KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Why so little fanfiction?

Why so little fanfiction?
Started by: littleredhat

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
littleredhat

Question Why so little fanfiction?

Why is it that of all the forms of media such as anime/manga,tv,movies,music american comic books have the least fanfiction?

I mean seriously comics fans write the fewest fan stories. Why?

Are Superhero fans less creative? Is it simply a fact that females(the majority of fanfic authors) make up such a small group of comic fans?

Or is it that comics just don't have as large a fanbase as say anime?

I would love to read some good fanfics about my favorite comics but for the life of me I can't seem to find more than a handfull. And out of those only a few are even readable.

So whear are all the comic fanfics? Why are there so few?

Old Post Jun 11th, 2006 02:57 PM
littleredhat is currently offline Click here to Send littleredhat a Private Message Find more posts by littleredhat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovacs86

I do fan fics! i started a Scarecrow origin to fit in with BB on http://www.fanfiction.net/ and... oh, yeah. these are NOT by me but are v. good "Ultimate DC" fanfics!

http://www.ultimatedc.org/

Thanks to Badwolf for the great sig!

Old Post Jun 11th, 2006 03:03 PM
Kovacs86 is currently offline Click here to Send Kovacs86 a Private Message Find more posts by Kovacs86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

I've done dozens of comic fan fics in the past, but they're all so terrible, I can't stand to read them anymore. erm

Old Post Jun 11th, 2006 04:35 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Comic fan-fics are usually unliked because they suck compared to the actual stories. Also the continuity is usually a difficult thing to write with.

I have recently found a good Superman/Ultimates crossover though.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2006 05:30 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

quote: (post)
Originally posted by grey fox
Comic fan-fics are usually unliked because they suck compared to the actual stories. Also the continuity is usually a difficult thing to write with.

I have recently found a good Superman/Ultimates crossover though.

I disagree. I've seen fan-fics that are better than the ones that are published by professionals.

Comic fan-fiction can be just as good as any other fan-fiction. erm

Old Post Jun 11th, 2006 05:53 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Originally posted by H. S. 6
I disagree. I've seen fan-fics that are better than the ones that are published by professionals.

Comic fan-fiction can be just as good as any other fan-fiction. erm

Probably because they don't jobber....

Old Post Jun 11th, 2006 07:27 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

Check out the link to the story vs thread below my sig big grin some people on these forums have done some great short stories big grin

Old Post Jun 11th, 2006 07:56 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

I remember a great Carnage fan-fic where Cletus decided to celebrate thanksgiving and steamed a baby.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2006 08:02 PM
Private Pion

I don't write fanfiction, but I DO write scripts for comics.

I particularly use old, old, incredibly old characters who are public domain.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2006 08:02 PM
Private Pion is currently offline Click here to Send Private Pion a Private Message Find more posts by Private Pion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Like Doc savage ?

Old Post Jun 11th, 2006 08:16 PM
Private Pion

Actually, yes. He made a brief apperance in one of my comics, as an old man.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2006 08:24 PM
Private Pion is currently offline Click here to Send Private Pion a Private Message Find more posts by Private Pion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

What ff do you write ?

I do a small range .....

It's kinda embarrassing actually.

I do Hellsing , Kim Possible , Teen Titans (I got sucked in ok !!) , Occasionally a Buffy one shut (Man i feel like scum writing that...) and enjoy crossovers . Like my Hellsing/WOTW crossover....

Old Post Jun 11th, 2006 08:27 PM
Private Pion

I generally don't do anything specific. Sometimes friends ask me to write stories about certain things, so I do.

I'm currently wrapped up in a big story which, under the text, is about how I feel about stories, using characters from older media such as Atoman from Spark Publications, Tod Holton,Super Green Beret from Lightning Comics and Rainbow Boy, with a few others, to portray how different stories can be, and what makes them good or bad.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2006 08:32 PM
Scarecrow756
The Joker

Here is a Batman movie script I have been working on. It is a sequel to Batman Begins.

Synopsis of Batman Escalation
The fight for injustice continues. A year after Batman took on cape and cowl he faces new challenges. Around Gothem a new killer has been leaving Joker cards and his victims smiling at scenes of the crime. While under the investigations of this new killer, three mob bosses plan for war to take over Carmine Folcone place and ultimately to rule Gothem City. As well as that Batman life becomes harder when a female jewel thief known as Catwomen comes on the scene and turns out to be the women affecting his choice for giving up the cowl for good, to seek a better life. Allied with Lt James Gordon and his collage friend as well as new DA Harvey Dent, Batman tries to stop the Joker from unleashing his vengeance upon Gothem City.

A place near the Docks.
Random Cop: What is it this time?
Random Cop: Just another killing, but the victim is smiling.
Cop: Seems this been happening all over the city.
Cop: What da mean.
Cop: There’s been loads of bodies found with the victims smiling.
Cop: Strange times these are.
Cop: Hey guys I found this.
Cop: A Joker Card
Suddenly a huge explosion erupts and all cops die soon a lone figure emerges from the fire.
Joker: Aren’t Tragedies extremely funny.
Suddenly he throws a Joker Card and lands Joker faced up.
Roll into Credits.

Press flood outside City Hall and greet new Junior Assistant DA Harvey Dent AKA Two-Face.
Reporter: As new Junior Assistant DA Harvey do you have a message for the criminals of this city.
Harvey Dent: Any criminal who thinks they can get away with crime in this city will be punished with the full power of Justice.
Reporter: And what are your thoughts on the Batman.
Harvey Dent: Assuming he is on the side of good he can be a huge help for this city.
TV Newscaster: New Junior Assistant DA Harvey Dent has put all of Mob Boss Penguin men behind bars and soon might be the youngest person to be promoted Senior DA.
In a skyscraper not so far away the Mob Boss Penguin is sitting round a big conference table. He is short fat man with a top hat, glass eye and has a long cigar in mouth.
Penguin: Harvey Dent has rounded up mostly all my men, I can`t look weak. What do you suggest I do.
Around the table six men of the Penguins are sitting.
Man One: Bind ya time Boss.
Man Two: Wage war.
Man Three: Go after Harvey Dent.
Penguin: Bind my time hmmm maybe I can wait gather my strength then wage war on Sionis and Thorn.
Man Four: What about the Batman boss?
Penguin: Don’t worry Gibbons I already have somebody to deal with him. Oh here he comes.
Suddenly a tall man, quite Muscular man comes in.
Penguin: Mr Bane you know what to do I assume.
Bane: Break the Bat. By the way where is my money Mr Copplepot.
Penguin: You shell get it as soon as I have Batman head on my desk.

Bruce Wayne wakes up to Alfred at his bedside.
Alfred: Finally awake Master Bruce, I took the liberty of rescheduling your 9.00 meeting to this afternoon.
Bruce Wayne: Thank you Alfred.
Alfred: What about the cave then.
Bruce Wayne: It is nearly finished; the big computer should be coming soon.
Alfred: Big computer????
Bruce Wayne: Yes this big computer is state of the art; it will help me track criminals more easily.

Suddenly Alfred and Bruce Wayne hear a news report about the Joker.

Newscaster: Just last night there has been another attack by a criminal now dubbed the Joker at the docks. These are the many of the attacks that the Joker has left his mark of his crimes. Normally at the scene his victims are smiling and Joker cards are left near the scene. Gotham Police Department Comminser has said no comment to this attack.

Bruce Wayne: I should keep an extra eye on the streets when I am out.
Alfred: This Joker character sounds like a tricky costumer.
Bruce Wayne: Which is why I should keep an extra eye out? So Alfred any events in the social calendar.
Alfred: I do believe you have an opera to go to tonight.
Bruce Wayne: Come on Alfred, you know I hate opera.
Alfred: I see Batman hates opera but Bruce Wayne must appear to have a love for the theatrical.
Bruce Wayne: All a part of concealing my identity.
Alfred: Quite right Master Wayne. Now how would a nice bit of English tea do?
Bruce Wayne: It would just fine, thank you Alfred.
Alfred: My Pleasure Master Bruce.

Bruce Wayne greets Harvey Dent at the entrance to the opera.

Bruce Wayne: Hay Harvey, I have not seen you since the good old Princeton days.
Harvey Dent: Hay Bruce, I see life is good with you.
Bruce Wayne: Indeed it has.
Harvey Dent: Just tell me one thing Bruce, why did you leave Princeton?
Bruce Wayne: I guess I had to clear my head.
Harvey Dent: The lose of a loved one is always hard to bear.
Bruce Wayne: So I hear you have already put most of the Mob Boss Penguin men behind bars.
Harvey Dent: I may have most of the Penguin’s men behind bars but I fear Bruce that there are more of those slimy worms nesting near the hidden parts of Gotham, some times I feel like butchering all of them.
Bruce Wayne: How can you say a thing like that specially a man in your postion who serves Justice.
Harvey Dent: Well Bruce as they say Justice is blind.
Bruce Wayne: It may be blind but you still have to enforce it.
Harvey Dent: Sorry Bruce I guess I just lost control for a moment, normally people don’t usually see my dark side.
Bruce Wayne: I have seen it plenty a time Harvey.

"STARTING TONIGHT PEOPLE WILL DIE.. I`M A MAN OF MY WORD"-
THE JOKER- THE DARK KNIGHT TEASER TRAILER

Old Post Jun 11th, 2006 08:37 PM
Scarecrow756 is currently offline Click here to Send Scarecrow756 a Private Message Find more posts by Scarecrow756 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scarecrow756
The Joker

Suddenly Harvey Dent takes out a coin and starts playing with it.

Bruce Wayne: Why do you always play with that coin Harvey, even in Princeton when I ever I saw you, you were playing with that coin.
Harvey Dent: Lighten up Bruce, don’t you like a littlie game of chance. Shell we go in?

After the show Bruce notices a woman getting mugged.

Random Mugger: Let’s have some money lady.
Selina Kyle: I told you already I do not have any money.
Bruce Wayne: Excuse me how does this check sound to you if you leave this lady alone.
The mugger goes off into the cold night after that.
Selina Kyle: Muggers are always around this time.
Bruce Wayne: I guess the night seems to draw them.
Selina Kyle: So what is the name of this knight in shining armour?
Bruce Wayne: Bruce Wayne, and who might I have the pleasure of saving.
Selina Kyle: Mr Wayne your reputation precedes you, lazy drunk playboy.
Bruce Wayne: Call me Bruce and actually I am the owner of Wayne Industries, what do you do then Miss Kyle?
Selina Kyle: Call me Selina; I actually have a night job.
Bruce Wayne: What kind of night job would that be then?
Selina Kyle: Oh would you look at the time, I have to go home a feed my Cat.
Bruce Wayne: Your cat?
Selina Kyle: She eats so much; well it was nice to meet you Bruce.

She gives him pact on the cheek and then goes of into the night. Suddenly a drunken Harvey Dent comes towards Bruce.
Harvey Dent: Bruce is thaatt yourrr effect on every woman youuu meeeet.
Bruce Wayne: Come on Harvey, I have got to take you home before you do something stupid.

Suddenly Bruce Wayne takes out a phone of his pocket.

Bruce Wayne: Hay Alfred would you come and pick us up.
Alfred: Okay Master Bruce I will be there in two minutes.
Two minutes later Alfred comes with a big limo.

Alfred: Did you have fun Master Bruce?
Bruce Wayne: It was okay I met Harvey Dent.
Alfred: How is the old boy?
Bruce Wayne: He is fine. He doing what he always wanted to, he is upholding the law.
Alfred: I heard he is the youngest junior DA being prompted to senior DA. So sir did you meet anyone else.
Bruce Wayne: I did, but unfourtunilly she ran of when I asked her about her job.
Alfred: Did she leave without stating her name?
Bruce Wayne: No her name is Selina Kyle. I saved her from being mugged.
Alfred: I hope you did not use any native form of fighting.
Bruce Wayne: No I did not I just gave him a check and he went.
Alfred: Master Bruce where is Mr Dent?
Bruce Wayne: He is in the back, he a bit too much of the drink. Do you mind dropping him home Alfred.
Alfred: Sure thing Master Bruce.

Meanwhile in another part of the city two friends are arguing over a moral descion

Holly: You can’t be serious Selina this is just wrong.
Selina Kyle: Come on Holly do you really want to remain a hooker all your life, stealing is better then that.
Holly: I guess there is just no stopping you Selina. By the way how was the opera thingy?
Selina Kyle: It was fine, guess who I bumped into.
Holly: Who Selina?
Selina Kyle: Old rich bachelor himself Bruce Wayne.
Holly: How did you bump into him then?
Selina Kyle: I was getting mugged, he came and saved me.
Holly: Hay Selina instead robbing museums by night maybe you could just marry Bruce Wayne and then divorce him then you get most of the money. You would be loaded for life if you do that.
Selina Kyle: I may be despite and poor Holly but I would not marry a guy for money. I would marry a guy if I truly loved him and willing to spend the rest of my life with him.
Holly: Oh look who has become choosy.
Selina Kyle: Well I have got to go there is a diamond museum nearby that I want to go robb.
Holly: I still think this is a bad idea and that costume looks dorky.
Selina Kyle: Well you were always the good one.

On a rooftop not so far away Lt James Gordon calls upon Gotham hero to once again save the day. In a limo heading towards Wayne Manor, Bruce Wayne notices the Batman signal is lit.

Bruce Wayne: The signal is lit.
Alfred: Well you must go.
Bruce Wayne: I have already got a spear costume with me. Well see you later Alfred.
Alfred Try to be careful Master Bruce.

Alfred looks around and notices that Bruce Wayne has vanished.

Alfred: He has really got to stop doing that vanishing trick of his.

In the dark night of Gotham City a light is shone from a high rooftop by Lt Jim Gorden, Batman arrives in haste to greet him.
Lt James Gorden: Your late.
Batman: I arrive when I need to what`s new.
Lt James Gorden: This killer has been leaving Joker cards at scenes of his crimes as well as his victims left smiling.
Batman: Where was the last attack.
Lt James Gorden: The docks near the Axis Chemical Plant.
Batman: Who did he hit.
Lt James Gorden: Just a few police officers, why?
Batman: There are no pattens in his attacks.
Lt James Gorden: Judging by his crimes, I say he lives in a world where chaos rules.
Batman: Any mob bosses?
Lt James Gorden: All the mob bosses have gone into hiding, I bet they planing something big.
Batman: WAR!
Lt James Gorden: It seems like the only solution, why else would they go into hiding.
Batman: Unless they are afraid.
Lt James Gorden: But of who?
Batman: That is the question we must answer before we find out the hard way.
Lt James Gorden: Batman I almost forgot to tell you that Harvey Dent a new joined DA will be working with us on this case. Batman where are you?
Suddenly Lt James Gorden gets a message that there has been a robbery.
Police: There been a robbery in the museum.
Lt James Gorden: What was stolen?
Police: Some rare diamonds.
Lt James Gorden: Have you identified the thief?
Police: A woman in a Cat suite. We are currently in pursuit.
Lt James Gordon: I will be there soon. Why can’t I ever have a quiet night with out some nut evading the town, Barbra needs me more then ever now, is it always like this late nights and early days, only being able to see my daughter only a few minutes a day. Well ever since this Joker killer has been leaving the mark of his horrible deeds, my work been more demanding, well Comminser Loeb has been tough on us, he really wants that nut behind bars as well as Batman. Well it’s not all that bad, deep down I feel that my daughter will someday will follow in my footsteps whether it is as a crime vigilante or just a police officer. Well she only may be seven but she is already starting to show character and always says she wants to be like those exterdy heroes that only exist in fiction. But deep down I know heroes do exist and make a difference no matter how much they are hated.
Lt James Gordon’s Bodyguard: Well enough chit chat about your life story Sir we got to go, and lets see if your friend turns up.
Lt James Gordon: We will see, he has never let me down before and I don’t think he will this time.

Batman is in Arkham Asylum, he hears whispers of the Joker who is not to far from him.
Joker: Why does a man dress like a Bat I wonder.
Batman: Who`s there answer me!
Joker: One day is all it takes to drive a man insane.
Batman: Come out who ever you are.
Joker: I smell the fear in you.
Batman: What are you?
Joker An artist in what I do, like you I wear a mask. You could call me the Prince of Crime, the maker of tragedy but I would just prefer it if you called me The Joker.
Batman: Show yourself Joker.
Joker: As you command.
Out of the shadows comes a tall figure who has dark green hair, white skin, a fixed smile and a dark purple suit.
Batman: Your the murderer, who has been leaving the victums with fixed smiles.
Joker: Took your time Batman, to figure it out.
Batman: How do you know my name.
Joker: Your a wanted man, please you make me laugh.

Batman is looking up the moon on a building near the Bat signal and Catwomen comes to greet him.
Catwomen: Long Night huh.
Batman: I have had loads of long nights recently.
Catwomen: So what`s next.
Batman: The future is uncertain Selina, crime never rests, the Joker may be in Arkham but Black Mask is still out there. Gang warfare just seems inevitable each passing day.
Catwomen: I meant about us, Bruce are afraid to let me in.
Batman: It is not that Selina. I always be Batman and committed to fight crime and love with not get in the way.
Catwomen: This is not you Bruce.
Batman: Bruce Wayne died years ago, Batman is all I am now, Bruce Wayne is just a mask I am wearing.
Catwomen: Bruce think, we are who we are but it does not mean you have to shut yourself out.
Batman: Selina, I left my normal life years ago.
Catwomen:Well Bruce the day you have decided to become Bruce Wayne again that be the I will be back. I am leaving Gotham City.
It starts to rain, Batman and Catwomen both kiss each for the final time and then Catwomen goes of into the night. Batman meanwhile activates Bat wings and glides of the building into the night. Roll Credits, Bat symbol with title Batman Escalation.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2006 08:38 PM
Scarecrow756 is currently offline Click here to Send Scarecrow756 a Private Message Find more posts by Scarecrow756 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scarecrow756
The Joker

I also written a Teaser Trailer script for Batman Escaltion, here it is.

Batman Escalation Teaser Trailer Script
Trailer opens up with Scarecrow in a strait jacket.
Lt James Gorden: Crane what do you know about this new killer?
Scarecrow: I just know he’s coming
Suddenly a huge explosion happens and we are taken to a scene where all the policeman are seen dead with grins on their face and Joker cards found near them.
Then we come to a scene where Mob Boss Coppolepot is announcing something to his men.
Penguin: My friends it is time to take back what is ours, are you with me?
THIS SUMMER THE DARK KNIGHT FACES HIS GREATEST FOE!!!!
Joker: Wait till the real laugh Batman. HA HA HA HA!!!!!
Alfred: Master Bruce may I introduce to you Miss Selina Kyle.
Selina Kyle: Bruce Wayne your reputation proceeds you, lazy drunk playboy.
Bruce Wayne: Actually I am owner of Wayne industries.
Selina Kyle: Yeah and I have a night job.
Then switch to a shot where Catwoman jumps out of a window.
Lt James Gorden: Batman may I introduce you to...
Batman: Harvey Dent Junior DA.
Then switch to a shot with Rupert Thorn.
Rupert Thorn: Boys no more hiding in the shadows we are going to war and the air is smelling fresh.
The switch to a shot outside a burned house.
Black Mask: Thanks for the face lift Batman, because it has awakened a name of fear that in time every other Mob Boss in Gotham will call me by and the name is Black Mask. Watch out Gotham Black Mask is about to enter town.
Joker: The end is near for you my fellow Gothamites.
Then comes a Batman logo, the one used in Batman Begins followed by Batman Escalation and coming summer 2008.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2006 08:39 PM
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Originally posted by Private Pion
I generally don't do anything specific. Sometimes friends ask me to write stories about certain things, so I do.

I'm currently wrapped up in a big story which, under the text, is about how I feel about stories, using characters from older media such as Atoman from Spark Publications, Tod Holton,Super Green Beret from Lightning Comics and Rainbow Boy, with a few others, to portray how different stories can be, and what makes them good or bad.

Super green berret makes me laugh so damn much.....

Old Post Jun 11th, 2006 08:41 PM
Private Pion

Originally posted by grey fox
Super green berret makes me laugh so damn much.....

Me too-Which is why I chose him.

You see, all the characters in the script have escaped comic book limbo. and are aware they are fictional. They know the only way they can stay out is if they become important, so they go about it trying to do it in different ways, except for Rainbow Boy, who decides to just have as much fun as he can before he goes back, and Tod (Super Green Beret) who understands his fictionality the best, decides that his existance can never be important-He's so silly a concept, no one will ever care about him. Throughout, I make Tod seem the most human of the characters, the most real and most relatable-Because I feel that a silly concept doesn't have to be stupid in practice.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2006 08:48 PM
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

So kind of like a self insert...but backwards ?

Old Post Jun 11th, 2006 08:52 PM
Private Pion

I like the term 'embodiment.' He emodies my idea of a story that is compelling for its characters.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2006 09:01 PM