KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Batwoman To Return As Lesbian

Batwoman To Return As Lesbian
Started by: miroku

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
miroku

Batwoman To Return As Lesbian

i really didn't know where to put this

NEW YORK -- Batwoman is coming back -- and coming out of the closet.

D.C. Comics is bringing back the classic character as a lesbian. The new Batwoman debuts in July as part of a weekly series that started this year.

The 5-foot-10-inch superhero has flowing red hair, knee-high red boots with spike heels and a super-tight black outfit.

A top editor said D.C. "wanted to make her a more unique personality than others in the Bat-family." The original Batwoman was started in 1956 and killed off in 1979.

The editor said the step isn't "just about having a gay character." He said D.C. is striving "for overall diversity."

Reviews are mixed on Web sites devoted to D.C. Comics. One critic said ugly superheroes might be more groundbreaking, offering the examples of "200-pound woman, man with horseshoe hair loss pattern, people with cold sores."

Miroku: i'll have to open up the wind tunnel it's the only way

Old Post Jun 1st, 2006 02:32 AM
miroku is currently offline Click here to Send miroku a Private Message Find more posts by miroku Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

No it can't be sick

Old Post Jun 1st, 2006 04:40 AM
Mandrag Ganon is currently offline Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
smiley8
Come what may....

Its true, i read it on the showbiz part of teletext they have in the UK. Batwoman is going to be a lesbian and somethings going to happen with Renee Montoya in 52!

Old Post Jun 1st, 2006 10:07 AM
smiley8 is currently offline Click here to Send smiley8 a Private Message Find more posts by smiley8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kanis
L dragon

Does anyone really think this is a good idea and what's wrong the batgirl they have now.

The dragon lord cometh

Old Post Jun 1st, 2006 01:43 PM
kanis is currently offline Click here to Send kanis a Private Message Find more posts by kanis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Why not? Gays are part of every day life - they should be represented more in the comics world.
Think how far we've come. A few decades ago, people would have been very critical of Luke Cage marrying Jessica Jones, but mixed marriage is more common now.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jun 1st, 2006 02:45 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Here she is...

Attachment: batwomanoyl.png
This has been downloaded 204 time(s).

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jun 1st, 2006 03:21 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

I'm gonna slap Dan Didio on his bald head so hard....that hair eventually will grow again.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2006 03:27 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovacs86

I don't mind... kinky... big grin

Thanks to Badwolf for the great sig!

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2006 04:45 PM
Kovacs86 is currently offline Click here to Send Kovacs86 a Private Message Find more posts by Kovacs86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
miroku

quote: (post)
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
I'm gonna slap Dan Didio on his bald head so hard....that hair eventually will grow again.
LOL good one

Miroku: i'll have to open up the wind tunnel it's the only way

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2006 03:43 AM
miroku is currently offline Click here to Send miroku a Private Message Find more posts by miroku Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovacs86

LOL... so when will she appear in comics again?

Old Post Jun 4th, 2006 09:40 AM
Kovacs86 is currently offline Click here to Send Kovacs86 a Private Message Find more posts by Kovacs86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botcherby

she appears in like #7 of 52 I think...

Its quite funny actually... someone said that no new characters are introduced to comics unless they are "gay, lesbian, hispanic, black"

Old Post Jun 4th, 2006 12:58 PM
botcherby is currently offline Click here to Send botcherby a Private Message Find more posts by botcherby Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utaro

I think its a bad idea...if they want to ruin the character so be it.

Nintendo Wii will change the world of videogamming.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2006 08:33 PM
Utaro is currently offline Click here to Send Utaro a Private Message Find more posts by Utaro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
01ZERO
Restricted

Account Restricted

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ITS LESBIAN eek!

Old Post Jun 5th, 2006 08:22 AM
01ZERO is currently offline Click here to Send 01ZERO a Private Message Find more posts by 01ZERO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovacs86

Dude, grow up and learn to TURN FF CAPS LOCK! mad

Old Post Jun 5th, 2006 07:45 PM
MrHeavySilence

If they're doing it just for the sake of "adding flavor," then its just plain stupid.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2006 12:50 AM
MrHeavySilence is currently offline Click here to Send MrHeavySilence a Private Message Find more posts by MrHeavySilence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Null

*Sigh* I hate when tehy change characters..we all know what happened to Nick fury *Sigh*. Seriously if they should make a new character completly, I hate when they change characters!!, I say make new ones since there are a lack of new characters anyway.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2006 06:09 PM
Null is currently offline Find more posts by Null Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovacs86

indeed. The only good new Bat-villain in YEARS is Hush. Before that, Bane (who was about 12 years earlier or so) was decent until he started jobbing and become a good guy...

Old Post Jun 18th, 2006 10:58 AM
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MrHeavySilence
If they're doing it just for the sake of "adding flavor," then its just plain stupid.

They are only doing it for money. They don't give a damn about Flavor.
It's all broke back mountain's fault.

DAMN YOU HEATH LEDGER!!!!!

Old Post Jul 26th, 2006 01:30 AM
Mandrag Ganon is currently offline Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovacs86

... and to top it all off, we're now REALLy going to have Brokebat mt, with a gay joker!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Post Jul 26th, 2006 08:41 AM
Richv1

Making a female hero a lesbian just for the money it might generate won't work. I bet after a year this comic will be cancelled. I'll pick up the first issue to check it out but thats it.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2006 12:32 AM
Richv1 is currently offline Click here to Send Richv1 a Private Message Find more posts by Richv1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote