLENDID
MAGNIFICENT
GOOD
EXCELLENT
SHOCKING
ENTERTAINING
TWO THUMBS UP
etc. etc. etc.

big grin

Don't outdo yourself Saratn...*sighs* And I have it on Mugglenet. And You get more in a while. Possibly a few days...or a week...or two. Hard to tell.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2006 01:40 AM
xEsaulx
Bringer of Life

WHAT!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I'M THE ONE WHO TAKES FOREVER TO POST ON THINGS

Old Post Feb 26th, 2006 01:44 AM
iluvhp1_7
Fourth Year

i love it! its like your and actual author!The only part i dont like is the Petunia and the wand thing. It would be kool to make her a Squib and trying to protect herself with just a wand she doesnt know how ot use that would make since. It would explain her jealousy her sister wasn't Squib she could use magic and go to magic to learn about it and control but Petunia couldn't because she didn't know how to use it.

Take what you can from
your dreams, make them
as real as anything
-Dave Matthews

Old Post Feb 26th, 2006 02:05 AM
iluvhp1_7 is currently offline Click here to Send iluvhp1_7 a Private Message Find more posts by iluvhp1_7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silver_stars

yes you should big grin but post soon!

Old Post Feb 26th, 2006 03:28 AM
silver_stars is currently offline Click here to Send silver_stars a Private Message Find more posts by silver_stars Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xEsaulx
Bringer of Life

IN A FEW DAYS, OR A WEEK OR TWO. GAH! I CAN'T BELIEVE HERMIONE LEAVING US HANGING LIKE THAT................

oh wait............that's my fault.

i'm suppose to help her with ideas.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2006 04:27 AM
paliwal_ruppal
A teenage witch

Wow! Fabulous writing Hermione.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2006 10:11 AM
paliwal_ruppal is currently offline Click here to Send paliwal_ruppal a Private Message Find more posts by paliwal_ruppal Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Midnight109

iluvhpsomuch1_7, I hope to be an actual author someday. eek! And because Petunia found the wand, it doesn't mean that she is a squib, knows how to use it or suddenly has an interest in the migical world. I could be one of those though....or it could not. Time will tell, or, rather the next post will tell. stick out tongue

Saratn, calm down... laughing out loud

I will post as soon as i have felt that I have left you all to wonder about Petunia long enough silver_stars. shifty

Thanks Paliwal_ruppal. happy

Old Post Feb 26th, 2006 02:10 PM
deathgod

the story is great pls post soon. and pls kindly pm me if you have updated

Old Post Feb 26th, 2006 02:57 PM
deathgod is currently offline Click here to Send deathgod a Private Message Find more posts by deathgod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote